• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

(Now doing requests!) The Place Where I Dump My Sprites

Dar

oops, did it again
Pronoun
they
As the title states, I shall dump my sprites here.

Splices:
unnamedpokesprite6.png
18538382.png
skitei.png
unovastarters.png

A Semi-Different Kind Of Splices:
unfinidhed3.png
newsprite.png
unfinished4.png

Recolors: (Most of these will be shadow pokemon.)
shadowcubone.png
shadowmarowak.png

Eggs:
substituteegg.png

Minor Edits:
fourleafsunkern.png

Scratch:
glowormpokemon.png

Re/Devamps:
machoprevamp.png
devampedninetales.png
revampedmagikarp.png

Inverts:
invertedoddish.png
invertedgastrodoneast.png

Now accepting requests!
Form:

Type: (Any form of spriting I've showcased, except for scratch.)
Pokemon: (Up to eight on a splice.)
Other: (...)

Last edited:
Re: The Place Where I Dump My Sprites

The first splice is Skitty, Poochyena, Munna, Persian, and Eevee. And I'm glad you like the Cubone.

There's Persian in there? O.o
I likes your egg.

I used Persian for the eyes. Also, thanks! One day Atem's Girlfriend asked me to make an egg for a Substitute, and bam.

Hey, I have no ideas. Suggestions?

Gonna give you a little crit here, then offer up an idea or two.

unnamedpokesprite6.png

missing tail outline; you missed a brown pixel; there's the outline of a flower on the belly still, did you leave it on purpose? ; the dark spot on the back, is it supposed to be shading or a pattern? because ether way the shading in it is lighter than the dark patch, you should fix that. I like the face on this one though.

18538382.png

Missing head outline; otherwise good.

unfinidhed3.png

The belly shading is off, and has a lot more shades than the rest, so it looks weird; if the blue spots on the face are eyes, they don't look it, and are slightly mismatched; some other purple outlines are too light; otherwise it's good!

As for an idea: try splicing two or three different 'mons who have names starting with the same letter? For example, Dragonite, Ditto, and Dunsparce, but just whatever letter you want. There was a spriting contest with that theme a bit ago.

Also, try spriting some things with Mew? Mew goes well with almost anything.

Thanks for the crits! I kinda noticed the things on the purple whatever and the Pichu-Igglybuff splice, but still. Also, thanks for the suggestions.

A little crit on the first splice: there's a part on the front ear where the shading looks kinda weird to me.
And some suggestions. Splicing pokemon with the same body style or pokedex color...? That would be cool.

Pokedex color? I don't understand.

Also, I've attempted my first scratch sprite, and even though it's not done, I'm posting what I have anyways.
glowormpokemon.png

It is a glow worm. I shall call it Meridorm (from the Latin word meridiem, meaning glow, and worm, the English word for worm.)

Pokedex color = that annoying thing you can search Pokemon up with in your Pokedex in the games
I like Meridorm. You're a really good scratch spriter!

@Pokedex Color: Oh, you mean that Pokedex thing from RSE?

@Meridorm: Thank you!

Yep. (Though I think it's in B/W too.)
You're welcome!

Last edited:

Just made a new sprite.
skitei.png

It is... SKITEI! :3

Today I made my first attempt at a revamp.
machoprevamp.png

After making this, I realized for the first time that MACHOP HAS A TAIL.

I has idea! Make a splice with each of the three starters! :D It's just a suggestion, though. All your sprites look epic. Once I tried recoloring a Skitty to plain white, and I gave up.

Out of complete boredom, I made a Gloom devamp.
devampedgloom.png

Back
Top Bottom