• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Idea Center

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd totally join that Flora. As for my RP...

Roleplay Name: Magnate Apocalyspe
Roleplay Genre: Fantasy

Setting: A post-apocalyptic world where all signs of life have been eliminated by the Daeva, who are controlled by Daeva magnates. Pretty much the Earth is now a barren wasteland. It is almost always very dark, because in humanity's final fight against the daeva, they sent out a massive nuclear blast that sent layers of dust into the atmosphere, blocking out the sun in almost all places. Spots of sunlight are rare occurrences.

Plot: You are a group of humans who have survived the attack of the Daeva by using the poison of the sea urchin's quill to simulate death. The Daeva saw you as corpses and quickly passed over you to find other prey. Now you have awakened from your simulated death to an apocalyptic world. Realizing that you have no way to find food, water, shelter, or defense, you each join one Daeva Magnate, and become a Daeva. Now you must do your Master's bidding.

Additional Rules: Just in general, be a good RPer. If you are new to RPing, at least try to keep your spelling and grammar in check, or come to another member of the RP for help.

Name:

Personality: {May be PO}

Magnate Affiliate: {Which Daeva Magnate you have joined. There are 6 and they are as follows: Tehroth, Magnate Insectae (Insect Magnate), Bhethtan, Magnate Lupus (Wolf Magnate), Draeth, Magnate Verminus (Rat Magnate), Okhai, Magnate Tarragon (Dragon Magnate), Lohk, Magnate Anglus (Fish Magnate), Xask, Magnate Umbrus (Shadow Magnate).

Appearance: {Must have something to do with your Magnate afilliate. i.e. An affiliate of Tehroth must look something like some kind of insect. Maybe have insect like wings, or pincers, or even a scorpion's tail. This can be taken as far as you want to.}

History: {What your life was like before the Daeva attacked.}

Weapon: {Your weapon can be manufactured by your Magnate, or a natural weapon attached to your body. i.e. Steel dagger, or claws.

I guess that's about it. See everyone there!

So would i... If i could defy physics and be a male froslass xD

Hmm... Froslass are based on yuki-onna, a female ice spirit in Japanese mythology.

In the manga/anime Rosario + Vampire there are, in fact, male yuki-onna. (that feels weird to say, yuki meaning snow and onna meaning woman...)

Using transitive property... (or something like that)

There must be male Froslass somewhere.

OK enough of that. I could use a good Pokemon RP again, so sure, why not, Flora?

I've gotten this very vague idea for an RP. I still would have to do a lot of developing for it (so that 1, people are actually interested in doing it, [see my previous RP] and I'd also need to do a bit more of a thorough plot idea as well, so that I could go through with it, unlike every other RP I've started.)

It's about four dimensions that, together, comprise reality. Each dimension is unaware of the existence of the others, and each dimension was once upon a time, separated, and each had many unique and interesting qualities. Recently, the dimensions have begun to see new things, such as planets that have appeared out of seemingly nowhere, and substances are disappearing and appearing from each dimensions. Soon, each dimension learns of the others' existence, and eventually they learn of an inhabitant's plot to destroy reality, and rebuild it, as to become a deity. Thus, people from across time in each dimension band together to attempt to stop this scheme.

If this interests anyone, or if anyone wants to help me out with this, please let me know. The way it is right now, and the fact that I alone have to put together the plot and such, I don't see this existing for quite sometime. With someone else helping it would be immensely easier.

It's about four dimensions that, together, comprise reality. Each dimension is unaware of the existence of the others, and each dimension was once upon a time, separated, and each had many unique and interesting qualities. Recently, the dimensions have begun to see new things, such as planets that have appeared out of seemingly nowhere, and substances are disappearing and appearing from each dimensions. Soon, each dimension learns of the others' existence, and eventually they learn of an inhabitant's plot to destroy reality, and rebuild it, as to become a deity. Thus, people from across time in each dimension band together to attempt to stop this scheme.

Interesting though this sounds, and potential though it may have, it seems an awful lot like the plot of MtG's Shards of Alara.

@ everyone who likes the idea: Whoawhoawhoa I didn't even show the actual plot yet. (Hah, the entire first paragraph is a rambling about the PC system XP)

It’s common knowledge that each region has its own way of preventing theft of Pokémon kept under the PC system: Johto has each user put in a validation code so that Pokémon cannot be stolen, Kanto has a fingerprint identification system, Sinnoh uses a special seal on a Pokémon’s Pokéball to identify them, and Hoenn…well, Hoenn doesn’t seem to have any special features at all. With these restrictions in place, it would make sense that the regions would need some sort of transfer system in place. And, of course, there was.

In each region, there was a designated place in which one could transfer their beloved Pokémon from one system to another; Kanto’s One Island, Johto’s Goldenrod City, Hoenn’s Battle Frontier, and Sinnoh’s Jubilife City. When a trainer, say, went from Johto to Hoenn, the trainer simply took a ship to the Battle Frontier, filled out a simple Hoenn League Registration Form, and their Pokémon were free to use!

At least, they were most of the time. Since the beginning of the system, occasionally it will glitch up, sending most, if not all, of the meant-to-be-transferred Pokémon into an entirely different region, free of humans and their strange devices. The first Pokémon to be transported there were horribly distraught, and named the region Aijou, due to their extreme sadness in having been separated from their trainers.

Since then, many Pokémon have come and gone from Aijou, coming through the systematic glitches into the regions, and some accidentally finding their way out through strange portals. Over time, a good deal of Pokémon have found that they like this region, and want to stay. Of course, there is a small group that wants to get back to their trainers – at any cost.

Perhaps you are one of these Pokémon. Are you prepared for what must be the roughest journey of your life?

I do need a title, though, if i make it.

I would be interested in that, Flora. Though I don't really know what a title could be... something with the word 'Glitch' in it, though would seem appropriate.

I was thinking something with PMD in it, but all I can think of is PMD: Escape from Aijou. Which kinda sucks, honestly.

Hmm... that might work, and I also thought of 'The Aijou Glitch'. It's your RP, though, you pick the name.

I'd join Flora's, if there were the option of a side who wants the ones who try to leave to stay, and decide to make them stay by any means necessary.

Or something about how the group who wants to leave also try to destroy Aijou, and another side who wants the destruction to stop.

@ Exo: I could probly put in another side or somethin'.

The idea about those who try to leave trying to destroy Aijou as well...that was something like the video-game-style twist; if they force their way out, it's gonna destroy the region, which is something like a hologram or a simulation. I think I should add that.

I'll throw some ideas out...

The Aijou War? The Battle of Aijou? The Defective Region? Glitched Vacation?

You know, I think I'll stick with The Aijou Glitch. Though the other ideas were good as well. (I don't know why, but The Theoretical Space makes me giggle XP)

Thread shall be up in a few minutes.

I (still) want to remake Dreams of the Past, but since the remake never even got into the air... Yeah. I will consign it to oblivion. :P

I (still) want to remake Dreams of the Past, but since the remake never even got into the air... Yeah. I will consign it to oblivion. :P

That's still too bad. That RP was one of my favorites. I really enjoyed all the character development in it. 'Specially with the ruthless Dusknoir.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom