• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

NINJATOES vs Wuffles

=ROUND TEN=
NINJATOES (ƟƟƟ)
seviper
Nithhoggr (M)
Ability: Shed Skin
Health: 74% | Energy: 45%
Item: Black Sludge
Status: "I'll show that bastard Yukianesa... as soon as I can move". paralysed (moderate). Has a substitute with 4% health.
Chills: 0/3
Direct healing: 0/1
Payback/Flamethrower/Shed Skin ~ Crunch/Dark Pulse/Shed Skin ~ Crunch/Dark Pulse/Shed Skin

Wuffles (ƟƟƟ)
froslass
Yukianesa (F)
Ability: Snow Cloak
Health: 100% | Energy: 86%
Item: NeverMeltIce
Status: considerably peckish. Pebble Jet used up; -1% damage from all physical attacks made.
Avalanche / Thunderbolt / Ice Beam ~ Blizzard ~ Blizzard

=IN RESERVE=
Ammy.png

Amaturasu (F)
Ability: Inner Focus
Health: 38% | Energy: 35%
Item: Soothe Bell

With Nithhoggr squirming madly in an attempt to wrestle back control of his muscles, Yukianesa takes the opportunity to do something about that pesky roof. Holding her arms outstretched, she summons a ring of floating icy boulders that spin round her and one by one releases them, sending them soaring at the roof. The first smashes on impact into a few icy shards and a shower of meltwater. The next few hit a huge crack, and the unstable canopy begins to crumble and cave in. With her last stone Yukianesa shatters the ceiling and sends a heap of broken metal and electrical paraphernalia crumbling down in a pile and crushing her opponent. With it comes a great shower of hail that happily pummels everything it can find on the now-alfresco side of the field at Blazhy's end. After a moment Nithhoggr manages to dig his way through the rubble apparently unscathed, unlike the substitute he attempts to drag with him, which melts back to the sludge it was born from in his jaws. Infuriated at the loss of his bodyguard, and irritated by the heavy stream of hailstones pummeling him silly, Nithhoggr decides to get even. He charges his tail blade with a dark, malicious energy while slithering rapidly towards Yukianesa. With a furious hiss he lifts his tail and plunges it through his opponent's chest, and she shrieks in agony as all of Nithhoggr's malice is converted into pain. He wrenches the blade back out through Yukianesa's body and gives her a malevolent smirk before slithering back to his own end of the field.

Yukianesa scowls at her cocky opponent and decides to get even herself. Now the roof's down it's time to use the hail to its full potential. The air in the arena grows bitterly cold and the wind picks up, blowing with it a large quantity of snow to go with the hailstones. Yukianesa raises her arms and suddenly the bitter air blasts through the area at incredible speeds, creating a savage snowstorm and pummeling Nithhoggr relentlessly with gale-force, subzero winds and clumps of ice and snow. When finally the onslaught lets up, Nithhoggr's form can roughly be made out through the thick hailstorm, immobilised and completely encased in ice.

While Blazhy stares in astonishment at her Seviper ice statue, Yukianesa gears up to make life even more miserable for Nithhoggr, the air in the arena grows ice-cold once more and the wind accelerates to tremendous speed, blasting the frozen Nithhoggr with more chunks of ice. However his thick casing of ice provides adequate protection from the freezing wind, as well as the hailstones beating down on him.

NINJATOES (ƟƟƟ)
seviper
Nithhoggr (M)
Health: 54% | Energy: 40%
Status: bloody freezing. Paralysed (mild), frozen (severe).
Payback ~ Crunch/Dark Pulse/Shed Skin ~ Crunch/Dark Pulse/Shed Skin

Wuffles (ƟƟƟ)
froslass
Yukianesa (F)
Health: 85% | Energy: 68%
Status: smug as hell. Pebble Jet used up; -1% damage from all physical attacks made.
Avalanche ~ Blizzard ~ Blizzard

=IN RESERVE=
Ammy.png

Amaturasu (F)

=REFEREE'S NOTES=
~ it is hailing (1 more action).
~ the roof caving in on Nithhoggr dealt Avalanche's base power in physical Steel damage.
~ the Hail now has full effect on Blazhy's side of the field but continues to be diminished on Dwagie's side.
~ the first Blizzard froze Nithhoggr. Damnit Dwagie do you like eat leprechauns
~ the freezing caused by Blizzard, I reckon, would be severe enough to cause total immobilisation rather than just being slowed down or hindered.

