• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

I put the "x" in pixel

Holy snap, Equinoxe, every sprite here is awesome. You should be hired for a commercial sprite team. :)

/me wants to request a Kir-- *HYPER BEAM*

C:

bumpity bump because I'm actually doing something
it isn't finished, but here's a little snippet:
teaser.png

having fun with some HG/SS sprites :U

also I might as well post all the finished icons from the shop thread now that I'm here
ico_sal.png
ico_nin_blu.png
ico_psy.png
ico_won.png
ico_esp.png

ico_kan2.png
ico_tog.png
ico_zap2.png
ico_cha.png

Double post because finished
hires_eusine.png

I took the HG/SS trainer sprite, resized it to 300% and edited it into this.
There was so much scratching involved I'm not even sure if you can say this is a 'sprite edit'.

Eusine's fancy redesign and the remixed theme were one of the few things that stopped me from hating HG/SS completely
don't you just love his cute little obsession CB

MASSIVE BUMP because I don't want to start a new thread, hope no one minds!

I made some sprites (fresh from the oven!)

blom_1.png

Aromild - SWEET SCENT POKÉMON
grass
blom_2.png

Nectang - NECTAR POKÉMON
grass
blom_32.png

Tangaroma - NECTAR POKÉMON
grass/dragon
Grass starter line based on cloudberries !

dunno this is a weird mix of pokemon style and... something.
Comments+crit I guess?

EDIT: edited in names and stuff plus updated last stage

EDIT #2: egyptian god themed fire starters

oru_1.png

Oisera - SOLAR POKÉMON
fire
oru_2.png

Solawk - SOLAR POKÉMON
fire
oru_3.png

Orusol - SUN WORSHIPPING POKÉMON
fire/dragon

EDIT #3: waters starters, partially based on chinese dragons

ruf_1.png

Ruffix - PUPPY POKÉMON
water
ruf_2.png

Ruffickle - BARKING POKÉMON
water
ruf_3.png

Woofresh - HOWLING POKÉMON
water/dragon

whoooooooooosh
oh yeah and I hate Woofresh's front paws, gotta fix 'em somehow

comments?

Last edited:
Those look amazing, I especially like the Fire and Grass starter lines. I agree about the paws, they could be better. I don't like the shading on the left leg, and the second leg is a bit too large, perhaps changing them to the above specifications would improve their design?

I tried editing the shading and stuff but it ended up looking even worse, so I erased the legs completely and made them more like in the older original design (all of these are pretty old, just revamping them).
ruf_32.png

at least I like it better this way P:

EDIT:
oh, and shinies !
blom_1_shiny.png
blom_2_shiny.png
blom_3_shiny.png

oru_1_shiny.png
oru_2_shiny.png
oru_3_shiny.png

ruf_1_shiny.png
ruf_2_shiny.png
ruf_3_shiny.png

Last edited:
Ohmygod these are amazing!

The only problem I have is with the grass starter - isn't the idea that all the grass starters (at least in their basic stage) are green, the water starters blue and the fire starters red/orange? Having a red grass starter seems quite odd somehow. Not that the spriting of it is bad at all, though!

Cyndaquil isn't red. The typing is obvious enough on Aromild anyway.

Very nice! Do you intend to make a full dex?

Yeah, and Aromild's design has always included the orange colour so I'm not too keen on changing it either :B
Plus I kind of want to break out from the grass is green fire is red thing a bit.

@ Kam: yep, if I can keep my inspiration up! I already have like a dexful of fakemon that just need a bit revamping design-wise (they're originally by me and my older sister, so she deserves some credit too) because their current designs (which were made some years ago) are a bit lacking.

The early route bug-type line is coming next, so stay tuned. P:

EDIT: aaaand here it is

mos_1.png

Malarva - LARVA POKÉMON
bug/water
mos_2.png

Malacoon - BLIND LARVA POKÉMON
bug/water
mos_3m.png
mos_3f.png

Bloodaria - BLOOD SUCKING POKÉMON
bug/water (with levitate)
(male on the left, female on the right)

Last edited:
Damn I love these ;A;

Mosquito Pokemon kick ass, though I don't really understand the water typing for the final evo - adult mosquitos don't live in water, and it doesn't really look water typed at all.

Thanksss CB

The water is there mostly because I didn't want the final evo to lose the type because it's a pretty nice combination plus bug/flying is just really meh (wanted to avoid the Surskit -> Masquerain kind of evolution has worse types -syndrome).
I agree that it doesn't really look watery, but damn do I want a useful bug/water :D
Probably for the best that these will never be in a game though, just for our own amusement P:

also, I tried swapping the head and eye colours for Bloodaria because the eyes kind of blended in too much, I think it looks better that way:
mos_3m-1.png
mos_3f-1.png

does it look any better/bearable or worse to you guys?

Okay, but as it still bothers me, I changed the purple into a more violet-ish colour, and I think it looks a tad better than the original:
mos_3m2.png
mos_3f2.png

Thanks P:

Who is this Lydario person
I want to see this aforementioned fakemon :U
but yeah I'm pretty sure I'm not the first one to make a mosquito fakemon :D we just have so much of them here during the summer I just had to (mosquitoes, not mosquito fakemon)

Oh. P:
I checked out his things, they were pretty cool if not a tad too weird for my tastes (look who's talking, derp).

Anyway, it's time for the early-route mammal thing. No rodents this time because no one wants more patrats or bidoofs (no offense to those who happen to like them :U)
tail_1.png

Tailop - TAIL POKÉMON
normal
tail_2.png

Bountail - LONG TAIL POKÉMON
normal

I have no idea what's going on with the shading :U

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom