• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Hi all

Starmie

A short history of Me: long, long (i.e. six years) ago I was extremely active in the online Pokécommunity, particularly the realm of fan fiction, though I dabbled in spriting and competitive battling as well. I was even, at one time, somewhat-friendly acquaintances with Dragonfree herself (though I'll keep my old username to myself, because I was around twelve and kind of obnoxious). Since then, I've become much more involved with Real Life and let my participation in Pretend Life lapse, but found that I miss the general forum camaraderie. So, I'm back.

After reading through some of the threads, I get the feeling I'll fit in decently: I'm a gay, liberal, atheistic Stanford student majoring in Symbolic Systems (computer science with heavy splashes of psychology, logic-based philosophy, and linguistics) with a minor in Creative Writing (my first love). I adore Harry Potter almost as much as Pokemon, and pop music to around the same extent. My other random likes: Jesus Christ Superstar, anything that's creative with its narrative structures (Fight Club, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Cloud Atlas, etc.), swimming/water polo, and sexual/relationship psychology.

Hm. This is pointlessly long, but that's pretty characteristic of me, so I guess that makes it a good introduction. :P Regardless, I'm glad to be here and hope to see you all around.

I believe you'll fit in well. You describe half of the population on TCoD! But welcome! If you like creative writing you should check out the Role-Playing section! Or even become a ref in ASB(Anime Style Battilng) as they get to write descriptions of the attacks! I hope you enjoy your stay! :D

*reads computer science, psychology, philosophy, creative writing and Jesus Christ Superstar love*

I don't know who you are, but you seem pretty awesome! :o I must admit to being rather curious about who you were way back when.

Back
Top Bottom