• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Is Cannibalism That Wrong?

what is unnatural, then?

Apparently:

In medicine, death by natural causes is a loosely-defined term used by coroners describing death when the cause of death was a naturally occurring disease process, or is not apparent given medical history or circumstances. Thus, deaths caused by active human intervention (as opposed to the failure of medical intervention to prevent death) are excluded from this definition, and are described as unnatural deaths.

...I didn't know that.

If someone is fine with their remains being eaten, then I don't see too much of a problem with it. I wouldn't do it, but uh.

I wouldn't mind. I won't need my body anymore, why not let it feed someone else? :D

Uh I guess I'm coming in late in this discussion.

I'd have to say, after watching a certain musical, I've been wanting to try human flesh. I don't find anything wrong with it, unless the person gets killed only so someone could eat them (then again, that musical >.>)

And eating babies? I hope the world doesn't have to come to a situation like that. Babies are too innocent to be eaten.

And on another topic. What if a person eats them self?

Hee hee. Musical = yay.

Self-cannibalism? O.o Owie. I can see that, if someone was somewhere where they were the only thing to eat.

If we were wild animals, perhaps.

I mean, I've read His Dark Materials and yeah, cannibalism doesn't actually seem that bad when you think about it. YOU MUST NOT EAT ANOTHER MEMBER OF YOUR SPECIES - it's kind of only taboo because it's just... rather gross in today's modern civilised world. But if we were wild animals? I don't see why there would be a problem with it. I probably seem really disgusting now. |D

Unless there's some kind of weird mutation that occurs or something. I never understood why incest was wrong until I got told if you have a baby with your brother or something your baby will be disfigured? Something like that... XDD

Apparently, from plane crash survivors that had to eat the ones that didn't survive and others that had to resort to cannibalism, human meat is really good, especially the forearm.

I never understood why incest was wrong until I got told if you have a baby with your brother or something your baby will be disfigured? Something like that... XDD

as far as I know this isn't actually true (at least, not past the point where you need diversity in the gene pool); there is a valid reason though. Since detrimental genes (the ones behind all the various genetic disorders) are almost always recessive, if you have kids with a relative (especially a close relative) the odds of the kid getting said gene from both parents is higher.

Apparently, from plane crash survivors that had to eat the ones that didn't survive and others that had to resort to cannibalism, human meat is really good, especially the forearm.

Uh, I don't think so. Mostly because a) When you're starving to the point of death, I'm sure anything would taste good, and b) People eat animals young. Why? Because the older an animal gets, the less good it'll taste. I'm sure that 35-year old human would be positively revolting from a flavour/texture point of view.

Uh, I don't think so. Mostly because a) When you're starving to the point of death, I'm sure anything would taste good, and b) People eat animals young. Why? Because the older an animal gets, the less good it'll taste. I'm sure that 35-year old human would be positively revolting from a flavour/texture point of view.

Not to mention all the crap humans tend to put onto/into themselves, that wild animals don't.

Hmm, to tell you the truth. I wouldn't actually mind the idea. I'm actually rather curious as to what human meat tastes like. But I guess due to the ethics of it all I doubt I'll get the chance. Well, there's always Hufu I guess...

Anyhow, if it was offered, I would probably take it. I wouldn't deliberately go out and kill someone just to eat them though. I guess it stems from a lack of empathy though, no matter what the circumstances I don't think I'd be able to eat a friend or a family member or maybe even someone I just knew.

I have to admit, I rather like the idea in things like fiction and such. Now that I think about it, given the chance in real life I'd actually probably be torn between yes and no but that would most likely be the fact that I'm deathly afraid of pretty much anything for no reason.

I guess in short, I don't know really. But it isn't entirely unappealing.

Tags said:
Cannibalism, sweeny todd
It's Sweeney you stupid fuck.

Also yeah cannibalism is pretty gross and I don't like the idea of having to eat another person but if it was served up in a way that it didn't look like I was eating little Suzie's leg I'd probably agree to eat it if I was starving to death and all the little animals and tree roots and stuff had already been consumed.

I would not eat it if my life depended on it. (I might nibble myself a little but that's diffrent)

If I was offered... Well, I don't wanna offend a cannibal :P

And I would feel awful for doing so. I would eat dropping before I would eat a human.

Cause its that much better. Instead of eating Jodie lets eat her crap. What if she had already eaten someone? And isn't that killing you even faster?

Wikipedia said:
Meiwes posted an advertisement on the Internet, looking for a willing victim. The post stated that he was "looking for a well-built 18 to 30-year-old to be slaughtered and then consumed".[6] Bernd Jürgen Brandes responded to the advertisement. Bernd Jürgen Brandes was known for his interest in crossdressing. Many other people responded to the advertisement, but many backed out and none were forced to do anything they didn't want to do by Meiwes.

As is known from a videotape the two made when they met on December 25th 2001 in Meiwes' home, Meiwes amputated Brandes' penis and the two men attempted to eat the penis together before Brandes was killed. Brandes had insisted that Meiwes attempt to bite his penis off. This did not work, so Meiwes used a knife. Brandes apparently tried to eat some of his own penis raw, but could not because it was too tough and, as he put it, "chewy". Meiwes then sautéed the penis in a pan with salt, pepper, and garlic, but by then it was too burned to be consumed.[3] According to journalists who saw the video (which has not been made public), Brandes may already have been too weakened from blood loss to actually eat any of his penis. Meiwes read a Star Trek book for three hours whilst his victim was bleeding to death in the bath. Meiwes apparently gave him large quantities of alcohol and pain killers, 30 sleeping pills and a bottle of schnapps, finally, he kissed him once and killed him in a room that he had built in his house for this purpose, The Slaughter Room. After stabbing Brandes to death in the throat, he hung the body on a meathook and tore hunks of flesh from it; he even tried to grind the bones to use as flour. The whole scene was recorded on the two-hour video tape. Meiwes ate the body over the next 10 months, storing body parts in his freezer under pizza boxes and consuming up to 20 kg of the flesh.
No, just no.

But hey I would rather die than eat someone else. Err, also is it a situation where everything plant related is gone? Because I know how to cook a few leaves.

Hmm, to tell you the truth. I wouldn't actually mind the idea.

Yay, someone who isn't jumping in disgust!

Err, also is it a situation where everything plant related is gone? Because I know how to cook a few leaves.

Yes, something like that. Or you're in a place where you have no idea what anything is, and you'd rather not risk eating something poison. Or something.

I've heard that human meat is rather addicting, but then, I have no first-hand account of that. XP

Yay, someone who isn't jumping in disgust!

Jumping in disgust wasn't my first reaction, I've thought about cannibalism before and researched as much as I could and from that I made my self feel sick at the very thought lmao. :B

I've tried to do cannibalism reports for school, and my teachers wouldn't let me. :( Haha.

I dunno, when I first thought of human eating human, I didn't see what was wrong with it, as long as that second human was not murdered. I, however, also see nothing wrong with incest, sodomy and jumping into a pool of goo, as long as all parties are consenting. :)

Back
Top Bottom