• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Frontier Town Mayoral Residence – Ground Floor

"Good evenin', folks!" said the dark figure amidst the smoke. She strode forward, bowing and waving dramatically. "Mister Voclain was so ungracious as to forget to send me my invitation to this fine shindig! Not to worry, I brought myself along to the occasion of my own accord~ Now we can have a real good time, 'cause boy, do I have a lot to say!"
Andre flinched at the sudden arrival so hard that he dropped his fondued berry on the floor. I hope no one saw that, he thought before he realized no one would care anywhere near as much about his little oopsie than they would about this floragato breaking in. What was her deal, anyway?

Sonora ate her Reflex Seed! +1 Eva and Acc!
Sera ate her Cautious Seed! +1 Def and Res!
Sera used her Protect Orb! +1 Shield!
Oh. It looked like they were getting ready to battle, preparing with some items Andre was unfamiliar with. Those seeds must have had some effect to them, and so must that strange orb, or maybe they were just part of some good luck ritual? Unlikely.

Hey! I am not entirely sure what the present situation involves, but I can hear you, and I think you can hear me! It seems like being gathered in one place, with your auras fired up for battle, strengthens the connection between you, and between us!
I do not know for certain whether you should or should not fight this battle, but other heroic spirits are on their way to help. Can you hold on until they get there and I figure this all out?
Good luck! I believe in you! You can do this!
[ ] Objective: keep fighting Sonora. (0/3 turns)
What? The cloud was speaking to them now?

Well, everyone else seemed to be fighting the intruders. Andre wasn't sure why, and while he hated the idea of simply doing something because everyone else was, he felt like he was going to get on the mayor's shit list if he didn't do anything. Still, he didn't really know what to do. He had trained once with Kimiko, but that was the extent of his battle experience. The only thing he knew how to do was to tackle, and that would put him right in the middle of the chaos and in the way of the other battlers... and he couldn't deny that he also didn't want to get hurt. Coward. Maybe it was better just to watch for now, try to make sense of what's happening. Maybe figure out what moves they had?

Andre (Aux Spotter/Support)
Spotter: Gather Intel (Moves, Sonora)

Last edited:
Turn 1
Allied Phase Results

Combat Intel:

Andre's Spotter Skill! Sonora knows the following moves:
Trailblaze
U-Turn
Charm
Double Team
???

Mhynt's Spotter Skill!
Sonora is definitely stalling as a distraction. Something else is going on. She's not interested in defeating your squad – just in holding as much attention as possible for as long as possible.

However, her grandstanding isn't insincere. It sounds like she really does want to be heard.

Leaf's Spotter Feat!
Sera is determined to take the heat off Sonora. She'll focus on reducing the threat level to her boss, rather than taking out any of your squad.

Kalas' Spotter Skill! Sonora has the following items:
Reflex Seed
Lum Berry – Cures one physical ailment.
Leppa Berry – Improves action economy for the turn.
???

Bellatrix' Spotter Skill! Sonora has the following gear:
Mach Scarf – Innate +1 Spd and +1 Mobility
Smoke Bombs – Can't be trapped.

Battle had begun. It was the first time so many of the heroic spirits had fought together, and even expecting some disruption, they'd had little chance to prepare for real combat. Practicing a few moves and stocking up on healing items from the Experimental Orchards was all they could do on short notice, and Las Picaras had come out of nowhere, without warning. But the sense of confusion and chaos dissipated quickly, the team falling into sync in mere seconds, the presence of the Voice who'd brought them to this world now freshly in their minds...

Koa's Rogue Skill! Sonora was Paralysed!
Wes Called out to Archie!
Dave's Rage @ Sonora dealt a grazing 2 dmg!

"I don't know what the fuck you think you're doing here but this bastard Empoleon wants you strung up in the square. Get the fuck out of here while you still can."

"So what is it you've got to say, anyway? How about you tell me this fucking sob story of yours?"
Dave's Taunt @ Sonora! Taunted!

"Gladly!" Sonora cried with a fierce joy, ducking back from Dave's clumsy first blow. "You're new in town – hell, some of y'all visitors from out east only know our beloved mayor by reputation – so why don'tcha let me fill you in, huh?"

Concentrating on weathering the onslaught of attacks from the party, Sonora didn't strike out at them just yet, she just sidestepped and darted across the bandstand, the tables, wherever gave her height.

"Y'all may have seen my handsome face on wanted posters 'round town – I'm the one and only Sonora, the green shadow of the Soja'! But I weren't always a highwaymon, no – I grew up here in Frontier Town, 'til my wage-thievin' boss set me up fer a spell in county jail. I was fifteen goddamn years old and already on my own, but that's life in this town if y'ain't got connections to count on!"

She gestured to the silent, cold-eyed Empoleon on the other side of the fray from her.

"Meet Empoleon Ignatius Voclain, the duly elected mayor of Frontier Town!" she called out, her sing-song voice rising above the clatter of combat. "And what a fine job he's done with his li'l kingdom. Maybe it makes sense to you that the son of the previous mayor ought to be the best 'mon to choose for the job – and that his son will be the best 'mon to succeed him! But personally, when I see one rich bastard succeeding another, and then another, that looks like royalty to me!"

His Sand Attack @ Sonora! -1 Acc!
Corey's Hypnosis @ Sonora! She became Drowsy!
Leaf's Double Kick @ Sera! Her Shield broke! 6 dmg!
Her Tail Whip @ Sera & Sonora! -1 Def!
Her Quick Attack @ Sera dealt 6 dmg!
Archie's Aerial Ace @ Sera dealt 6 dmg!
His Water Gun @ Sera dealt 6 dmg! It's super-effective!
Bellatrix's Quick Attack @ Sonora dealt 5 dmg!
Her Scratch @ Sonora dealt 5 dmg!
Nip's Scratch @ Sonora dealt 3 dmg!
His Rock Smash @ Sonora dealt 4 dmg! -1 Def!
Nip's Smokescreen @ Sonora and Sera! -1 Acc!

Sonora fended off attacks, coughed for air in the smoke, and leapt back from the fray. She didn't stop talking.

"So much fer free speech," she drawled. "I still ain't got to the good part, yet. How 'bout you folks give me a bit of space, huh?"

The Floragato reached in her belt for a berry with one paw, and unsheathed the claws on her other.

"Hello? I can hear you!"

"Who are you? Where are you? And what's there to figure out? The mayor and this Sonora bandit are about to start an all out brawl, and we're caught in the middle of it!"

"Heroic spirits or not, this is going to get ugly and fast. People are going to get hurt!"

Hello, Steven! Oh, I am so glad you can hear me. And your is aura very stable; the connection between us is so clear! I can hear you even during the battle.
I summoned you and all the other heroic spirits to help save Forlas.
I am where I always am, but that is far from where you are.
I need to figure out what we should do... I am so sorry I have not been able to reach you all. If I had only been stronger, maybe this would not be happening and nobody would be fighting... I think this may be my fault for calling on so many spirits all at once. Maybe I was foolish to try.
...But I was so sure it would be worth it. That you would make a difference. That you were good, and strong, and could help.
I do not want anybody to get hurt, especially those I am responsible for...
Steven! There is something very important upstairs that your allies are trying to get. The pokémon fighting them are determined to stop them.
Can you get to them and find out what it is that is so important? I cannot see what it is until one of you heroic spirits examines it, and everyone else is busy fighting...
Please. Steven, I need your help.

Turn 1
Enemy Phase Results

Sonora hadn't taken much in the way of knockout blows, but she was staggering from the number of interference techniques the party had used. She forced a lum berry into her mouth, and concentrated for a moment – whatever she might have done, she was having to put that aside to shake off the sheer amount of disruption she was dealing with.

Boss Action! Sonora shook off Taunt and Drowsy. Immune for one turn!
Sonora's lum berry cured her Paralysis!

Even with her senses secure, Sonora's attention was still primarily on the Poochyena who had Taunted her. There came a flurry of counter-attacks and fast movement, interspersed with a moment in which the outlaw stood astride a platter of buffet foods, struck a cocky pose, and blew the other combatant a kiss.

Sonora's Trailblaze dealt 13 dmg to Dave! +1 Spd!
Dave counterattacked with Rage and dealt 4 dmg! +1 Atk!
Sonora's Double Team raised her evasiveness! +1 Eva!
Sonora's Charm lowered Dave's attack! -2 Atk!
Sonora prepared a move...
Sonora's Protean! Sonora became Dark-type.

