• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

My supersplice

^This. Still, though, what bugs me worse than the sprite is the way this guy keeps begging for praise. You don't ask for high marks, you earn them or wait for some newb to come along and think it's the best thing evar.
We had this situation back a few months ago with Terry. These types of member will not take any notice of our advice or criticism at all, and just want praise for their crappy recolor/splice/whatever.

^Don't worry, I'm well aware of that. I just don't like to give up before saying I tried. ><

O_o... ok... read a spriting guide plz like Kai said...
Errors I found...
1. Saved as jpg
2. parts dont look attached
3. there are no wings on the other side of the body
4. legs are horrible
5. not neat

but if its your first sprite... well done...

We had this situation back a few months ago with Terry. These types of member will not take any notice of our advice or criticism at all, and just want praise for their crappy recolor/splice/whatever.

It also happened three years ago... with me. ;D

Upload the fixed version already!

...Please don't tell me that this is a command. When people give you advice on a sprite, you are the one that needs to fix it, not others. Kai sprited one as an example of what it should look like; no one is going to fix your sprite for you.

If that wasn't a command, then forgive me. xD;

What? No, nobody should be congratulated on this, even if it is a first sprite. I've seen and done much better first time rounders, and this is not one of them.

Will you calm down and get over it? Honestly, you are the biggest drama queen over sprites. Yes, he made a bad splice. If you don't like it, don't look at it, don't sit here in his thread and go on and on about how he's terrible and that he needs to improve. You did this with Terry, too. You could call it flaming.
If he doesn't deserve the attention of a great sprite when it's not a great sprite, then stop giving it to him. What do you get from going 'well I've seen so much better even if it is his first one no excuses he is not up to standard'? All it does is make you look like a pompous ass.

As you keep mentioning, he sounds like a person who isn't going to listen to criticism anyway, so stop wasting your time.
they're pixels for christ's sake

It is not relevant that you have done/seen better; you're not accomplishing anything other than being a bully. Is it really so important that this sprite isn't very good? It's like you posting a drawing on deviantART and everybody commenting about how bad it is.
And don't say that you're 'trying to help' - you gave a constructive post on the last page, but now you're just being mean.

Last edited:
If I had anything to do with this, I'm sorry... I was trying to give points of referance that I learned at Dragonfly cave spriting section... Here is a link

P.S. I was joking at the first part: ("If I had anything to do with this")

Back
Top Bottom