• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

My somewhat-okay (I hope) Spritework

Re: My somewhat-okay (I hope) Pixel Overs

GIMP 2.6.6, I think.
Can't comment on the time thing if I don't know where you live, can I? But according to the forums' time, there's a six hour difference.
Just starting Shedinja now.

EDIT: Not done Shedinja, but edited Regigigas' Shading.
fw4sjd.jpg

Ah, GIMP. Great spriting program. Wish I had it. :sad:

I'm -5:00 GMT, so yeah, you must be somewhere in Europe (Or maybe Africa. :unsure:). I'm here in cotton flats, USA (not the actual place name, BTW. XD). :p

Regigigas is much better now. Looks great.

Oh wow. I just downloaded it and I'm blown away. Thanks for this download; it'll really help my spriting. I owe you one.

Last edited:

Thanks, and I will try to have the Shedinja up soon. By the way, I think your spriting was good before, so if it'll really help then I look forward to seeing it.
What did you use before?

MS Paint. Simplest of all the spriting programs, so I'm a little lost with all this stuff, but a few quick tutorials will help. (Heck, I was lost with Windows 7's Paint, but hey, doesn't help that I'm blonde and all, so...*NO DUMB BLONDE JOKES, PLEASE*)

I'm not the kind of person who makes those jokes. Also, I'm picking up Shedinja again since abandoning it after Pixelling... the eyes, I think. And only the eyes.

Last edited:

KronoGreen is. Go look at my VM's. ;_;

And the way you put it, when you make your pixel-overs, it sounds like you do just one part at a time as opposed to the whole thing at once. Is that true?

That's not nice. I'm blonde too. >:[
Not usually, but this time I did the eyes then went off to do something else and didn't return until... well, until then. Outlines are nearly done.

I'm going brunette this summer, so I won't have to put up with the idiotic jokes, >:[

So it all depends on what Pokemon you're doing then? That's cool.

(No fair! Your thread has more replies than mine! XD j/k)

No, I tend to do related parts at the same time (Wings, eyes, legs, etc.) but occasionally I just stop and go do something else for ages.
Hm, so it does. Well, mine was only started two days and four hours (and an unidentified number of seconds) after yours. What's j/k?

EDIT: Just outline shading to go.

Last edited:

The one humanoid PO I'm doing now is being done in that fashion, but by colors because his outfit has all sorts of crazy accoutrements and accessories of all different colors. It seems to go quicker that way.

And I was just kidding about the no fair part.

I know you were, the laughing smilie was a hint. And j/k means?
Also, just a small amount of outline shading to go and Shedinja can go up! Then it's a humanoid one for me too.

EDIT: And it's done! He's one hack of an overshaded Shed Shell, but I like him.
2z5jcqt.jpg

(Yes, I know he's technically genderless; I tend to refer to all genderless Pokémon in the masculine unless there's a reason to do otherwise, such as an obviously-female telepathic voice.)

Last edited:

I actually quite like these sprites, Houston.
Even though I can't do ANY sprites. They are good to me.

Houston?
But thanks.
G'doo to you too.

EDIT: This guy =/= Humanoid. I just felt like making it.
24l0vgk.jpg

Last edited:

Haha, gdoo. Wrong thread. XD

Shedinja's better than I expected. What's the artwork you used? Amazing overshading. Very good. I refer to Pokemon in that manner as well, especially legendaries. And j/k means just kidding. XD

What, Gdoo was in the wrong place and meant to be posting to someone called Houston?
I used... um, this. It's a shot from the anime.

Well, I'm Houston. Another alias I go by. gdoo's a newbie here and didn't know this wasn't my thread. Can't blame him.

Neat shot, though. I didn't notice it before, but it looks cross-eyed. It isn't your fault though; it's in the original shot as well. Still neat.

Those all look really good. The shading on Shedinja is really smooth.

Ryubane, how can you PO in MS paint?

@Ryubane: Ah, okay. I get it now.
Also, its eyes always point in, so there's not much I can do about that.
@_Ditto_: Thanks!
(I'd guess in a similar manner to in anything else, just with more difficulty?)

You mean the way I do, _Ditto_? Four words: Practice, Practice, Practice, and PATIENCE. XD That's why it's been taking my latest project so long because I literally have to do everything pixel-by-pixel, so it takes much longer than something like GIMP but it means the quality is better because I can fine-tune every single pixel the way I want them to be.

(Hope this isn't considered spamming your thread, Squornshellous)

Oh, and why do you people ask ME questions in OTHER PEOPLE'S THREADS???? Grrrr!!!
(Kidding, but still...)

Back
Top Bottom