=NEXT ROUND=
~ Wuffles attacks
~ Blazhy attacks

Last edited:
......fffffff :c
on many accounts, mind you. Blazhy I swear I didn't think I ate THAT many leprechauns maybe I got a little overboard at that buffet though-
oh also I am a latebie, yes.

uhm uhm.... alright not much else to do blizzard the everloving crap outta him Yuki.. moreso than before. And if you can't use and/or hit with Blizzard.... use Spikes instead and make for some unpleasantness over yonder.
Oh, but, reboot the hail on turn 2. But if for some reason you can't get hail back up and have to attack, use Ice Beams instead.

Blizzard / Spikes ~ Hail / Ice Beam ~ Blizzard / Spikes / Ice Beam

According to Negrek if a Pokemon is completely frozen then it shouldn't take damage from Blizzard and similar attacks. So I think Nithhoggr should have a bit more health, and maybe Sable can re-command if she wants...?

fff damnit now I need to do more maths. BACKWARD MATHS

Anyway I reversed the Blizzard damage, and the hail as well. Sable, go ahead and re-command, since your target now has over 20% more health and resists your entire command string. :v

hahaha oh wow- okay then! late again, I need like, a watch or something. Or a better work ethic.

Okay so scratching the whole 'spam ice lawl' thing... gorammit Yuki you really don't /have/ anything besides spam ice lawl. :C hrml.

Okay, let's go for this then, he wants to hide beside icy armour (that we totally aren't responsible for I swear blame the RNG gods and goddesses) then let's wreck his mind with a little Psychic. Sod it, if he's going to be all ~frozen~ and such, just spam it.

Now Spikes aren't the best with an immobile snake and an even more immobile backup waiting in the wings, but if for some reason you can't hit him, you may as well toss some down. It least it'll make it hurt when he falls over. :V

And if you can attack, but not with Psychic, use Shadow Ball. Good enough.

Psychic / Spikes / Shadow Ball x3

Well we're in a pretty pickle. :/ But ah, the RNG gods are fickle. Hey that rhymed! I'm a poet and I didn't even know it- *bricked*

Mm'kay, anyway (I should stop rhyming stuff). Let's just have Yukianesa flail around and waste some energy. Chill the first action, then try to melt some of the ice by using Flamethrower. Your jaws are probably frozen shut, but the heat from the fire should aid in melting the ice. If, by some miracle, you're out of the ice on action three (or your head is, at least), then well, spit the Flamethrower at Yukianesa.

Chill ~ Flamethrower ~ Flamethrower

=ROUND ELEVEN=
NINJATOES (ƟƟƟ)
seviper
Nithhoggr (M)
Health: 54% | Energy: 40%
Status: bloody freezing. Paralysed (mild), frozen (severe).

Wuffles (ƟƟƟ)
froslass
Yukianesa (F)
Health: 85% | Energy: 68%
Status: smug as hell. Pebble Jet used up; -1% damage from all physical attacks made.
Psychic / Spikes / Shadow Ball ~ Psychic / Spikes / Shadow Ball ~ Psychic / Spikes / Shadow Ball

=IN RESERVE=
Ammy.png

Amaturasu (F)

Yukianesa gives a disheartened grumble; her opponent may be completely immobilised, but what good is that if she's unable to hurt him? After a quick think, she concludes that if she can't harm Nithhoggr bodily, perhaps she can mess with his brain. Placing her hands on her head, she channels her psychic energies and uses them to tap into Nithhoggr's head, seizing control of his movement. Forcing his stiff muscles to comply, she forces him to contort in ways that simply weren't meant to be contorted in, which squeezed into a tomb of ice feel even more excruciatingly painful. Cracks form in his ice cocoon from the pressure of his warping body, but still spare no room to manouevre. With all control of his body seized, Nithhoggr can do nothing but try to shut out the pain, squeezing his eyes shut and pretending it's not happening. When Yukianesa's control is relinquished, he can at least manage to relax a little bit, fully recovering his stiff muscles.

His break is to be very short-lived, however. Rather pleased with the effectiveness of her first Psychic, Yukianesa decides more mental and muscular torture is in order; her eyes glow blue as she again fires up her psychic powers and taps into Nithhoggr's brain. Again the Seviper's body contorts painfully, the ice cracking off into chunks encasing lengths of his body and facilitating easier wringing of his serpentine form. Despite the painful twisting, Nithhoggr is at least able to very stiffly move; he decides to help the thawing even further by opening his jaw as much as the ice will allow and breathing a small wisp of flame onto his frozen helmet. Immediately the ice shrinks away from the searing heat, evaporating straight away and clearing up room for its captor to vapourise all the ice encasing the remainder of his head. Though his body is still frozen and cumbersome to move, Nithhoggr's head is finally free to attack.

Greatly displeased by this development, Yukianesa decides more psychic punishment is in order. Taking control of Nithhoggr's newly-exposed head, she begins slamming it again and again into the ground, chunks of broken ice, the Pokémon selection wheel, anything she can drag Nithhoggr into. She lets Nithhoggr go, and as a result of the brain control and head trauma, the Seviper feels rather mentally weakened. In spite of this, he knows he has to make that Froslass pay. Raising his somewhat bruised head, he opens his mouth wide and unleashes a stream of flame at his opponent. Yukianesa cries out in horror as she is enveloped by the raging cloud of hot, burny fire. Nithhoggr grins devilishly as he listens to his opponent's cries of pain; turns out revenge is actually best served hot.

NINJATOES (ƟƟƟ)
seviper
Nithhoggr (M)
Health: 12% | Energy: 45%
Chills: 1/3

Wuffles (ƟƟƟ)
froslass
Yukianesa (F)
Health: 70% | Energy: 50%
Status: a little too warm. Pebble Jet used up; -1% damage from all physical attacks made.
Psychic ~ Psychic ~ Psychic

=IN RESERVE=
Ammy.png

Amaturasu (F)

=REFEREE'S NOTES=
~ chilling cured Nithhoggr's paralysis.
~ the Psychics helped break up the ice, which Flamethrower then cleared enough for Nithhoggr to attack. The A&A guide says being struck by fire should eliminate freezing completely, but Nithhoggr never breathed fire on his whole body, so.
~ the last Psychic reduced Nithhoggr's Special Defense.

=NEXT ROUND=
~ Blazhy attacks
~ Sable attacks

It seems like you haven't factored in Black Sludge recovery this round? idk why I'm pointing it out since I'll die to another Psychic anyway...

It seems like you haven't factored in Black Sludge recovery this round? idk why I'm pointing it out since I'll die to another Psychic anyway...
I distinctly remember adding 3% health to Nithhoggr at some point, so. He took 15% damage from each Psychic, and 54 - 15 - 15 - 15 + 3 = 12.

Guess our scales are different then. Screw my luck aaa ): One last question: is Nithhoggr still frozen to the ground or can he move his entire body to some degree?

Nuhh sorry for lateness... Unfortunately I have one more question to ask of you, Mike. Could I specifically order a Pokemon to restore say, 33% health over the 3 actions Rest spans?

...now you mention it that's probably a damn good way to ref it in the first place.
Sure, I guess you could get away with that.

Okay, great. Nithhoggr, we're in a tight spot but this is what we're going to do, and (hopefully) it will work! If Yukianesa attacks you with anything that looks particularly dangerous (nothing tiny like Tackle or Icy Wind), cycle between Protect and Endure, starting with Protect. And if she doesn't attack you, Rest, and Chill on any subsequent turns.

Protect/Rest ~ Endure/Rest/Chill ~ Protect/Rest/Chill

(I'm so going to lose this damn leprechauns *shakes fist*)

=ROUND TWELVE=
NINJATOES (ƟƟƟ)
seviper.png

Nithhoggr (M)
Health: 12% | Energy: 45%
Protect/Rest ~ Endure/Rest/Chill ~ Protect/Rest/Chill

Wuffles (ƟƟƟ)
froslass.png

Yukianesa (F)
Health: 70% | Energy: 50%
Status: a little too warm. Pebble Jet used up; -1% damage from all physical attacks made.

=IN RESERVE=
Ammy.png

Amaturasu (F)

The battle is beginning to take rather a grim turn, both for Nithhoggr and for the poor, innocent leprechauns Sable savagely crams into her mouth. Apparently indifferent as to whether the mythical beings die in vain, Nithhoggr coats his body in a shimmering blue film of energy to ward off any attacks Yukianesa throws at him. The Froslass again summons her psychic abilities, attempting to seize Nithhoggr's mind once again, but the shield around him glows and turns opaque, preventing her from getting through to him.

Grumbling in annoyance as the shield dissipates, Yukianesa refuses to give up; she strengthens her mental abilities and tries again, as Nithhoggr covers his body in another bluish coat of energy. His opponent grunts in frustration, but nonetheless tries her Psychic anyway, and is surprised to see that it actually works this time. She grins victoriously as she lifts the snake into the air; stupid invincibility shields are no match for her psychic powers! She brutally slams Nithhoggr into the ground over and over, chunks of ice smashing away from his body as he shrieks in pain from each impact. With a maniacal snicker, Yukianesa lifts him high up above the surface of the ground, ready to send him for once last plunge to put him out of action for good; but just as she lets go, the blue sheen on Nithhoggr's body glows brightly, and when his body races downward and slams into the floor the light vanishes, and Nithhoggr is mysteriously left just clinging onto the edge of consciousness by the skin of his fangs.

Yukianesa gives a snarl of utter frustration; why won't this stupid snake die?! His stupid, cowardly, underhanded stalling tactics are beginning to get really old. Well, she doesn't care what he does now, he is going out this action whatever it takes. Which shouldn't be much; Nithhoggr is barely able to stay standing (or whatever snakes do), barely inches from slipping off the crumbling brink of consciousness. Every fiber of his being begs for him to rest and recuperate, but if his trainer wants him to drag this thing on even longer, then that's what he is determined to do. Giving a ragged cough, he tries again to summon an indestructible shield of energy to protect himself; however, much as he tries, no shield will come. Just as he begins to panic an unseen force scoops him up and slams him into the nearest wall, and that's all he can handle. The Seviper immediately loses consciousness, his icy covering melting right away, but Yukianesa isn't finished yet as she swings him through the air every which way, smashing him into the floor, walls and ceiling while cackling maniacally. After a severe scolding from the referee, she eventually calms down and releases the lifeless reptile, allowing him to be recalled to the safety of his Pokéball.

NINJATOES (ƟƟƟ)
seviper.png

Nithhoggr (M)
Health: 0% | Energy: 27%
Protect ~ Endure ~ Protect

Wuffles (ƟƟƟ)
froslass.png

Yukianesa (F)
Health: 70% | Energy: 32%
Status: "DEATH. DEATH TO EVERYONE". Pebble Jet used up; -1% damage from all physical attacks made.

=IN RESERVE=
Ammy.png

Amaturasu (F)

=REFEREE'S NOTES=
~ as of Gen V, Endure and Protect used successively reduce each other's chance of working, so Protect failed on the third action.

=NEXT ROUND=
~ Blazhy sends out
~ Sable attacks
~ Blazhy attacks

D< Well fine. Stupid leprechauns, never listen to what I say. *kicks one*

Phalanx is my only hope! Make me proud! (actually I'm pretty doubtful that I'll win this haha)

...No I'm pretty sure I'll be outright murdered by Phalanx now. :C (plus I totally don't deserve to win for all these leprechauns I've eaten, karma mang)

Okay Yuki start by taunting him so he can't like, spam stockpile, cause fffff.
Then.. go for Toxic, because we really need the residual damage.
Lastly.. Chill, we'll need the energy.
And if you can't hit with Toxic on action 2, chill instead and Toxic on action 3 instead. Unless for some reason you still can't. In which case, keep chilling. No pun. Or maybe it is.

Taunt ~ Toxic / Chill ~ Chill / Toxic

Back
Top Bottom