Her moves were still competently executed, but that sand and smoke doubtless messed with her ability to land any decisive blows...

"Ya sure are fun to dance with, fella, but yer footwork needs work!"

Sonora smirked, jumped back, and in an acrobatic feline blur of movement, she was atop the mezzanine, standing atop the balustrades.

Sonora walked to North Mezzanine.

"Come an' get me, if y'can!"

Meanwhile the rest of Las Picaras were sparing what support they could from their grapples with the security guards in the ballroom...

Sera's Growl lowered Archie's, Nip's and Leaf's attack! -1 Atk!
Archie's Defiant! +1 Atk!
Sera's Will-o-wisp burned Leaf!
Sera's Smokescreen lowered Nip's accuracy! -1 Acc!
Carolina's Defender Skill! Sonora was Protected!
Rocco's Support Skill! Sonora got +1 Eva!
Rillo's Rogue Skill! Dave was Paralysed!
Vago's Rogue Skill! Archie became Drowsy!
[ ] Objective: keep fighting Sonora. (1/3 turns)
Turn 2

Last edited:
Corey cursed under his breath as Sonora proved her mettle, evading and shaking off attacks with what seemed like the greatest of ease. Worse yet, he'd sensed her type had changed after Dave's attack... Dark type. Well now there was little point in him trying to target her with any degree of effectiveness. He'd have to turn his attention to her Growlithe lacky. As he approached the puppy Pokemon, he held out a hand which began to glow as he sent a wave of confusion Sera's way.
As he sent out the attack, he could sense a strange feeling as if half of him had been consumed by the other… Seemed the ability he’d gotten from Sonora had triggered with his attack, and now he was fully psychic type for the time being.
Corey (21 STM, 8 TMP, 0 SPD, 0 ACC)
- **Bonus Action:** Focus (+5 TMP)
- Confusion @ Sera (-7 STM, effect, -9 TMP, +2 TMP)
Net change: -7 STM, -2 TMP
Net totals: 14 STM (24 after regen), 6 TMP

Last edited:
Nip coughed, smoke and soot clothing his nostrils. Ugh, talk about a taste of his own medicine. Squinting through the smog, he smashed his fists together. A few sparks bounced where his claws struck each other billowing smog filling the air. He dove through the cloud, slamming his fist into the nearest enemy's jaw.

But where was Sonora?

He caught sight of the floragato just in time to see her climb higher. "H-hey, wait!"

Nip (38 STM, 4 TMP, 0 SPD, -1 ACC)
- Smokescreen @ Sera (-9 STM, hit, -2 TMP, +2 TMP)
- Rock Smash @ Sera (-11 STM, hit, effect, -7 TMP, +2 TMP)
Net change: -20 STM, +0 TMP
Net totals: 18 STM (30 after regen), 4 TMP

Last edited:
Archie staggered back, suddenly feeling lethargic! It took his suddenly addled brain a moment to realize that this rapid onset drowsiness wasn’t natural, instead some form of interference by another member of her gang. The Oshawott pulled the Lum Berry from his bag and shoved it into his maw, grimacing at the unpalatable blend of flavors even as the berry worked its magic and stirred him from his sleepy state.

Alright, now, he’d been very generously given an opening thanks to Wes and a strange Ponyta he didn’t quite recognize. It was time to take advantage!

“Sorry, I need this to look convincing,” he said to the Growlithe, hoping the Mayor and his cronies wouldn’t be able to hear over the sound of the melee. Then he brought up his Scalchop, a beam of light forming into a blade extending from the shell’s cutting edge, and stabbed forward!

That done, he hopped back a foot or so so he could survey the battle. Where had Sonora gone? She hadn’t left her gang behind, had she? No, of course not, there he spotted her, up on the mezzanine looking down at them all. She wanted them to catch her, huh? Maybe he could help with that! The Oshawott fired off a Water Gun at the cat, that ought to keep her on her toes!

