• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

knives alley hydra mafia

COPYCAT
you are a young couple who moved together into the cheapest apartment you could find. the night is dangerous and full of mysteries, but you don’t mind it at all as long as you have each other. life is an adventure, and what fun is there in living if it isn’t with a little adrenaline?

every night, you choose a house to spy on in the hopes of learning their dwellers’ habits. after the night is over, you set out to live their life for a day or night, depending on the activity. if their life is boring, you might as well choose to not imitate.

in other words, you are a couple of town copycats. town wins when all mafia-aligned players are dead.

ATTORNEY
Vipera Magnifica is an emerging attorney-at-law who divides an apartment with qenya, his roommate since freshman year. he was just admitted into the bar and is eager to take on cases, so much so that he is willing to take one case pro bono to kickstart his career.

one time during the course of the game, Vipera Magnifica can act upon the face of injustice and represent a victim of undue targetting. by posting in bold i shall legally defend <client> in the thread, all votes cast in that day against the chosen client will be declared void. choose wisely.

in other words, Vipera Magnifica is a town attorney. town wins when all mafia-aligned players are dead.

you are an average couple living an average life. M&F has an office job and spends all of her free time drinking beer in front of the television. Herbe does all the housework. money is tight, but bearable. it’s been years since you not-so-secretly don’t love each other anymore, but you’re deep in denial and would be aghast at the mere mention of divorce.

you are aligned with the town. town wins when all mafia-aligned players are dead.

DM SLIDER
you live with your wife of many years. everybody thinks that you are a steady couple, but in reality, the wife you fell in love with fifteen years ago has devolved into a pitiful slog. recently, you’ve created an anonymous instagram account to flirt with hot acquaintances after your wife falls asleep. you don’t plan on acting on anything and rationalize it as just having a little fun, but who knows what could happen…

every night, you choose someone to slide into the DMs. for this purpose, you must use a separate anonymous account. revealing yourself is optional.

the anonymous account’s login email address is [REDACTED] and the password is [REDACTED]. you are allowed to change the account’s username, avatar, bio, usertitle and signature at your own free will.

you must include me in all private communications you open. you may only communicate during the night. if your target does not respond in the first 24 hours, you may choose another target.

in technical terms, you are a town limited anonymous neighbourizer. you win when all mafia-aligned players are dead.

ROLEBLOCKER
you are a lovely old couple who has just commemorated their 60th anniversary. you have a good relationship with pretty much everybody in the street and sometimes you decide to give somebody a treat. unfortunately, as every good octogenarian, you never phone before visiting.

every night, you may choose to treat somebody to a lovely night of tea, cake and much chatting. during that night, your target won’t be able to do anything else.

in other words, you are a couple of town roleblockers. you win when all mafia-aligned players are dead.

your targets will know that they were roleblocked, but they won’t know your identity.

VIGILANTE
you are a young couple who’s alone in the world. as dropouts, you would be doomed to work to exhaustion and earn minimum pay for all of the foreseeable future. that’s why you often take some… side jobs. which is also why RedneckPhoenix owns a pistol. and he knows trouble is afoot in the street… and, despite the shadiness, he does not want to see his community at harm. that’s why, when night falls, he takes matters in his own hands.

every night, RedneckPhoenix may choose a target to kill.

in other words, he is a town vigilante. town wins when all mafia-aligned players are dead… no matter at what cost.

DOCTOR
Zori is an experienced physician. She lives with her wife, Mistyx, an accountant. Zori has lived in this street since her childhood, and as such, she nurtures a special caring towards the local community. that’s why, after coming home from an extenuating day at the hospital, she takes a shower, dines with her wife and then sets to the street to treat those in need.

every night, Zori may choose a target to heal. they will be guaranteed to survive the night.

in other words, she is a town doctor. town wins when all mafia-aligned players are dead.

MOTION DETECTOR
you are a loving couple who fell in love in high school and are now happily married. you are surer than anything that your love will be everlasting… until death does you part. you do all sorts of things together… but one of your favourite pastimes is to gather near the mounted binoculars you have set by the window and spy on the neighbourhood. i mean, “spy” as well as your binoculars allow. all you can see is people coming in and out of doors.

every night you may choose a target to watch from the binoculars. you will learn who entered or left their house during the night.

in other words, you are a couple of town watchers and custom motion detectors. you win when all mafia-aligned players are dead.

