• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

In which time period would you live in?

CJBlazer

Where have I been at?
If you had the power of time travel, which time period would you live in? Would you live in the time of the Ninja and Samurai, or perhaps the dinosaur era? Maybe the Ancient Roman times, perhaps. You could go anywhere, even into mythologic time.

For me, I would love to live in the time of the Ninjas and Samurai, where I could be raised up to become a deadly warrior and masterful fighter. I might even become a Roman General back in the Roman era.

What is the time period of Ninjas and Samurais?

I would live in this time period, or the future. I think past time periods sucked; no internet, man.

I would not want to live in the time period of samurai, as social classes were frozen during the Tokugawa shogunate and if you weren't a samurai, your life often sort of sucked. And directly before that was the Warring States period which would probably ensure I died quite early. And if you can't decide what social class you live in in the past, it's rather unlikely most of us would be nobles. [/currentlytakingEastAsianhistory]

Uh... future, probably. Or if it was past, it'd be past with some form of right to own property for women. Egyptian civilization was pretty cool.

my first thought was to say the 1950s/60s/70s/80s
then I thought no wait america in the latter half of the 19th century

then i decided to say the future where hopefully people are far less stupid and have actual equal rights because me being as i am right now even 20 year ago is likely to get me killed.

If there's a period in the future where they've cured death and the internet still exists, that one.

Hmm, well, first I'd go back in time and change a few things here and there so that the future would be better. Then I'd live in that future, and visit some nice times now and then.

I would live in the time of Greeks. I wouldn't mind having a chat with Socrates and Plato.

The present. The past sucked and only seems pleasant because of the way we romanticise it. (Wouldn't mind the future, though.)

I'd stay in the present, thank you very much.

This article does the talking on that issue.

And for that matter, even neverminding all of that, I would still rather not unless I could check whether the future is any better than the present -- the past certainly isn't, as just about every single poster in this thread seems to know.

I'd live in Liverpool in the 1960's for reasons that should be obvious for people with similar tastes in music to me. Then I'd come back to the present so I won't have to live without internet and Hetalia.

What I'd really like to do is travel to The Doctor's universe, become his partner, and live with concerts to my favorite bands AND internet. :D

Easy. I probably woundn't stay put. I would go to the Greeks in the past (basically same reason as ILS), and then go to the future when a) I'm about to be killed, or b) When I'm feeling technology-deprived.

I wouldn't be so eager to live in a world where death doesn't exist anymore -- either that world has severe overpopulation problems or, you know, special measures.

I wouldn't be so eager to live in a world where death doesn't exist anymore -- either that world has severe overpopulation problems or, you know, special measures.

You have a time machine so you can easily make yourself emperor of the universe and avoid all of these special measures.

Plus, if you couldn't die you wouldn't be able to escape unfriendly relatives.

Well, any society that can cure old age could easily make a contraceptive, right? No children = no overpopulation! Plus, there's always the stars! *sparkles*

Back
Top Bottom