• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Heartwarming songs

Keltena

I told you – I'm always with you.
Pronoun
they
What the title says - we've discussed heartbreaking, happy, and comforting songs. Which songs give you that warm fuzzy feeling or just make you go awwwwww~? Which ones strike a chord in you that makes you almost want to tear up, but in a good way?

For me, first place is "You Ruined Everything" by Jonathan Coulton. It's a song about becoming a parent, and just... d'awww. <3

In a similar vein is "The Man Who Would Be Santa" by Vertical Horizon. Aside from that, some of my favorites are:

Lullabye for a Stormy Night - Vienna Teng
Swim - Jack's Mannequin
Winter - Tori Amos
Good Enough - Sarah McLachlan
Listen to the Rain - Evanescence
Every Beat of My Heart - Corrinne May
Only a Dream - Mary Chapin Carpenter
I'll Cover You - RENT
Nothing Without You - Vienna Teng
Somewhere - Within Temptation
Enough to Go By - Vienna Teng

What are yours?

justice vs. simian - we are your friends ("we! are! your friends!! you! will never be alone again!!")
animal collective - what would i want? sky
the roots - you got me
the entire yoshimi battles the pink robots album by the flaming lips

Last edited:
The Lightning Strike (Daybreak in particular)-Snow Patrol
I Like You, I Love You-Rin Kagamine (Because it's just adorable.)

...And everything else I like is in the depressing category.

"what would i want? sky"
"ponytail" - panda bear
"joga" - bjork
"blown a wish" - my bloody valentine
"pearly dew drops drops" - cocteau twins

Back
Top Bottom