• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Nonsensical, Contradictory and/or Stupid Things in Video Games

In pokemon, you seem to never sleep, and when you save your character is left in that same position.

The elite four appear to have an infinite amount of money and no matter how many times you are told you are champion, you always have to fight "the champion"

Also, when you beat another trainer, they seem to stay in that one area for the rest of the game , and the only thing they can say is about you.
So not only do you destroy they're pokemon and steal their money, you also destroy the way they think, as if their whole world has completely failed from one loss.

Shooting a rocket at your feet makes you jump higher and totally doesn't kill you! (Every game where you can rocket jump).

Oh, and in Civilization, spearmen can beat tanks with way more probability that they should have.

If someone's said this one before, forgive me. I don't feel like going through the whole thread at the moment:

How the hell can Knuckles glide? There is nothing airborne about echidnas. o_O

How the hell can Knuckles glide? There is nothing airborne about echidnas. o_O
There is nothing airborne about foxes either. Or rabbits.
no kindly STFU
No need for that, quite frankly.

In the ace attorney saga,
lots of prosecutors present illegal evidence and get off scott free, while Phoenix [apparently] does it once and gets his attorneys badge taken away?

^ Why does Tabuu hire Wario of all people to get trophies when there are people like Ganondorf around. Also why doesn't crazy hand controlled?

There is nothing airborne about foxes either. Or rabbits.

But at least Tails and Cream are given a method of flight, even if it's biologically impossible. Knuckles just kind of...does. He doesn't even have those arm-flaps like a flying squirrel.

But at least Tails and Cream are given a method of flight, even if it's biologically impossible. Knuckles just kind of...does. He doesn't even have those arm-flaps like a flying squirrel.

Exactly.

Also, echidnas look almost Identical to hedgehogs, so why does knuckles look so different?

Do you have Nightmare in Dreamland or Kirby's Adventure? They are the same game, except Adventure is on the NES and is not as easy.

Um, in pokemon Snap, how do you ride on the Rainbow Cloud if it is a, well, rainbow cloud that floats in space? Is that a dream course too?

Nightmare in Dreamland. I also have Canvas Curse, The Amazing Mirror and The Crystal Shards, but considering how many courses CC has there's more than one that could be considered dream courses, and in TCS I haven't gotten very far. xD

Yeah, Rainbow Cloud is technically a dream course too. Come on, Mew's on it! :P

In the first Pokémon Ranger, you never appear to sleep either (at least in the mainstream Pokémon games, one could consider the save periods "sleeping"), so it's as if the game takes place in one day. I never could figure out when the sleep periods were supposed to take place, since when the game asks you to save something usually happens right after you say yes or no. At least the second Ranger has sleep periods...

Nightmare in Dreamland. I also have Canvas Curse, The Amazing Mirror and The Crystal Shards, but considering how many courses CC has there's more than one that could be considered dream courses, and in TCS I haven't gotten very far. xD

It would be well worth it to finish the Crystal Shards. K64 is one of my favorite games ever, and is my favorite in the Dreamland series. I like KATAM and KSSU better, but they technically aren't part of the original series.

Yeah, Rainbow Cloud is technically a dream course too. Come on, Mew's on it! :P

Not to mention that there are giant pokemon made of stars....reminds me a little of Rainbow Road.

In the first Pokémon Ranger, you never appear to sleep either (at least in the mainstream Pokémon games, one could consider the save periods "sleeping"), so it's as if the game takes place in one day. I never could figure out when the sleep periods were supposed to take place, since when the game asks you to save something usually happens right after you say yes or no. At least the second Ranger has sleep periods...

Yes, but also in the main stream games even if it takes you days to beat the game the amount of time you actually spend on it will be just a little under 24 hours. Basically you never sleep in pokemon, though I like to go on the beds and save sometimes to create the illusion of sleeping.

In Brawl, Mei Ling tells Snake that Lucario's Aura is like his life force, which he turns into power, wouldn't that mean that he damages himself? Also, the more damage Lucario have, the more damage he do, if he uses his own life force, wouldn't he get weaker if he looses life force?

In Brawl, Mei Ling tells Snake that Lucario's Aura is like his life force, which he turns into power, wouldn't that mean that he damages himself? Also, the more damage Lucario have, the more damage he do, if he uses his own life force, wouldn't he get weaker if he looses life force?

For the first part, I'd assume Lucario would be unharmed by it, or that he only uses it harmfully when he needs to, so that he wouldn't hurt himself.

As for the second part, you got me. >>

In Professor Layton and the Mysterious Village how can a tower be built up by houses like that?

Heres a good question. Is it the same Yoshi in every mario game? There are a whole species and a lot help Mario out but that would also mean that every yoshi can, play tennis, endure several minigames, drive, save babies and brawl.

Has anybody noticed that in Pokemon Colisium jumpluff's shadow shows that it's puffs are actualy squares? Did the programers forgot to edit the polygons they used?

What is Link anyways? In OoT he's not a kokiri because he can leave the forest without dieing, in WW he lives on an island and has "rare" pointy ears, and in TP he lives in a village. He can't be an elf because those don't exist in The Legend of Zelda, so what is he?

I've never finished it, so i don't know if there is some SECRET FORCE PREVENTING YOU but

in ff7, why didn't they just use a phoenix down

Back
Top Bottom