MAFIOSO
the vigilante’s boyfriend
you did not want to do this. but what choice is left when you lost your job and you don’t have what it takes to look your sweetheart in the eyes and let him know that you failed, and that because of you you both will be in the streets, homeless, in a matter of weeks? rent is already overdue and you can’t find another job… so you turn into crime. who are you to blame. if he knew, he would lose his mind. he would never admit any harm to the community he protects at the risk of his own life… who even knows if he wouldn’t kill you.

you’re spiraling. life is meaningless when you can’t trust even the person you love the most. life is disgusting when you knowingly endanger your loved one by association purely for survival. you would do anything to save him from the gallows if shit hit the fan. you just don’t care anymore.

you are a mafia clown. if you and your boyfriend are set to be lynched at the end of the day, you will take the last voter down with you. your boyfriend will survive. your goal is to kill all town-aligned players but your boyfriend, RedneckPhoenix.

you are in an antialigned hydra. do not reveal your alignment to your partner.

godspeed.

MAFIOSO
the attorney’s roommate
you’ve just graduated law school but are yet to be accepted by the bar. you’re generally seen as a reserved, friendly person… which is great. because noöne should know the ties you hide. you didn’t choose criminal law by chance or taste. for now you can’t do much to help your associates other than by hopefully manipulating your roommate, though.

you are a vanilla mafioso. you win when all town players are dead.

you are in an antialigned hydra. do not reveal your alignment to your partner.
firstly i want to thank everybody for playing and/or cheering on! this was really fun to run and i definitely plan on running more games in the future, hopefully with a better execution than this one lmao

all in all i think i’m satisfied with how this game turned out and i believe it lived up to “not bastard but you’ll call me worse names”

Now that this has Started I would like to ask some hydra questions! ^^ Basically uhhhh how does it work LOL

Do you have to use the honour system to not just look at each others' PMs?

If an action targets the hydra, does it target the Entire hydra? (e.g. heals, inspections, kills, jails)

If one half of your hydra is a different alignment, do you have to yeet yourself? 😲
credit where credit is due, this post from acnh mafia is what inspired me to make knives alley. the details of the setup were planned around october and november, around when i opened tucker’s account. originally the setup was going to have three mafiosi, but i decided to shrink to two when i realized that they could possibly control almost half of the voting power on d1. the third mafia member would be, in that case, mist’s slot — which is why she was described as an accountant in the rolecard and was de jure vanilla town. in hindsight this was probably not a good idea given that the game ended pretty quickly, however it might have ended quite differently hadn’t qenya been caught red-handed by jack. another thing i probably would’ve changed if i were to go back in time would be the wording of the notice about the rolecards’ structure — i think i didn’t communicate it effectively enough given the brief confusion it brought and the fact that some reads ended up being based in rolecard structure anyway.

while i wasn’t expecting people to figure the setup’s secret on the first day — mad props to sande for piecing it together with almost 100% accuracy and to mf for also being extremely close —, i tried to make sure that the town would end up figuring it out at some point or another, be it via suspiciously specific language, through the dm slider’s existence, the watcher’s single-head sightings or even in the event of redstrykephoenix being lynched — while this was unfortunately not triggered at a relevant moment, if the game weren’t to end upon stryke’s death, keith and the other half of the last voter’s hydra would “move in together” into a new hydra, retaining their individual powers if applicable.

i also want to apologize to ephemera for their first game in this forum being this wack ljasklhgkmg it was good to have you as a player and i hope you stick around! :)

once again thank you all so much for making this game possible! :)

i can't even be relieved that this is over because i'm so fucking frustrated rn

craigslist:
missed connections:

i saw you walkin by knives alley. dropped a cigarette and bumped into you while kneelin down to fetch it. you looked at me with those concerned, hazel eyes and i can't get you out of my head.

