• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

HEY LOOK FAKE POKEYMANS (requests reclosed :O )

Re: HEY LOOK FAKE POKEYMANS

Umm, I'm assuming that 'Requests Open' means that requests are open.

I would like you to draw a nice Psunkeen. It likes the sun, being a parrot-ish tropical thingy, so maybe you can make the Psunkeen look like he's happy that the sun's out. Or something.

Linoone: D:

You don't fail! I don't like it when people say looking at someone else's art makes them feel inferior. I don't exactly get a kick out of making people feel bad D:

(okay actually I do but not in a situation like this! D:D:D:)

Anyway thank you but I order you to feel better about your artwork. I like it, if that means anything.

Blastoise428: No, "Requests Open" means that requests are closed.

...okay, but I'm a little confused by the picture. Are those wings, or arm things a little like Snorunt or something? And what are the green things on its head? Horns, feathers, etc. And, should I end up drawing it with the wings/arms lifted, is all of its body that speckled yellow or what?

Requests closed again, lalalala.

Sorry, probably should've been more descriptive. *D'oh*

Psunkeen all have distinctive markings AKA speckled yellow on their wings, neck, and belly. And yes, those are wings. The speckly yellow is only where it is represented on the pic, and those things on its head are large feathers that are adapted as ears.

I would prefer it with the Psunkeen with its wings up, but altogether it's up to you.

White Wolf: the sketch.

Tropiking: the raptor.

Twitch: the wolverine. (the little roooocks, they were a pain in the aaaass D:)

And Kratos: the oriole and the bull.

The last two are two more of my fakes, Icauriole and Bossorna. They're one region's final early bird and final Grass starter, respectively. Icauriole currently isn't anything too special (I was just wandering around Wikipedia looking for birds you don't see too often as fakes and decided that orioles are really pretty), but Bossorna is really cool. Not only did he turn out more Sugi-esque than the rest, I like the concept a lot: he's based on a bullhorn acacia tree, creatively reinterpreted to be more bull than tree a la the Tedigrae line but with less artisticfail.

...god it took me forever to figure out what I wanted that region's Grass starters to be but when I saw those trees I knew I had to do something with them. Screw the tuataras and the pine martens, dammit, I like hallucinogenic tree cows. Everyone likes hallucinogenic tree cows.

Will start on the other requests soon, hopefully.

Excellent pose of Ankylotohn, very good.
Also, what region/game are you designing the bull tree (excellent idea) and Icauriole for. Just curious and are you making it yourself?

Nothing here is for a game; I don't have the skills/patience to do anything like that on my own, and if it were going to involve all of/only my Pokémon I would rather do it myself. No, they're just for personal little region projects (all of the ones posted so far are from the same region, except for the Tedigrae line which doesn't have a home yet and Unluvd because I hate baby Pokémon and am not going to include any that I feel are unnecessary). I've always liked making up fake generations just for the hell of it. And yes, again, this is something I would much rather do on my own. They're my babies, no one else can touch D:

Linoone: D:

You don't fail! I don't like it when people say looking at someone else's art makes them feel inferior. I don't exactly get a kick out of making people feel bad D:

(okay actually I do but not in a situation like this! D:D:D:)

Anyway thank you but I order you to feel better about your artwork. I like it, if that means anything.

Kratos likes my art.... THE Kratos likes my art..... THE GREAT AND MIGHTY KRATOS AURION LIKES MY ART.

Linoone is immensely flattered. :3

Thanks for the raptor it looks amazing. I can't wait to request again but I won't for awhile. Not only to give others a chance to get some of their stuff done but the one that I think would look amazing I think might be a little difficult and I don't want you to get mad with me. =)

Anyway great job with the raptor.

Twitch: the wolverine. (the little roooocks, they were a pain in the aaaass D:)

AHH OH MY GOD IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL T_T

I love your original fakes (the water bear line 'specially) and would you mind horribly if I fansprited them? Your designs need to be pixelated in a srs way. (I mean, only if I can find the time to do 'em, but they're really nifty so it'd be cool. =D)

Hmm, well. I'd appreciate fansprites, certainly, but I think I'd rather you stayed away from the water bear ones... or, well, at least Tedigrae, anyway, for now. I absolutely abhor Tedigrae's design and keep meaning to redo it. Brugid and Endruin have sort of grown on me as they are, I guess, so I guess I just want to redo those designs instead of redesigning them entirely, but Tedigrae... *shudder* No no no, I'd rather not have a sprite of the currently ugly version, if it's all the same to you.

Urgh moving so slowly but boy am I feeling lazy right now.

Ankylotohn is inked and will be colored soon hopefully I think.

Dragon: Something along these lines? I know the wings are feathered but I really didn't feel like drawing the individual feathers right now.

Blastoise428: Here. Also, does Psunkeen have a tail? It looks like it needs some sort of tail.

I was able to buy a new art kit thing though, so now I have more sexy pens to ink stuff with. :D

^ Be patient like everyone else here. Requests will be Open probably when the Requests are done. And this kind of art takes much longer than sprites or whatever.

So zetta slow, so zetta slow.

...dude I have never even played that game but that is fun to say!

Anyway, Ankylotohn for when White Wolf next has access to an internets and so on and so forth.

I have arrived in NZ and now have a internet for a while but we're going a trip thing around the South Island soon and so won't be on at all.

Anyway, Kratos, I have to say, exceptionally awesome as always. Very well done.

Psunkeen and Valormence, at your service. Not my best work, but I was getting kind of tired of them. Hope you're more satisfied with them than I am. (urgh black/gray is a bitch to shade)

And another one of my own, Ramfere. I'm sure everyone and their dog has created a ram/sheep Flaaffy evolution, but shut up I like mine.

Requests are open again, I guess.

Back
Top Bottom