• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Most Bizarre Pokedex Entry V.2

Gomu Gomu

Thought I'd make a new thread discussing this topic since the last thread pertaining to the subject (as a whole) was, more or less, 8 months old.

Bizarre - Markedly unusual in appearance, style, or general character and often involving incongruous or unexpected elements; outrageously or whimsically strange; odd.

Ex.: Drifloon - Pearl - It tugs on the hands of children to steal them away. However, it gets pulled around instead.

Haha... I found that one pretty strange, but that's just one example. Feel free to post as many dex entries you see fit to being "bizarre" from any generation; discuss the entries further if you want.

Meh, bizarre sounds better now... lol.

Last edited:
I've recently taken an interest in Gliscor and I find its Platinum entry to be kind of silly...

"If it succeeds in catching even a faint breeze properly, it can circle the globe without flapping once."

That's... really impressive, until you consider it only needs a "faint breeze". Then it gets ridiculous.

I was randomly browsing through the 4th generation and came upon Rampardos's Platinum entry.

"If two were to smash their heads together, their foot-thick skulls would keep them from fainting."

Sure, it makes sense that they should be able to keep from fainting, but that foot-thick skull is just crazy. I might be a bit nit-picky here, but honestly, its head doesn't look big enough to have all the necessary organs and stuff plus a foot-thick skull.

Nowadays scientist types think that the large canal in the hip region of Stegosaurus's spine was where a glycogen body might be, rather than an actual brain-brain. Birds have them but we don't really know what they do anyway. Something about... supplying glycogen. :B

I'd say maybe it's a foot thick on account of the coney shape of the skull lump... thing, but Rampardos is only five feet tall so the skull at its thickest point is like 1/5 of the entire body... which is weird. x:

Nowadays scientist types think that the large canal in the hip region of Stegosaurus's spine was where a glycogen body might be, rather than an actual brain-brain. Birds have them but we don't really know what they do anyway. Something about... supplying glycogen. :B

I'd say maybe it's a foot thick on account of the coney shape of the skull lump... thing, but Rampardos is only five feet tall so the skull at its thickest point is like 1/5 of the entire body... which is weird. x:

How would it be able to hold up it's head? It's neck is kinda scrawny to hold up that much. O.O

Edit: I got a wierd entry for Mothim from Platinum-- "While it loves floral honey it wont gather any itself. Instead it plots to steal some from COMBEE"
What really get's me is the plot part. I think a Mothim scheming "Grand Theft Honey" is just odd. XD

Shellos's Platinum Pokédex entry is pretty awesome.
"Beware of pushing strongly on its squishy body, as it makes a mysterious purple fluid ooze out." What sort of fluid...?

Maybe Rampardos's skull is lightweight? I dunno, that's the only explanation I can think of.

I also found Wigglytuff's Yellow Pokedex entry to be interesting...

Its body is full of elasticity. By inhaling deeply, it can continue to inflate itself without limit.

I don't know why, but when I read that an image of a Wigglytuff exploding popped into my mind.

Igglybuff in DPPt.

"It has a soft and bouncy body. Once it starts bouncing, it becomes impossible to stop."

Oh the joys my Whirlwinding Skarmory could have with a couple of these things.

I find Magikarp's Platinum entry quite funny...

'A MAGIKARP living for many years can leap a mountain using Splash. The move remains useless, though'

WTF, it can leap a mountain?

Back
Top Bottom