• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Nightmare Fuel

...I don't recall ever being actually scared at any point doing anything related to the Pokemon franchise. Except I guess that one time I lost my Silver version and became mildly distraught because I'd very nearly beaten it. But that... isn't fear so much.

I mean really. It looks like 90% of these entries were put there just for the sake of someone wanting to put something on a TVtropes page. Which is 90% of TVtropes.

Yeah, 85% of the stuff on the horror tv tropes is bullshit and not scary or creepy or anything at all.

I certainly hope this do not apply for the Ralts line, because they're too awesome to be scared of.

I'm not really scared of anything from Pokémon, some other games turn me off at times, thought.

Cursed Leorina's roar is miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiindfuck. D:

Nah, the Ralts line isn't quite human enough to bug me.

I'd rate some of this as "creepily strange if you think way too much into it and don't just dismiss everything with 'it's a game duhhh'". The rest, yeah, no :3

# The fact that the only time you can catch Rotom is at night is not cool with this troper, as you are forced to go into the Old Chateau at night. Real time night.
# And it comes out of a haunted television.
# A television that's mysteriously turned on, in a long-abandoned mansion...
# A wide screen plasma television.
How did I not notice anything out of place in these last two points xD

I'd rate some of this as "creepily strange if you think way too much into it and don't just dismiss everything with 'it's a game duhhh'". The rest, yeah, no :3

Exactly what I was thinking. I don't really find any of this that scary. If I think about really really REALLY hard, it kind of creeps me out if it's midnight and really dark and quiet and I'm alone and I'm tired and I just watched a horror movie. Otherwise, meh.

I bloody love this article. Especially the part about the anitdote in the trash and the Darkrai business.

The this-stuff-is-not-at-all-scary effect comes about through two interacting factors. For one thing, people on TV Tropes exaggerate to plug stuff they like on the pages they see. Any mildly thought-out evil plot has to be a Xanatos Gambit; anything slightly creepy has to be Nightmare Fuel; anything somewhat cool has to be a Crowning Moment of Awesome; anything a little sad has to be a Tear Jerker. It's not just for the sake of putting something on the page, but if they think of something as slightly creepy they're not going to ask themselves, "Wait, is this really creepy enough for this page?" For another thing, this is the combined slightly creepy opinions of hundreds of people: if any one of them finds Gengar slightly creepy, it's going to get on the page, regardless of whether anybody else at all finds it so.

I REFUSE TO CLICK!
If I go into that wiki, I'll be stuck there for hours before I can finally wrench myself away ;-;

tab_explosion.png

Back
Top Bottom