• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

NEED MOAR STONE EVOLUTIONS!

When making new pokémon for the next generation of games, Game Freak should really consider making them stone evolution pokémon - for some variety. And no pre/evolutions, either. Fuck that.

I think the addition of more stones was for continuity purposes - as in, if Magneton evolved with the Thunder Stone, it wouldn't make much sense continuity-wise as in previous games using the Stone on Magneton would, obviously, have no effect.

Zephyrous said it the best, really.
Although, more brand-new Pokemon lines with old stones would be good. They did it with Skitty, so..

Or how about if they sort of combined stone evolution with the D/P/Pt method whereby you can only evolve Pokémon at certain locations (a la Eevee > Leafeon/Glaceon, Nosepass/Magneton > Probopass/Magnezone)? That allows stone evolutions for old Pokémon but keeps the continuity unscathed because although one could try to use that stone on that Pokémon in earlier editions, one couldn't get to that location.

[/useless idea]

Or how about if they sort of combined stone evolution with the D/P/Pt method whereby you can only evolve Pokémon at certain locations (a la Eevee > Leafeon/Glaceon, Nosepass/Magneton > Probopass/Magnezone)? That allows stone evolutions for old Pokémon but keeps the continuity unscathed because although one could try to use that stone on that Pokémon in earlier editions, one couldn't get to that location.

[/useless idea]

I think that'd ruin the point.

You could make some prevos that only evolve into an already established family via stone evolution.

The Sun Stone needs more love... Only Bellossom and Sunflora can spawn from it, and they just forgot about it by 3rd Gen. Oh, and Thunder Stone is mostly ignored ever since 1ST. EFFING. GEN. Only Raichu and Jolteon come from it.

I think the addition of more stones was for continuity purposes - as in, if Magneton evolved with the Thunder Stone, it wouldn't make much sense continuity-wise as in previous games using the Stone on Magneton would, obviously, have no effect.

It'd be nice for Pokemon to eventually die, so that it can make a comeback with shitloads of revisions, like Nidoran being one Pokemon and similar things.

Back
Top Bottom