Archie (41 STM, 21 TMP, 0 SPD, 0 ACC)
- **Bonus Action:** Item (Lum Berry)
- CRITICAL Sacred Sword @ Sera (-25 STM, -20 TMP, +3 TMP)
- Water Gun @ Sonora (-4 STM, -2 TMP, +2 TMP)
Net change: -29 STM, -17 TMP
Net totals: 12 STM (22 after regen), 4 TMP
(TAKE COVER)

Last edited:
One of the Capsakid ran past, producing a wave of sparkling dust. Dave tried to hold his breath, but couldn't keep it up for long, not after dancing around the Floragato for a while. His muscles stiffened where he stood.

Meanwhile, Sonora was up on the mezzanine, casually grinning, daring him to follow her. Still decidedly not on her way out.

A deep growl formed in his throat, and with a monstrous heave of effort he willed his legs to move and climb up after her, muscles screaming in protest.

"Y'all may have seen my handsome face on wanted posters 'round town – I'm the one and only Sonora, the green shadow of the Soja'! But I weren't always a highwaymon, no – I grew up here in Frontier Town, 'til my wage-thievin' boss set me up fer a spell in county jail. I was fifteen goddamn years old and already on my own, but that's life in this town if y'ain't got connections to count on!"
Well, that was just fucking life, wasn't it. Of course the frontier would have a kid striking out on her own and getting jailed for bullshit because the bigots in power didn't like her. Why the fuck wouldn't it?

"Yeah, the mayor's a dick, what else is new," he spat between clenched teeth, lungs burning, legs shaking. "What exactly are you accomplishing here? Pissing off people who want to kill you for shits and giggles?"

Sonora was alert and ready to dodge, even after a Water Gun from the Oshawott smashed through the Protect shield. Dave kicked up a Sand Attack, waited for her to move and then lunged. Fuck her for dragging him up here.

Dave (24 STM, 11 TMP, -2 SPD, 1 ACC)
- Walk to North Mezzanine
- **Bonus Action:** Dash to North Mezzanine (-2 TMP)
- Sand Attack @ Sonora (-9 STM, +2 TMP) (dodged)
- Rage @ Sonora (-4 STM, +2 TMP)
- Activate ability (Pickpocket Sonora's Eva)
Net change: -15 STM, +2 TMP
Net totals: 9 STM (20 after regen), 13 TMP

Mhynt frowned, looking left and right before Teleporting behind Sonora in the middle of the fray.

"What's your game here?" she said amid the chaos, Teleporting so she was hard to hit, but also out of earshot amid the chaos. She tried to speak privately with her.

"We don't want to capture you. You can tell we're holding back. Both sides. We recognize something is amiss, and some of our allies are your allies. Speak. Enough with the aimless show."

Rogue: Paralyze Sonora... with conversation!

She gestured to the silent, cold-eyed Empoleon on the other side of the fray from her.

"Meet Empoleon Ignatius Voclain, the duly elected mayor of Frontier Town!" she called out, her sing-song voice rising above the clatter of combat. "And what a fine job he's done with his li'l kingdom. Maybe it makes sense to you that the son of the previous mayor ought to be the best 'mon to choose for the job – and that his son will be the best 'mon to succeed him! But personally, when I see one rich bastard succeeding another, and then another, that looks like royalty to me!"
Andre's eyes widened, and he shot a look at the mayor. An outlaw maybe wasn't the most trustworthy source, but he thought it much more likely to be true than false. Nepotism, huh...

Andre growled, still not sure what to do. He looked at the other fighters and felt... something. An energy. A move? Or something else? It felt like he could send it forward.

He focused on Leaf - that ponyta he'd landed in Little Scriven with - hoping that he wasn't about to unleash some damaging move, and willed the energy her way.

Andre (Aux Spotter/Support)
Support: Support (Leaf, Attack)

Last edited:
[[no flavor sry]]

Leaf (28 STM, 11 TMP, 0 SPD, 0 ACC)
- **Bonus Action:** Item (Lum Berry)
- Dash to North Mezzanine (-2 TMP)
- Quick Attack @ Sonora (-6 STM, +2 TMP)
- Double Kick @ Sonora (-9 STM, Sure Hit, +2 TMP)
- **Spotter T0:** Intel @ Sonora (GM's choice)
Net change: -15 STM, +2 TMP
Net totals: 13 STM (24 after regen), 13 TMP

Kalas (Aux Spotter/Support)
Support: Support (Archie, Attack)

1. Aux
  2. Nip
  3. Corey
  4. Archie
  5. Dave
  6. Leaf
  7. Bellatrix

Combat Intel:
Leaf's Spotter Feat!
(insert cute sonora facts here)

Andre's Support Skill! +1 Atk to Leaf!
Kalas's Support Skill! +1 Atk to Archie!
Mhynt's Rogue Skill! Sonora was Paralyzed!
Wes's Rogue Skill! Sonora was Burned!
Koa's Brawler Skill! X dmg to Sonora! It's super effective!

