• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Homework survey!~

turbler

I'm the project "Invention Convention" d'know if you guys have heard of it, but I need some answers for a 4 question survey (multiple choice by the way).

1. How often do you forget due dates on library books?
A. Almost Always
B. Most of the time
C. Sometimes
D. Rarely
E. I don't often borrow books

2. How often do you hand your Library books in late?
A. Almost Always
B. Most of the time
C. Sometimes
D. Rarely
E. I don't often borrow books

3. We (the group I'm in,) have created a product that acts as a book mark and is programmed to go off the day before your book is due, with a renew button, and a choice of how long the loan is going to last (3,5,7,14,and 21 day loans). And also a feature where if you lose the book, you can push a button (which is seperate from the main unit) and the main unit will set off its alarm allowing you to locate your book. It also displays the date the book is due and the current time. Now would you buy this product?
A. Yes
B. No, I don't often borrow books, so I wouldn't really need it
C. No, but for a different reason. Please let me know what the reason is in your post, if you can.

How much would you expect it to cost in a store?
A. $3 - 5
B. $5 - 10
C. $10 - 20
D. $20 - 25
E. $25 - 30
F. >$30

And that's it, thanks in advance to all who answer. And thanks again to all who answered my previous polls that were homework :grin:

Last edited:
I don't borrow books, so I won't have a use for this. Besides, I don't need something else telling me when to return my book; I can remember the due date just fine without it.

E, E, C, F
I don't believe that an alarm would be a good reminder, because in order to be effective, an alarm like that would have to go off when you were around it, and when it wouldn't be a bother to you or those around you. I find that this window of time would, at least for me, be smallish at best, and unpredictable.

However, a bookmark like the one that you've envisioned that merely displays the date on which the book is due, instead of alarming you, might be more appealing.

@ opaltiger: thanks for the results, and now I can add a please explain why!:)
@ Doctor Jimmy: Could you put things in letter form? you can still have words and what not, but if you could, could you keep it in letter form for my sake?
Thanks ~

D, D, C, F.

I wouldn't buy one because I don't need one; I don't often forget when a book is due and I can't think of any occassion where I've lost a book. Also, I typically use things like scraps of paper for bookmarks; anything much larger annoys me.

D, D, B, C.

Don't you think having a renew button would be a bit hard for the libraries to keep track of? From what I was thinking, you could just keep hitting the renew button to keep the book for as long as you want, which means that anyone who's waiting for the book wouldn't be able to get it, which is kinda unfair :\

@ Raichao: Nonono When you renew the book via the library, you use the renew button so the timer knows you renewed it...

E, E, B, F

I don't borrow books anymore, but back when I did (like, 5 years ago or something), I was okay about returning them on time.

Also, I never ever use proper bookmarks. I have Magic: the Gathering cards for that.

Kay Guyss(And Girls too)! The project This survey is a part of is due tuesday! I would Really appricieate if we could at least hit 20 befor ethe project is due (hopefully more though!) Thanks again to all

~ turbler

Back
Top Bottom