• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

knives alley hydra mafia

huh
i was theorizing that roleblocker was probably town based on the jack kill; i think killing jack is a little odd if mafia have a rb, given that his Big Contribution was from his (blockable) role. i guess he was the most strongly confirmed v...?
it seems like no matter what you are an odd target for the roleblocker. was it you specifically herbe or was it your whole hydra
-q

it was a four person cake, so it was the old roleblocker hydra and both of me and mf. she was sleeping in bed next to me and made my ass go get the door to welcome them in

i'm convinced the mafia would not allow a claimed/confirmed vigilante to continue living unless there was something about them that was special

such as their hydra partner being one of the mafia's own
one possible reason is that so far the vig has done nothing except i guess as of last night kill a townie
-q
fine then i guess i'll just shoot every night next game huh

i think every other hydra here has been caked innit

actually if so then that throws more sus on stryke because he and i were only blocked on the no kill night where nothing coulda happened anyways

okay looking back on the gamestate i'm just going to put a gentle/tentative vote on stryke
i agree about owls, i really think bruhs are town, and mf is just not a suspect to me - for flavor reasons and otherwise, cause i have been paying attention to the possibility. so a stryke vote feels like gamesolve

i'm convinced the mafia would not allow a claimed/confirmed vigilante to continue living unless there was something about them that was special

such as their hydra partner being one of the mafia's own
one possible reason is that so far the vig has done nothing except i guess as of last night kill a townie
-q
fine then i guess i'll just shoot every night next game huh
i'm just saying i don't think that really implicates stryke—the mafia don't really have any reason to kill you. all things considered i'm not actually closed to the idea that he's scum and am not protesting your vote, but i don't think that the fact that you're alive is particularly strong evidence

i will say that, if anything, i do feel that it would be kind of a lot for a member of the mafia to have access to an additional nightly kill power, and based on what you've said it does seem like he has access to it and has just forgone it. i don't... really know what to make of that, i'm hesitant to make any conclusions about his alignment from setup spec like that, but it is A Thought

where i'm at rn is keith v, herbe v, sande probably v? eph kind of null, slight v by association with sande. mf is in the bad zone, i guess stryke kind of is too but idrk why
-q

do you wanna give me your rundown on why she's in the bad zone? would appreciate the additional perspective
my brain is basically leaking out of my ears about this game right now, so i'm not sure i can give you anything satisfying. it's very much process of elimination at this point, just vibes/the fact that i don't really have anything working +v for her atm. i think most of her posting so far could be explained by tmi/conscientious spectacle. interactions with qenya could have conceivably been distancing. in general, unlike for most people, i don't see any particularly strong reason to believe she isn't mafia aside from your word (and i am very, very wary of her ability to pocket you)
-q

anyway i remain wildly suspicious of bruh moment emotionally BUT i don't think theyre actually mafia bc the interactions they had with qenya yesterday don't make that much sense if they were all mafia together - if that was theater then it was very awkwardly and weirdly done but maybe that's how theater works but i'm trying to be aware of my paranoia - so that does leave the Despicable Meme or stryke.

anyway it's nice having confirmation that my paranoid theory was correct. relatedly i felt good abt despicable meme d1 bc they came up with a similar theory to the one i had, and i don't think that mafia who knew that their partners could be made aware of that possibility would want that to be public. i feel sliiiightly better about herbe than mf bc i feel like herbe was more upfront with information and also because i am trying not to be paranoid about skylar's opinions and evaluate them for what they are instead of going "skylar is pushing back on everything anyone is saying and that makes her mafia" (but i guess that could also mean that shes being very villagery bc i don't know how powerwolfy mafia!skylar is????)

i have no thoughts aside from this i spent most of today wanting to nap. -- sande

i am trying not to be paranoid about skylar's opinions and evaluate them for what they are instead of going "skylar is pushing back on everything anyone is saying and that makes her mafia" (but i guess that could also mean that shes being very villagery bc i don't know how powerwolfy mafia!skylar is????)
i ended up being wrong about the single-headed stuff! but, it was not about pushing back on everything everyone was saying so much as pushing back against basing votes on unsubstantiated theories, as (to me) they were very much unsubstantiated at the time. even for you, who had some hard evidence of single-headed actions existing, the theory of single-headed mafiosi depended on a lot of assumptions. i realize how it looks, but from my perspective, seeing someone go "what if we're not actually fully hydras?" when my role card strongly suggested otherwise, then seeing multiple others converge on that world and start casting votes on it was really jarring. i think it would have been a little weirder if i'd just gone along with it, don't you? also putting that aside, i really wanted to believe this was a true hydra game and not a normal game in disguise, heh.
-q

that makes sense! i'm mostly trying to stay aware of how my Lingering Paranoia is going to affect my actions dhsjkdngdf

Back
Top Bottom