• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Mafia Choice Mafia 2 - Game Thread

so just to be clear:
- your wincon is to eliminate the snitches
- you are snitch-aligned
- you do not know who the snitches are
- you presumably have some kind of day action ("something important") that you would do before getting yeeted into a pit

my currently strongest townread is probably M&F
just from how theyre putting a non-zero amount of work into the game

unlike me

• Thinking
Reactions: M&F
i had a whole longpost i typed up at 5:30am, decided it's smarter to not post at 5:30am, and slept on it, and now i do think it was smarter to sleep on it because i was thinking that "vig shoots zori who is an alien who becomes activated immediately" was an extremely convoluted and unlikely circumstance but i am increasingly convinced that it is what happened

which is kind of stressful because then who do we yeet lmao but it does cut through the circular "wtf is going on" i was chewing on yesterday

(and speaking of EoD, someone's got to take the initative on negotiating for an EoD time that works out better for everyone, especially those of us who are east off eagleland. as an initial offer, how does five hours back from the current EoD time sound? that should make the same time as EoD was running in the MFia just now)
this time works for me i think!! rn as is EOD is at a weird time for me and i can't guarantee i'll be awake for it (even though EOD is at 5pm for me and i really should be one of the people it works for lmao)

okay so
during the day i can ask somebody for a secret potion
if i approach a snitch in this way i get found out and leave the game defeated
i havent used it yet because i didnt want to lose randomly d1 when im not confident in anyone

idk who to use it on
ill probably use it on someone like mewt or zm because they seem like useful slots to know the alignment of
i didnt claim this because i didnt want to get nightkilled originally

okay so
during the day i can ask somebody for a secret potion
if i approach a snitch in this way i get found out and leave the game defeated
i havent used it yet because i didnt want to lose randomly d1 when im not confident in anyone
can i ask more about how this works? a couple questions:
- do you have to post this publicly in the thread or is it done in PMs
- is it just you who knows the alignment of the person you're getting a potion from (aka, will there be a modpost in thread to confirm if you hit a snitch)

can i ask more about how this works? a couple questions:
- do you have to post this publicly in the thread or is it done in PMs
- is it just you who knows the alignment of the person you're getting a potion from (aka, will there be a modpost in thread to confirm if you hit a snitch)
its in PMs
im guessing that if i hit a snitch then rnp will just say i died and nothing else but ill announce my target beforehand so there wont be any ambiguity who i picked

ok cool! so that means that hypothetically, you could easily fake a result by saying you're using it on person X (who is a snitch), actually using it on person Y (that you know isn't a snitch), coming back and going "ok yeah X isn't mafia"

i can confirm that leaving the game is different from dying

i can try to hit a snitch to prove myself but that comes with the problem of not knowing who they are 😔

like i'm not saying i believe you, but i'm not saying i don't. there's a couple potential worlds here
1. if you're activated alien, this is a weird day action claim because you're kind of trying to get us to keep you around
2. if you're regular mafia and don't have this day action and were faking weird combo miller earlier toDay, then this is an easy day action claim to fake since would all be in DMs. you could "prove yourself", prevent yourself from getting yeeted toDay, and then you can pose as an investigator long-term
3. if you're actually basically outgroup mafia with a unique wincon, then this is a really weird day action to have since you basically can't use it to further your wincon (since using it on someone that you don't know the alignment of would kick you out of the game)

okay, so -- assuming that claim is truthful, this is useful information, and frankly would have been fine to volunteer earlier; sordid little info we'd get out of a contextless dead zori, after all. ... well, assuming also the truth of that instant lose condition in case of mob kill, it wouldn't have been fine for Zori, but I mean like, for town-

however, that assumption is doing a lot of heavy lifting. by now we're ostensibly looking at a claim of uh, checks notes... miller weak cop survivor, with a bunch of additional nuts and bolts. to the tune that you're essentially a family-aligned player who scans snitch under all circumstances and also singularly loses if you so much as sneeze, let alone use your role power the way it's typically intended.

yeah, color me unconvinced. the far more likely scenario is that it's simply a fakeclaim spinning out of control, with this latest bit being far from an uncommon move: claiming a useful power last-second on the offchance that you'll get a second chance out of it. not helping matters the least is that, while it's not out of the ordinary for a setup to contain a gradient of how complicated each role is, the one I got is far less elaborate than this.

now, I do agree with Zero Moment that the safest procedure for dealing with a possible live alien is to play the long game, and we certainly can afford to do it D1. on the other hand, Herbe is right that, absent anyone piping up within these entire 48 hours, the odds of us missing a real alien-activating hazard around here are low. not zero, mind you, but waiting for guarantees doesn't work in mafia

so godspeed Zori -- and if you are a live alien after all, I'll take solace in that you're not even being original in playing me like a fiddle-

(but also, if the claim is actually 100% real, I look forward to witnessing RNP's embarassment on the topic.)

Back
Top Bottom