Nip's Smokescreen @ Sera! -1 Acc!
His Rock Smash @ Sera dealt X dmg! -1 Def!
Corey's Confusion @ Sera dealt X dmg! She became Confused!
Archie's CRITICAL Sacred Sword @ Sera dealt X dmg!
His Water Gun @ Sonora! Her Shield broke!
Dave's Sand Attack @ Sonora! Dodged!
His Rage @ Sonora dealt X dmg!
Leaf's Quick Attack @ Sonora dealt X dmg!
Her Double Kick @ Sonora dealt X-X... X dmg! It's super-effective!
Bellatrix's Quick Attack @ Sonora dealt X dmg!
Her Quick Attack @ Sonora dealt X dmg!
Her Scratch @ Sonora dealt X dmg!

Last edited:
If there was any advantages to this body, it was the sheer acrobatic skill it provided. Bellatrix bounded between footholds, her final leap being that of attack. She spared a glance at Ignatius, trying to see if he was buying into any of it, before leaping back down into the ballroom though not before giving Sonora one final parting scratch.

Act or not, Bellatrix wasn't exactly the type to banter during the heat of battle.

Bellatrix (28 STM, 12 TMP, 0 SPD, 1 ACC)
- Dash to North Mezzanine (-2 TMP)
- Quick Attack @ Sonora (-6 STM, Sure Hit, +3 TMP)
- **Spotter T0:** Intel @ GM Choice
- Quick Attack @ Sonora (-9 STM, +3 TMP)
- Scratch @ Sonora (-4 STM, +3 TMP)
- **Bonus Action:** Dash to East Ballroom (-2 TMP)
Net change: -19 STM, +5 TMP
Net totals: 9 STM (20 after regen), 17 TMP

Last edited:
By this point, Steven had backed himself up against the edge of the stairs leading to the mezzanine. He could only watch as Sonora ducked and dodged and danced her way across the ballroom, spouting an impassioned speech about the injustice she faced and the mayoral seat's history. Inwardly, he winced. He knew what she was insinuating, he understood why she'd be so angry, but what he couldn't understand was why she'd choose to endanger so many people just to prove a point.

But then the Voice rang out loud in clear and his head, and he froze, listening closely.
The mysterious Voice said:
There is something very important upstairs that your allies are trying to get. The pokémon fighting them are determined to stop them. Can you get to them and find out what it is that is so important? I cannot see what it is until one of you heroic spirits examines it, and everyone else is busy fighting... Please. Steven, I need your help.
Well, that settled it. He had to get back to Odette, and fast.

A smokescreen had filled up most of the ground floor, and he saw his opportunity. While Sonora was doing a tightrope act on the balustrade above, he darted up the stairs as fast as he could and ducked through the doors to the second floor.

You’re awfully chatty, aren’t you? Wes snapped back at the voice in his head. So eager to tell us what to do but not why or what’s going on! You the cloud from before? Well, thanks for nothing, Vague Vaporpuff. Why the hell should I listen to you?

He whirled on Sonora, frustration mounting. For someone who wasn’t fighting for real, she sure was doing a bang-up job of making them work for their hits. He struck at her, flames leaping from his claws to singe her side.

Huh. That was new.

Wes (Aux Brawler/Rogue)
Burn @ Sonora

Last edited:
A burning, furious anger surged through Koa, crowding out all his thoughts. Fifteen. Just like you. Somehow hearing that only angered him more. It was never justified, he hated... how dare she.

"You're not getting away," he growled, giving chase. For a moment, the heat of battle coursing through him, the mission of disruption faded from his mind. He found himself despising the mayor, but more than that, he wanted to take her down too. Letting the anger flow through him, he jumped and struck.

Koa (Aux Brawler)
[Fighting] Attack @ Sonora

Last edited:
Turn 2
Player Phase Results
Combat Intel:
Leaf's Spotter Feat!
Despite her bravado, Sonora is definitely worried for her teammates. Her behaviour will change if Sera is knocked out, but this might not go well for the team...

Bellatrix's Spotter Feat!
Sonora is remarkably strong for a young townie, but she's only got one Boss Action and one Boss Attack this fight.

Andre's Support Skill! +1 Atk to Leaf!
Kalas's Support Skill! +1 Atk to Archie!
Mhynt's Rogue Skill! Sonora was Paralyzed!
Wes's Rogue Skill! Sonora was Burned!
Koa's Brawler Skill! 8 dmg to Sonora! It's super effective!

"Gods damnit," hissed Sonora. "Y'all are really makin' me work for this..."

"What's your game here?" she said amid the chaos, Teleporting so she was hard to hit, but also out of earshot amid the chaos. She tried to speak privately with her.

"We don't want to capture you. You can tell we're holding back. Both sides. We recognize something is amiss, and some of our allies are your allies. Speak. Enough with the aimless show."

Sonora's movements slowed a little as she tried to match Mhynt's conversation. So many distractions...

"Yeah, no kiddin'," she hissed. "I got nothin' against you lot! I'm just keepin' the show here 'til I can put the king in check, know what I'm sayin'? The cavalry won't be long now..."

Nip's Smokescreen surrounded Sera! -1 Acc!
His Rock Smash dealt 5 damage to Sera! -1 Def!

Corey's Confusion dealt 6 damage to Sera! She became Confused!

Archie's CRITICAL Sacred Sword dealt 12 damage to Sera!
His Water Gun sprayed towards Sonora! Her Shield broke!

Dave used Sand Attack on Sonora! Dodged!

Dave went to attack Sonora...

"Yeah, the mayor's a dick, what else is new," he spat between clenched teeth, lungs burning, legs shaking. "What exactly are you accomplishing here? Pissing off people who want to kill you for shits and giggles?"

"Yeah, pretty much," laughed Sonora, sarcasm in her words and anger in her eyes. "So how 'bout you be a pal and lay off? Just let it play out! He can do his dirty work himself fer once!"

Sonora braced. The second Dave lunged, a stiff paw met his jaw before he made contact.

"Not one fer takin' a hint, are ya?" Sonora growled. "That's alright by me – I can be more direct."

Sonora's Sucker Punch dealt 10 dmg to Dave! NVE...

Dave's Rage dealt 3 damage to Sonora!

Leaf's Quick Attack dealt 7 damage to Sonora!
Her Double Kicks dealt 9 and 9 damage to Sonora! It's super effective!

Bellatrix's Quick Attacks dealt 9 and 9 damage to Sonora!
Her Scratch dealt 9 damage to Sonora!

It was just about all Sonora could do to keep her footing, assailed by so many attacks. Down on the ballroom floor, Ignatius looked up at the fight with icy contempt. Around him, his guests looked hideously uncomfortable, save for one or two ghoulishly fascinated by the fighting.

"Why don'tcha ask yourselves," grunted Sonora, parrying another strike, "how the law works out here in the frontier? If they can hold a gal's pay and then report her as a thief when she takes what she's owed, what's stoppin' the powers that be from pullin' a fast one on any of you?"

The Floragato danced back along the balustrade, her face tense as she fought through the pain.

"Or do ya think you know a thief when you see one?"

Turn 2
Enemy Phase

The state of the combat in the background with the Pawniard and Patrat guards was slowly changing, apparently in the outlaws' favour, but Las Picaras were still preoccupied for now.

"Sera, concentrate!" yelled the Heliolisk. "That foxy one is stayin' outta reach!"

The crew did what they could to support each other in the thick of battle. It was hard to see how Sonora and Sera could keep up a fight against so many opponents for much longer, though...

Carolina's Defender Skill! Sera was warded for 25%.
Rocco's Support Skill! Sonora got +1 Spd.
Rillo Called out to Sera!
Vago's Rogue Skill! Archie got Drowsy.
Sera's Intimidate! Nip and Archie got -1 Atk.
Sera Focused...
Sera's Heat Wave dealt 9 dmg to Nip and 7 to Archie! Couldn't manage to burn anyone...
Sera walked to East ballroom.
Sera's Will-o-wisp burned Bellatrix!
Sera took 4 dmg in her confusion!

