• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

D/P/Pt How's my team?

mewtini

sorry guys, don’t lose
Pronoun
she/her
Okay, so this was my Platinum team right before I faced the Elite Four. I have beaten them since, but I wanted to see how it was. I'll show you my current team after this.(I don't have D/P)
Empoleon(I got a girl and it got bred!)Lvl 90
Moves: Flash Cannon, Hydro Pump, Bubblebeam, (Yes, I kept Bubblebeam forever. And I'm proud of it.)Drill Peck
Giratina(Duh! It's genderless!) Lvl 68
Moves: Shadow Force, Fly, Dragon Claw, Ominous Wind (I kept the moveset unchanged. That was a bad desicsion on my part.)
Bred Empoleon (Female, I LOVE EMPOLEON!) Nicknamed Aquamarine Lvl 100(yep, not kidding)
Moves: Hydro Pump, Water Pulse, Swagger, Drill Peck.
Luxray(Male) Lvl 60
Moves: Thunderbolt, Shock Wave, Spark, Swagger
And that is it... Only four of those Pocket Monsters.

Wow. Yes, it is. This is my main team. What's wrong with it? I wanted some C&C, but I for one do not see anything overly wrong with it. Except that I have room for two more.

Competitive battling is totally different from in-game battling. If you leveled up enough, you could probably beat the Elite Four with nothing but a simple Caterpie or Magikarp. Competitive battling is always (or almost always) done with all Pokemon on both sides at Lv. 100 and requires actual strategy.

I don't know if Smogon has any Intro to Competitive Battling articles, but it's the biggest competitive battling site on the Internet, so if you want to see what it's all about you'd do well to look around there awhile.

Ok. Actually, for some reason I always cream my expert cousin (he's much older and has ALL of the games) and his hacked Pokemon. EDIT: Oh my gosh. I went up in rank. I know nothing special happens, but I finally am a Caterpie! YAY ^_^

First of all, most competitive battling doesn't involve multiples of the same pokémon. Secondly, simply having pokémon know nothing but offensive attacks (especially the likes of Bubblebeam) hardly ever beats the strategy of serious competitive battlers. Finally, it's never really encouraged to have more than one type of move on a single pokémon (eg: your Luxray w/ T-Bolt, Shock Wave, and Spark). It really cuts down on the pokémon's type coverage, making it much less valuable in competitive battling.

There's obviously more that real pros could tell you, but from everything that I've ever witnessed in competitive battling, that's a few of the things I could point out.

Oh, I understand. If that's so, then my HG team is good. I'll post it tomorrow.

First of all, most competitive battling doesn't involve multiples of the same pokémon.

not always, you can run multiples- it's just people usually do species clause.

Edit: Also, I don't know if this was mentioned, but most people generally don't use legendaries, either. generally.

not always, you can run multiples- it's just people usually do species clause.

Edit: Also, I don't know if this was mentioned, but most people generally don't use legendaries, either. generally.

oh, no, legendaries are used quite often. it's ubers that don't get used... but just read the tier lists.

Back
Top Bottom