• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Legendaryseeker99 vs. Scraggy

1vs1 Single
Style: Set
DQ: 4 days
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, weather moves
Arena: Noob Palace

This arena was made for the noobs of battling, and the palace has been configured specifically for them.
No Pokemon are allowed to battle that are in a higher evolution then the first, including Pokemon that don't evolve.
Once a round, there is a 10% chance an experienced trainer will arrive and complement one of the trainers on their battling skill, and their Pokemon will overhear this and be encouraged to fight harder. The affected Pokemon will gain a +1 to all stats for the rest of the battle.

Round Seven Begin!

Team Seeker O
litwick
[Umbra] Litwick (M)
Ability: Flash Fire
Health: 23%
Energy: 62%
Status: Quite weak now, and getting frustrated. Defense +4. Badly Poisoned(Moderate; 4% this round, 5% next).

Team Scraggy O
scraggy
[William] Scraggy (M)
Ablilty: Shed Skin
Health: 81%
Energy: 28%
Status: “Finally, things are going my way!” Attack +2. Defense +1. Special Attack +1. Special Defense +1. Speed +2. Evasion +1. Cursed.​

William is now quite confident in his abilities to take down his whimpy opponent. The Scraggy once again harnesses his dark-type power and fades away into nothingness. Soon the Scraggy has appeared completely unexpectedly behind his opponent, and has delivered a sharp blow to the Litwick’s back. This time, the little candle doesn’t even bother to turn around, and instead focuses on the spot where he knows William will reappear. And as soon as the Scraggy fades back into existence, Umbra uses his mental power to grasp both their life forces, absorbing life force from his opponent to make their respective life forces as equal as possible.

As soon as the attack ends, William finds his energy severely depleted, like he can’t even take any more pain for the time being. He immediately decides to retaliate, striking back by slinking stealthily behind Umbra once again. He strikes the Litwick with Dark-type energy, as has been so effective many times prior. But instead of the standard retaliation, his opponent is just lying there. So he punches Umbra again, just as hard. But as he slinks back to his own side of the battlefield he sees his opponent’s eyes closed completely, dozing off nonchalantly. William decides to not question it; Umbra doesn’t really seem to be getting any healthier, and he’s not getting hurt by his opponent’s lounging—in fact, it’s probably better.

Round Seven End!

Team Seeker O
litwick
[Umbra] Litwick (M)
Ability: Flash Fire
Health: 35%
Energy: 47%
Status: A little better, though somewhat tired. Defense +4. Badly Poisoned(Moderate; 5% this round, 6% next).

Team Scraggy O
scraggy
[William] Scraggy (M)
Ablilty: Shed Skin
Health: 42% (CAPPED)
Energy: 16%
Status: Somewhat satisfied, but quite weary. Attack +2. Defense +1. Special Attack +1. Special Defense +1. Speed +2. Evasion +1. Cursed.​

Damage and Energy Calculations
•Faint Attack: 7% damage, 4% energy
•Pain Split: 35% damage, restoration, and energy
•Chill: restored 10% energy
•Chill: restored 10% energy

Arena Notes
•Nothing out of the ordinary~

Notes
•…Y’know, it actually crossed my mind to just copy/paste the second paragraph to constitute the round.
•Pain Split hit the damage cap, which I assume exists for that move. If I’m wrong, correct me.
•Curse damage (4% this round) apparently ignores the damage cap, according to how I interpreted the A&A. Again, correct me if I’m wrong.
•Sorry this took so long. I’ll try to be faster for the remainder of this battle.

Next Round:
•LS99 attacks
•Scraggy attacks
•I ref

Last edited:
I think you misread it, and I admit the description is unclear. But when that happens one normally defaults to the Games, and I think 'equalize' means the same thing as it does in the Games. But the damage done in this case was stopped by the damage cap, so Umbra couldn't /quite/ equalize it.

No, PS is basically a healing move classified as Special in ASB.
The target of the move is not affected, the user only heals itself until its health is equal to the target's.

EDIT: And isn't Curse supposed to do a stable 10% damage each round?

Hi, popping in to say that Pain Split is most definitely handled the same in the ASB as the games, which is to say that it averages the user's health with the target's.
And Curse is 10% of the user's current health per round.
I'll leave now

Hm. :\
I had interpreted it as the equalization occuring by the user healing itself. I think the description needs to be made slightly clearer.
But in the games, doesn't the battler with the highest health lose health, and the battler with the lowest gain it?

And William should have started the round with 80% health, not 81%.

Did you look at the end of round notes? William lost (in total) 39% health; 35% from Pain Split [which was capped before it hit its full effect] and 4% from Curse [rounded down, ignores the damage cap]. And if you'll notice, Umbra did gain the 35% health, although some of that was quickly depleted by William's Faint Attacks.

...And where exactly did that last one come from? ...did I do something wrong in round 6?

Yeah, you reffed last round that Curse did 9% of damage, not 10%.

And Curse should have done 10% of damage this round, not 4%.

Nonono, Curse does 10% of your CURRENT health—not 10% damage, that's confusing as well, but basically multiply your current health by 0.1 and round down.

I am bored, so I'm posting actions.

Flamethrower isn't really getting us anywhere, so start out with two Clear Smogs. If you aren't Taunted by the second Clear Smog, use Imprison instead. On the last action, use... Energy Ball I guess?

Clear Smog~Clear Smog/Imprison~Energy Ball

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom