• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Mafia Choice Mafia 2 - Game Thread

maybe this should be a collective effort. especially given that the people who actually GM'd a bunch of the games in question are present here

on that note, I guess I can do you guys some gym leader choice mafia cliffnotes soon

Zori's claim is. Certainly strange. But I honestly cannot imagine a threat to the town would go out of their way to draw this much attention to themself (especially since it seems that a number of players' first instinct is to lynch), and on the Alien side of things it would be wildly unlikely to be activated N0 while there's a death alongside it.

i can try to do some ooctvt cliffsnotes later today
welcome to hell (mawile's out of context tv tropes mafia quotes mafia/ooctvt cliffnotes)
i was going to read 95 pages of ooctvt but then i realized i don't have the brainspace for that. so here's this instead. i included links to vote histories (which have post numbers included in them), role pms, all night actions, and more

overlapping players with mcm2 (in no particular order):
- Despicable Meme (herbe and M&F)
- zori
- qenya
- tbh^2 (mewtini)
- rnp

setup summaries + notes:
- summary of roles + role pms, exactly as they were sent: link
- full list of night actions: link
- the entire setup was power roles because i am a big fan of absolutely losing my mind
- i gave everyone a regular night action + a oneshot action + a fake passive that made them immune to something that wasn't actually in the game. rnp actually called my bluff on this because i forgot to fill in that part of my role PM template on his role PM
- the mafia were all ingroup (no outgroups)
- i had one 3p in the form of VM's warlock (needed to predict who was going to be yeeted each day in order to win)

bookmarks to each start + final votecounts + vote history per Day:
- day 1 start: link
- day 1 final votecount + history: link
- day 2 start: link
- day 2 final votecount + history: link
- day 3 start: link
- day 3 final votecount + history: link
- day 4 start: link
- day 4 final votecount + history: link
- day 5 start: link
- day 5 final votecount + history: link

my role is so absolutely barely related to the events of power plant pokemafia (like flavorwise theres a link but nothing eventwise) that it would be impossible to figure out what it is from guessing tbh

my fucking god 89 pages in ACNH? i barely remember what was happening there

also my role does not mechanically exist in ooctvt
ok now that i've actually looked at ooctvt for the first time in like a year, apparently i did include a potential action in it that's like an analogue to my role in this game

24(ish) hours until End of Day.

Votes:
Zori (1):
Herbe (#115)

mmmmh. a cursory reread of all the poasting so far has not given me any particular reads I'd feel confident in. the thread is sleepy, but everyone posted. at best, all I can say is I'm townreading qenya (because, while I'm not saying it's impossible, you'd think a bonafide wolf would know what her faction is called-), and I'm reasonably inclined to believe that mewtini and Herbe would have been strongly opposed to Stryke being the N0 kill. ... although that does not exclude the possibility of a redirect shenanigan subverting the snitches' actual wishes on that front.

But I honestly cannot imagine a threat to the town would go out of their way to draw this much attention to themself (especially since it seems that a number of players' first instinct is to lynch), and on the Alien side of things it would be wildly unlikely to be activated N0 while there's a death alongside it.
a question though -- how confident are you exactly that this isn't an activated alien situation? (I'm plenty confident myself, but it should be noted that, historically speaking, I am alien bait-)

anyway, gym leader choice pokémafia cliffnotes in next post, hopefully we'll get some use out of them within the likely less than 24h

things that I'd single out as sufficiently part of gym leader choice mafia's legacy that RNP might have leaned on them for a role
-first and foremost there's the central gimmick -- badges. on death, players had the ability to bestow badges upon other players; in turn, each player's role had some enhanced abilities which could be acitivated by expending earned badges. (in practice, this saw relatively little use, mostly because the mafia played outstandingly and ended up with a majority of the badges in their hands; and then, the townies who did get badges either didn't strike upon circumstances where their enhanced powers would be useful, or died before they just before they could make use of their badges. here's looking at you, enhanced The Thing that Mawile didn't get to fire off--)
-Zori, as a third-party player, was the first lynch out; in flavour, they were Jasmine and Amphy the famously sick Ampharos, and following the lynch, I got to write a great deal of funny-sad phasechange flavor involving Colress's misadventures in dealing with a traumatized electric generator
-and as mentioned, RNP randed miller -- and not just garden-variety miller either, but one who fires off a "by the way, this dude is mafia" at ANY players who targets 'em (which is just as well considering that, besides the jack-of-all-trades, this setup didn't have any actual alignment-checking inforoles, so the alarming results had to come from somewhere-)
-anyway, the game also famously dragged on quite a bit, seeing as most of the more active players got gobbled up in the middle stages of the game and the mafia was also well equipped to play defensively during the final stretch
-incidentally, Ys faking out a terrorist explosion and successfully getting the wagon off herself and onto qenya this way is the reason why qenya jumps if you say you're about to explode her---
-also Stryke had a (town) role that could only use its powers while dead; however, in attempting to get himself killed ASAP to use those powers, he managed to convince everyone they'd better steer clear of whatever was going on there, resulting in him being one of just four surviving players at the end-
-lastly, this game was probably THE fever pitch of the arguments between RNP and Hydreigon25, but I'd imagine RNP wouldn't want to base a role on that, for good reason

and I think that covers the highlights!

a question though -- how confident are you exactly that this isn't an activated alien situation? (I'm plenty confident myself, but it should be noted that, historically speaking, I am alien bait-)
Not 100%, but even so, the solution to deal with an activated alien is simply... do not vote them out. If they were such, the town would have to rely on the grace of the snitches, or whatever vigilantes we may have.
Oh, oh, another theory. Zori could be a role inheritor, who took after Stryke. That sorta matches the flavor of the kill announcement, but there's little reason they'd hide that fact instead, I think.

:sleep::sleep:

if im getting voted out today id like to know so i can do something important

it doesn't really matter but i still wanna help town even if i lose

Not 100%, but even so, the solution to deal with an activated alien is simply... do not vote them out. If they were such, the town would have to rely on the grace of the snitches, or whatever vigilantes we may have.
Oh, oh, another theory. Zori could be a role inheritor, who took after Stryke. That sorta matches the flavor of the kill announcement, but there's little reason they'd hide that fact instead, I think.

:sleep::sleep:
well, therein lies the rub; even if we do opt against lynching Zori, there's been little proper activity to piece a well-put-together counterwagon from. almost hard to believe EoD is later today, at the rate we're going. none of y'all got anything more to share? we do need to decide on one plan of action or another.

(and speaking of EoD, someone's got to take the initative on negotiating for an EoD time that works out better for everyone, especially those of us who are east off eagleland. as an initial offer, how does five hours back from the current EoD time sound? that should make the same time as EoD was running in the MFia just now)

that said I gotta admit, I don't trust like that-

i know this question wasn't at me but to answer anyway: i'm concerned that this could be an activated alien situation. i'm not just saying that because i don't want zori out, but i have previously been concerned about activated aliens in games (and have also won as alien by saying stuff that doesn't add up/sounds concerning)

i am somewhat concerned by this quote tbh(^2). what do you mean by "something important"

none of y'all got anything more to share?
i have nothing and that is why i have spent most of today memeposting

i mean what i said

i dont feel super comfy outing it if my elim isnt set in stone yet beause i still want to win but
nya

Back
Top Bottom