Sonora glared at the pokémon on the mezzanine with her, crouching low. She struck out at Dave in a blur of green, then took his counterattack, something shifting in her movements as she did. The fight went out of Leaf a little as the Floragato made eyes at her, Fairy energy at work. Then the cat hit Dave again with a lunge, knocking him flat, before somersaulting over the balustrades to the other side of the ballroom's mezzanine, behind the safety of a pillar.

Sonora ate her leppa berry. +1 Action!
Trailblaze v Dave dealt a grazing 4 dmg! +1 Spd!
Charm v Leaf! -2 Atk!
Protean! Sonora became the Fairy-type.
+1 Atk! Rage dealt 3 dmg!
U-Turn v Dave dealt 16 dmg! SE! KO!!
Dave was revived.
Sonora retreated to East Mezzanine!
Double Team! +1 Eva!
Sonora couldn't manage any crits...
Sonora took cover...

"Alright, since y'all wanna chase me so much... C'mon, then! See what happens~"

The aggression in her voice was lesser, now, replaced by a kind of cheeky elation. Was that her Protean ability at work, too?

Boss Attack! Sonora is preparing Sucker Punch in East Mezzanine!
[ ] Objective: keep fighting Sonora. (2/3 turns)
Turn 3

Last edited:
For someone holding back, she was doing a great job at taking down her allies.

"Is this really necessary?" Mhynt growled at her. "It's clear we aren't keen on taking you down. What is this stalling for? What's going on? I've dealt with far worse than thievery, and frankly--"

She Teleported next to Sonora, shifting her gaze around.

"I don't trust any of this."

She Teleported again in case an incoming blow had gone her way.

"The sooner you use words between false strikes," she went on, standing on one of the light fixtures, "the easier this will be for everyone. Stop wasting our energy fighting each other. This is absurd."

Something seemed off. The voice said to stall for just a while longer... She had a sense that something strange was coming soon. She kept a look out for just that...

Spotter: Seek out immediate information on the next oddity incoming after the battle's paradigm shift (turn 3/3 condition met)

Okay, seemed like they were doing alright. The cat was definitely taking the fight more seriously now, the grandstanding monologue had well and truly ceased. And if she was having to actually try, then it was going to look a whole lot better to the mayor. On the other hand, one of the other gang members was fucking with his head again. And that Poochyena just ate it. Shit, where had his target gone?

“Hey, Poochyena, you alright?” He called up at the mezzanine. It seemed like the puppy Pokemon wasn’t down for the count just yet. Thank Arceus for small miracles, the Oshawott supposed.

Oh, and there was his target. Going after Bellatrix and the others!

“Hey, I’m your target right now!” He yelled at the Growlithe, before firing another Water Gun her way.

Archie (22 STM, 4 TMP, 0 SPD, 0 ACC)
- **Bonus Action:** Call @ Dave
- Water Gun @ Sera (-4 STM, -2 TMP)
Net change: -4 STM, -2 TMP
Net totals: 18 STM (28 after regen), 2 TMP
(TAKE COVER)

Corey had expected someone to target him by now, but it seemed none of the bandits saw him as a threat compared to the others. Had he not agreed that he wasn't a total powerhouse, he probably would've been offended, but he figured he might as well be grateful that he was still healthy after a few blows traded by both sides. If that Growlithe wanted to underestimate him, he might as well make her regret it...

Without delay, after another moment of focus, he aimed another blast of Confusion at the fire-type as she moved to the East ballroom. Everything else seemed to be little more than a blur to him, not out of his hatred for the enemy or anything, but purely because he'd never participated in a fight like this... or any fight for that matter when it came to actually being the physical combatant... His adrenaline was rushing and all he was thinking about was trying to take the enemy down before he got knocked out.

Corey (24 STM, 7 TMP, 0 SPD, 0 ACC)
- Confusion @ Sera (-7 STM, +2 TMP)
- Walk to East Ballroom
Net change: -7 STM, +7 TMP
Net totals: 17 STM (27 after regen), 14 TMP

Back
Top Bottom