• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

January 8?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyeugh

onion witch
Pronoun
she/her
What do you guys think will be announced? Personally, I foresee RSE remakes, but what do you guys think it will be?

RSE remakes are probably most likely. Nintendo probably wouldn't generate this much suspense for a run-of-the-mill event.

vaukd.png

For anyone who wants to know what we're talking about.

More info on the new Mystery Dungeon games?
That's possible, but Edoc'sil is right- it's confirmed that the game is going to be released, so they're probably not going to jump out and go, "surprise!" so that they can tell us a little more about something that already exists. I think it's something new, rather than an addition to something that's not.

Yeah, MD4 is kind of. Already out in Japan.

While I'm really eager for RSE remakes, I'm thinking it's gen 6. The 3DS has been out for two years -- classic Pokémon is overdue on a Nintendo handheld. I'm willing to wait for gen 6 if it means that RSE remakes happen on 3DS.

While I'm really eager for RSE remakes, I'm thinking it's gen 6. The 3DS has been out for two years -- classic Pokémon is overdue on a Nintendo handheld. I'm willing to wait for gen 6 if it means that RSE remakes happen on 3DS.
Generation 6 already? I mean, Black 2 just came out. In addition, I'm nearly positive that it would be announced in Japan reasonably prior to the US or wherever you guys live. Well, maybe they could just be announcing that there will indeed be one. Hm.

plat came out march 2009, hgss came out spring 2010, bw1 came out spring 2011 in america. besides announcement != releasing so don't forget it could still be several months before gen 6 comes out. hgss in america was spring 2010 while bw1 in japan was fall 2010.

I'm sorry, I just found that out myself lol.

plat came out march 2009, hgss came out spring 2010, bw1 came out spring 2011 in america. besides announcement != releasing so don't forget it could still be several months before gen 6 comes out. hgss in america was spring 2010 while bw1 in japan was fall 2010.
I don't understand what you're getting at.

I don't understand what you're getting at.

... that there isn't actually usually that much of a gap? There really isn't!

And uh, this would be an announcement about a distant Japanese gen 6, not a US release date. That'd indeed be pretty weird. The odd thing is that this is specifically about the US site, but they could be doing something differently this time. Involving the rest of the world in the very initial stuff might be fun for a change.

I don't really have any predictions for this reason. I can't remember previous gen announcements very well, but the first thing we heard definitely wasn't anything but Japanese-only news, right? It seems pretty weird that pokemon.com would be the first place we'd hear it.

Oh. Okay.

I would think it's RSE because it seems a little odd to me that Game Freak decided to shake it up a little and announce it internationally. I don't think it's that big, although it might be. Who knows.

... that there isn't actually usually that much of a gap? There really isn't!

And uh, this would be an announcement about a distant Japanese gen 6, not a US release date. That'd indeed be pretty weird. The odd thing is that this is specifically about the US site, but they could be doing something differently this time. Involving the rest of the world in the very initial stuff might be fun for a change.

I don't really have any predictions for this reason. I can't remember previous gen announcements very well, but the first thing we heard definitely wasn't anything but Japanese-only news, right? It seems pretty weird that pokemon.com would be the first place we'd hear it.

If I'm not mistaken, BW were announced in Japan and the states at (roughly?) the same time.

Wasn't it at first just silhouettes and things in Coro/Sunday, though? This feels so much more direct than usual.

Okay, wait. Remember, this surprise thing was announced in Japan about a week prior to the one that was announced in America a few days back. While they end on the same day, they were announced on different days.

Now, for my speculation, I'd think this would either be a RSE remake, gen six, Pokemon Yellow remake (eh, why not?), an Emerald remake, or just a new Pokemon.

I don't think they'd remake Yellow. Or Crystal, Emerald, or any other third game. It'd be a remake of a remake, wouldn't it? But who knows, maybe.

This isn't the way they announced Gen 5 or Gen 4 though, as far as I remember. In both cases they said that they were going to introduce new Pokemon and showed the silhouette of Lucario/Zorua and Zoroark.

I'm hoping for English release of MD4. It would be odd if RSE remakes were announced in the states first. EDIT: Okay, Japan announced a surprise on Tuesday first. RSE remakes are a possibility then. I hope so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom