• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Looking for a new web browser.

but why. what does it do to impede the basic acquisition and reading of emails?
Their spam filters are wonky, they have dubious dealings that basically sell your inbox to high-enough bidders, accounts ~magically disappear~ (I've had one do so), more frequent downtime, forwarding is only allowed towards other Microsoft e-mail services (unless this has changed), they keep fucking with the AI (initial Googling suggests most people are unhappy with this), and so forth.

To the "average user", these might be "little things", but it's still pretty clear that GMail or even Yahoo! Mail are superior, more reliable e-mail services.

Firefox lets you transfer favorites and cookies and stuff over from IE, which is nice. Plus, as many people have said, it's very customizable and stuff.

AND NOW FOR RECOMMENDED ADDONS

AdBlock Plus pretty much gets rid of every ad that isn't a video preview (ie: no more of those ads on Bulbapedia!)

Google Toolbar

ColorfulTabs generates a color for every new tab that you make.

Lazarus Form Recovery: Ever press refresh accidentally and lose an hour's worth of ranting? Not anymore.

Read It Later is soooo useful because it adds a little button that you can press and then bang it goes in this little folder thing that you can check later. And it saves where you were on the page. :)

Smoothwheel removes the jerky scrolling blah that happens sometimes.

There's been a google searchbar built into Firefox since like version 2.1 or something, and there's a default option in tools to smooth out scrolling.

On the other hand, don't forget Noscript. Combos with Adblock to rightfully screw over most if not all intrusions. I laugh at your capitalism, google ad syndicate.

Also, if you're quite into music and tend to listen while browsing recommendation++ for Foxytunes. Works with most media players to plug playback controls right into the footer.

(Gee, I wonder what I recommend browser-wise here~)

There's been a google searchbar built into Firefox since like version 2.1 or something, and there's a default option in tools to smooth out scrolling.
Yes but the one I got from the add-on is about seven point three times better. :P And I did not know about the smoothening-thing...

Yeah, tried it out, doesn't work as well as the add-on does.

Personally I am an AOL person. But browser wise I am not too picky, but I will go with the majority and vote for firefox. It's one of the most user-friendly browsers I know, and websites display well on it. Though I like Chrome too. It's very clean, but for me it seems to error a lot, especially on Facebook.

there are a lot of "browsers" that are just an IE shell. IE has actually gotten better over the past, uh, two versions? (I still won't recommend it, but.)

Back
Top Bottom