• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Suggestions MM's Sprites 4? 5? I dunno

Nice! ;D

The feathers at the tips look like they should be pointier, but that's just me. Very good sprite though.

Skuntank lady:
id576h.gif

For Pixeljoint's weekly challenge, trying to emulate another pixelartist's style.
The artist I'm trying to 'copy' is BlazeAce: http://pixeljoint.com/p/16805.htm

Skuntank lady:
id576h.gif

For Pixeljoint's weekly challenge, trying to emulate another pixelartist's style.
The artist I'm trying to 'copy' is BlazeAce: http://pixeljoint.com/p/16805.htm

To be honest, the face is great, but everying from there on down needs some work. The shoulders are all out-of-whack. Her right shoulder (our left) is too thick and her left shoulder is far too jointed. Also, the collarbone is very thick and dark and it looks a little creepy. Her neck is also set at an unusual angle. But I have to give you props for making a sprite of a human being. I have a terrible time with this. Great job.

You've got some sexy colours there :O
But now, for some tasty C+C:

It's looking pretty sweet, but I'd say the first one (leftmost) looks like it makes more sense pose-wise (the placing of the head looks better there). The last one's posture looks sort of spineless (dunno if it's supposed to be?)
The lines and such are bolder (not talking about thickness, but overall feeling) in the first one, you could slip some of that into the rightmost one too.

I think adding some ruffly feathers would make the head more lively. Little imperfections give things some spice :D

I love those screwy colours :o

Really, I like the weird shading because it fits with the expression of the character very well.
My crits are pretty minor; his (?) horn-things aren't exactly on the same level on both sides (same goes with the eyes) but those can be fixed with some quick cut&pasting. The shading on the hair could also use a bit of the light flowiness the rest of the guy has, at the moment it's a bit stiff looking compared to the horns, for example.

All in all this honestly looks great even though I've never read Homestuck, merely heard of it. :U
EDIT: scratch that thanks to you I'm HELPLESSLY ADDICTED
like whoah

Last edited:
I don't do sprites (not well, anyhow) but I can do wings, so I can help with those. Also I love your colouring on the bigger pixel arts. :D

Soo redlines. One problem you seem to be repeating with your wings is that they connect only to the shoulders and to nowhere else; if a bird (or any animal) attempted to fly with those sorts of wings they'd get no support.

Bat wings are the best for referencing because they're bird wings, but naked. The membrane connects to the entire body - it even spreads above the wing to the neck! - just as a bird would, except bird wings are covered in feathers. And well for huge pokemons that's pretty important. :v Else they can't fly.

Well they're not exactly the same! Each species of bird has a different sort of wing, so for bats and birds to have the same sort of wings, by extension, would be difficult. But the basic build is the same, aside from the fingers, which birds don't have.

i was trying to post some pokemon fusions but i cant figure out how to get the images on here (3:)

i tried using an attatchment but i dunno if that worked or not

Attachments

• ultimantalquaza.png
    ultimantalquaza.png
    3.9 KB · Views: 83
^It's called Tinypic. Unregistered users (guests) can't see attachments, though it's fine for the rest of us.

And in future if you wish to post images make your own sprite thread.
That Rayquaza / Ho-oh / whatever splice looks awfully familiar... I'm sure I've seen it before. Anyone else feel the same way?

Back
Top Bottom