• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Magikarp: the Gathering

Butterfree

Still loves Joltik, though!
Staff member
Heartache staff
Pronoun
she/her
The official thread for collectively getting through this game.

All spoilers about how to continue need to be posted in spoiler tags. I'll be watching this thread. However, there is no shame in solving it together, so if you want to do that, don't be afraid to look in the spoiler tags.

Have fun.

"Hmm. Might want to look closer at this."... Look at what... anybody? This was from the info page while playing

Curses, this is hard. I can't get past the first clue, the one where it tells you If I were you, I'd try to be careful to make an effort not to catch any diseases in space. --> I assume it refers to the blank space on that page, but I haven't found anything by randomly clicking. Maybe it's talking about Deoxys... I guess I just suck at this. =D

What?!? What in the world is this source code of which you speak.... Oh the think that opens in notepad!?!!-- If I were you, I'd try to be careful to make an effort not to catch any diseases in space. is the only strange thing I found.

Remove the second "s" from "spoilers", Prettzel. It's "spoiler".

Is there a reason that certain things are... resetting? I clicked the button to start the game, it put the timer up at the top of the page and then redirected me to the first clue-thing, and returning to the MtG main page brought up the message turbler mentioned. But the first clue disappeared from its page after a while, and now that I've gone back to look at the MtG page it's acting as though I haven't started, explaining the rules and giving me the button to click so I can start it. Time hasn't run out yet; in fact, the timer is still at the top of the page. Is that supposed to happen?

ugh that sounds vague but I really shouldn't be spending time on this in the first place anyway.

The only thing that comes to mind for me is viruses O_o Like computer viruses. Yes, I'm weird.

Oh, hey, playing Magikarp: the Gathering, are you? :o Cool. Hey, don't look here. This is the kind of thing where you want to go to a dusty old library and squint at the writing in ancient books. is on the main page... that's and the thing in my other post above is all I got...

Remove the second "s" from "spoilers", Prettzel. It's "spoiler".

Is there a reason that certain things are... resetting? I clicked the button to start the game, it put the timer up at the top of the page and then redirected me to the first clue-thing, and returning to the MtG main page brought up the message turbler mentioned. But the first clue disappeared from its page after a while, and now that I've gone back to look at the MtG page it's acting as though I haven't started, explaining the rules and giving me the button to click so I can start it. Time hasn't run out yet; in fact, the timer is still at the top of the page. Is that supposed to happen?

ugh that sounds vague but I really shouldn't be spending time on this in the first place anyway.
Must be some problem with your cookies; what you describe is what would happen if it somehow removed the cookie that keeps track of your progress but not the one that keeps track of the time. It happened for me as well, but then I deleted some other cookies and it worked fine after that.

Well, I think I solved that first clue, but when I went to the Effort Values and Natures guide, it had indeed been altered today, but I didn't see anything different. The URL has deoxyseffort in it, so I know I'm in the right place, but I can't find anything ( even in the source code) as of yet. Most infuriating.

Of course...EVs, Pokerus...diseases...

EDIT: But there's nothing about Pokerus in there...hmm.

EDIT AGAIN: Found it. In the middle of the text. "Planning revenge, eh?"

EDIT YET AGAIN: Would that be the VS Seeker?

Last edited:
I suggest we only look at sections that have been updated today and maybe yesterday, since those are more likely to hold clues. Just a thought.

That's what I've been doing. Site History and The Zodiac have been updated today. There were others too, I think, but I forgot them.

EDIT: And Conspiracy Theories was updated yesterday.

Still can't figure out the revenge thing, though.

Last edited:
I just looked at the history of the Zodiac, and the last three paragraphs seem like they could be relevant. I could be wrong, though.

I realized... YOU CAN REFACE THE E4 IN FRLG! A TIME FOR THEM TO GET REVENGE!

I looked at the bottm of cerulean cave in the source code in the Sevii Islands section. Around Pope, there is coding. I copied down the line:

Keep an Escape <span class="crossout">Pope</span> Rope with you at ALL times while in here. At least til you're averaging level 70 among your Pokémon.</p>

What could this mean? Or is it just a broken tag?

What about "Religious Objections to Pokémon"? It hasn't been updated since September 02 2007.

Found something else, this one based on turbler's

the Legendary Whatever's page also mentions Magikarp... Not sure if that means anything, but...

Well, it IS curious that when Suicune is mentioned, Magikarp is also mentioned...

Back
Top Bottom