• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

knives alley hydra mafia

suppose for a second that they are actually just one slot and that the dual-alignment theory isn’t actually real. then what
also idr exactly who voiced this read, but i thought that alma was mostly a consensus villager read (with only skylar and i quietly dissenting). so i’m kind of confused about why this is the test shot direction
- m

maybe it was just qz/feh/lolfoxes who said that actually, so not the people inthread now. don’t feel like checking lol
- m

why r we operating on the assumption that we know the hydra is split like that

it would be really funny if we got to EoD and the vote still stayed like this and rari was like “invalid leading candidate. no one dies”
- m

i feel like we’re 100% looking at the wrong things here and it’s beginning to feel wolf-driven to me. we’re talking about spending a vote on this random idea someone literally just invented and we’re no closer to finding scum for it. understanding the setup is good and fine but i struggle to see how this is the most productive outlet for us right now. i’m much more interested in hearing everyone’s reads; certainly there’s enough content now to form some opinions
-q

nobody's come forward with any sort of night actions so we most certainly don't have that to work on and again i really dislike the "hmmm this obvious joke is pretty wolfy, gonna hafta vibe check you"

my PM -- and not necessarily all of y'alls, as has been stated -- says that a town win requires that all mafia players be dead
FWIW, my and VM's PM says the same thing, although not with that phrasing!

-qenya
depending on how slight the difference is, do note that I'm not directly quoting the PM

that said, I do think one of the likeliest implementations for this kind of thing would be players receiving new powers, and possibly new alignments, if their fellow hydrahead dies. in fact, I have to wonder if there's no mafia from the start of game, and we pretty much create the mafia by wrongfully lynching people... that'd be a sick ass twist, even if it'd require some amount of tinkering to disasterproof it.
yeah, admittedly this is probably just a huge disparity in outlook; it seems weird to me, even in a bastard game, to like ... conjure possible ways that a setup COULD be bastard and act upon that (e.g. voting) in ways directly counterintuitive to normal play (as opposed to playing normally, observing something weird happening, and then adjusting accordingly). the first pathway feels premature imho.

i mean, mech discussion is on balance better than not, and i’m fine talking these possibilities out — though i also find that distinct from tossing out a vote based on said possibilities. we kind of plan (weird shit pending) on hunting for wolves and specifically trying to sort things out for today’s EoD. we also aren’t really thinking much, if anything, of the role pm flavor for now ... in all likelihood they’re written that way because each slot *is* made up of two people.

- m
I'll grant that D1 is possibly too early actually fish out the bastardry, but I'm not with you on this idea that you succeed at a bastard game by ignoring the fact that it's a bastard game until it deigns to bite you in the ass. this is a line of inquiry that directly stems from the premise of the game; I think odds are good that, if something's going to explode, it's going to be in this neighborhood

I think everyone's equally on board with the idea that investigating the outcome of single-player voting is not mutually exclusive with solving; I'm there with you guys, I just also think that solving is not going to be the foremost priority of the two things if we don't do anything better on that front than pulling reads entirely out of thin air, which is not in my opinion the super helpful exercise people seem to think it is lately

- was talking to mf while catching up with the thread and mentioned that i wanted to test voting out one member of a hydra bc the raripost encouraging fucking around and finding out, and she was like "oh you got to that part where i said that?" and i said no, didnt even see that yet. So we're of the same mind on that bit.
this is also what inspired me to put up our current sig incidentally

i gotta stop saying tbh goddamnit rari you've poisoned me
jesus, rari, you're poison vig again??

also, I meant to say this before kyeugh started pressing for reads, but one thing I do have in mind is that RSP are sounding about as towny as they'll ever sound any sort of alignment-indicative, and have been even before EoD

if everyone's like uwu i dunno who to kiww then we ain't gonna get any info, why not blast someone who isn't seriously playing
i feel like the optimal solution is not to throw up our hands hours before eod and shoot someone at random, but rather to try our best to get out of the “uwu i dunno who to kiww” zone ie play the game

I think everyone's equally on board with the idea that investigating the outcome of single-player voting is not mutually exclusive with solving; I'm there with you guys, I just also think that solving is not going to be the foremost priority of the two things if we don't do anything better on that front than pulling reads entirely out of thin air, which is not in my opinion the super helpful exercise people seem to think it is lately
i’d be interested to hear how this is not also literally pulling things out of thing air
-q

I'm not with you on this idea that you succeed at a bastard game by ignoring the fact that it's a bastard game until it deigns to bite you in the ass
that isn’t really what i’m saying tbh
simplified it’s more like
ok you guys can test this idea if you want i guess. but can we also do the solving work before that

there are ways to get out of the “idk whats going on” phase, from my pov this conversation is stalling that process
- m

Back
Top Bottom