tell me somethin about yerself sugar. hows your life. hows your love life?
me im single and itchin to mingle. if u want ill send you a pic in my new hat. its really cool, it says "women want me fish fear me"

lookin forward to your reply sweetheart
- tucker
is this r/l4l
tucker i would love to see your hat :( take my upvote good sir *goldaward* *wholesomeaward*
tucker... my sweet love... dont miss MY connection...
(strums ukelele) i had a dream (strum) where i met a guy (strum) don't you wait for me (strum) i'll be on by (soulful strum)
F1dNqQW.jpg

so what do you wanna share about your life with ol tucker here. me, well, this is pretty much all i do. i'm a lonesome lone wolf type of guy so i'm just tryna make connections in life. god says love thy nieghbor. right up there in the nine commandments
*upvote* *upvote* *upvote* op i love your hat *upvote*
you sound like you've missed a lot of connections in life :( me i can't get by without a good party. a good cake. a whole conversation about it. you feel?
op explain the nine commandments
boy i sure do love parties most times. sure is a bummer that alabama has real bad coronavirus lockdowns lately. caint party with no one but my rottweilers. an the last cake i tried to eat was one of those box-add-an-egg ones and i learned that i sure aint no chef that day. so i guess ill get me a good cake next time applebees has indoor dining.
op did you bake the cake after you added the egg
oh the nine commandments? well sure

you see here God done took Moses up this mountain and he said Moses, write these here down. These are my commandments for all the people down there. God said 1. Don't worship no other gods than me. 2. Don't worship no sticks and stones statue over me. 3. Don't go sayin my name in vain when you don't mean it respectfully. 4. Worship me on Sunday. 5. Respect your father and your mother. 6. Don't go out there and take another man's life. 7. Don't steal. 8. Treats your neighbors how you would want them to treats you. 9. Don't be jealous of nothin. And Moses ran down that mountain and he showed everyone the commandments and it got put right smack dab in the gospel.
op did you bake the cake after you added the egg

Yes indeed, I put the pouder in the pan, i put the egg in there and mixed it up, and added some water to get it all wet in there and stuck it in the oven.
i don't know enough about the bible or baking to disagree... hmm...
oh the nine commandments? well sure
WAIT THE THE FUCKING ALABAMA JOKE IM GOING TO SCREAM I JUST GOT IT IM GOING TO S C REA M
is this here a yeeeeee haw! scream or an oh no!!!!! scream

im mighty sorry if i said somethin to shake ya
y-yeeeee haw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rolelist:

17p:
LOYAL:
Warlock of Nyctos - Alignment Cop (N0 Green Captain)
Avenger of Tychis - Modpeek Inventor | 1-Shot
Archsorcerer - Day Vigilante | 2-Shot, Cleaning : Day Neighbourizer [(A)] | 1-Shot : Neighbourhood Captain [C] : Neighbour [A] | Activated [Self]
Royal Guard | Elder - Jailkeeper | Macho, Mason [D] : Deathmiller [Werewolf Outgroup]
Royal Guard | Younger - Backup Jailkeeper | Macho, Mason [D] : Deathmiller [Werewolf Outgroup]
Omega Wolf - Coroner | 2-Shot : Neighbour [.B] : Deathmiller [Werewolf]
University Mage - Werewolf Detector
Mercenary - Doctor | Conditional [Killer in Hood B, D] (MOD NOTE: Basically Useless)
Whisperer - Messenger [Mafia Chat]
Trapper - Stage JOAT [Bulletproof > Commute > Reflect]
Charlatan - Cycle JOAT [Double Vote | Hidden Vote | Vote Hijack]
Guardian - Potion Master | 1-Shot [Successful]

Inventor - Fruit Vendor

MAFIA:

Silver Marksman - Werewolf Hunter : Strongman | 1-Shot : Neighbour [A] | Activated [Self]
Acolyte of Darkness - Setup Oracle : Universal Messenger/Crier : Neighbour [A] | Activated [Self]
Alpha Wolf - Roleblocker : Neighbourhood Capitan [B, (D)] : Neighbourizer [.B] | Cycle 1-2 : Deathmiller [Werewolf]
Psychemancer - Rolecop : Neighbourizer [(A)] | 1-Shot : Neighbour [C] : Neighbour [A] | Activated [Self]

MAFIA OUTGROUP:
The Grand Eifie - Hidden Target : Dreaming God JOAT [Disloyal Revive | Global Neighbour {A} Activator | Global De-Neighbourizer {B}] | Compulsory, Cycle 1-2-3

Parentheses surrounding a Hood in a Neighbourizer ability means that they are not a part of the neighbourhood.

Neighbourhood A - Starts with no members

Neighbourhood B - For non-Royal Guard werewolves
- All players who were ever a part of this hood become Deathmillers [Werewolf].

Neighbourhood C - For Psychemancer and Archsorcerer

Neighbourhood D - For Royal Guards

other notes
eifie approached me about having a special role in the game so they could make jokeposts in the gamethread
that's what that outgroup role is

Back
Top Bottom