• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Objection! (Ace Attorney fan-club)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADFSDAGDA AWESOME!

Oh god that was fricking awesome :D!
Right from the start with that awesome shot of Edgeworth standing in the dark with a shady guy standing behind him. I'm not the only one who thought that was incredibly badass, right xD?
Portsman was an awesome villain and I love how good he was at manipulating the conversation to his will; his sprites were awesome too (COAT FLAP) and his freak-out made me laugh xD
Speaking of sprites, they're brilliant; from brand new Edgeworth and Gumshoe sprites to the overworld sprites that actually interact with each other now and then.
AND MAGGEY. I was not expecting to see her back. Much less as the accused. Her security guard outfit was cool though~, although from what I can gather, this is some time after 2-1 (but before 3-3 at the very least, it's very vague about when it happens).
The contradictions were well thought out, especially the door-tag and basketball hoop ones. It felt so awesome when it all just clicked. Ahh, it's been too long xD

Funnily enough, the game feels similar enough to the main series to be comfortable, but still different enough to feel new. I was disappointed when I heard there'd be no court scenes, but we still get cross-examinations (with a different name at least) and brand new "Courtroom sequence" OST. I'm paticuarly liking the new Announce the truth theme so far =3

...Okay I'm done fangasming, I'll stop torturing those of you that don't have it D:

No idea if I already joined this club, but yeah.

Big PW fan. :D Just finished Apollo Justice a while ago, and now I'm playing Trials and Tribulations! And it is awesome because EEEEE I just got to the Edgeworth case. Which I will call the Edgeworth case even though it's mostly about Godot, Mia and all of them lot. Just. Edgeworth.

I actually think Apollo Justice was one of the best of the series; it had really, really good cases with lots of great characters. And I didn't hate them all as much as I thought I would! (Although really, what the heck is up with Apollo's name. ._.)

As you can tell from my avatar, I absolutely adore Hobo Phoenix in every way. <3

I think Investigations is out in a few days here, and on Amazon preorder for £15, wtf. So I'm definitely going to get that. :D

So! Earlier today I stopped by a local Gamestop to pick up AAI and the following happened:

Guy working there: *upon seeing AAI* Excellent choice.
My dad: Are you just saying that, or -
Guy working there: No, I mean it. It's a great game. I bought it the day it came out.
My dad: But didn't it only come out a few days ago? You've already played it?
Guy working there: Yeah, and I got addicted to it. All the Ace Attorney games are good.

Then after some short weird convo between me and my dad:

Guy working there: I want to be in Japan, though, to see the play...
Me: OMG YES
My dad: A play? Like a stage play?
Guy working there: Yeah, they've made it a play and shown it twice now and I want to see it.
Me: Me too!
My dad: You've heard about that?
Me: Yeah! I know about it.
Guy working there: *hands me the game after the transaction's gone through* Download the soundtrack, too.
Me: I SHOULD
Guy working there: You ever been to court-records.net?
Me: Yeah.
Guy working there: Go there, they've got the whole soundtrack and everything.
Me: I will. :D *takes game and leaves*

Best dorky conversation ever.

Haven't gotten AAI yet, hopefully will soon (and AJ, if I can swing it >>;) Don't have time for them right away because there are a few other games I need to work through first, but on the plus side hopefully I will be dragging Negrek in here soon! one of us one of us

That is so great, Leafpool. XD One of the reasons why I'd like to work in a video games store is to have dorky conversations with people buying good games.

MY AA:I arrived today, yaaaay~ Now I'm off to go play it! |D

Haha, that conversation sounds awesome XD
The guy who sold me my first AA game told me it was fantastic (but, it being my first game and all, didn't realize how right he was and wasn't able to fangirl with him), and a few weeks ago I talked a friend of mine into buying T&T because it was £5 and the guy who sold it said how great it was and he and I got into a bit of a fannish discussion that, I think, disturbed my friend (who doesn't really understand fandom and suchlike) a little.

People who work in game shops are normally really fun and geeky. I'd love to work in one (a game shop, not a game shop employee).

Also, @Kratos, yesssss you have to persuade her.

I've ordered Investigations from Amazon as my birthday present from Shadey (my, aren't boyfriends convenient). :D I think it was supposed to arrive in 3-7 business days, so that hopefully means sometime this week. Yaaaay.

Also yay for fannish game shop employees. I always get ridiculously giddy when I meet random people who like something I like.

There's a fanclub about one of my main obssessions around here. Should have known.

I got AAI the day it came out. I was intending to not rush it, but I got tempted to keep going, and now I'm probably at the last case.

I suppose the best surprise was to discover that
the Oldbag is back

ADSFGASDF JUST FINISHED CASE THREE AND HOLY FUCK AWESOME.
Okay, first things first, Case two. FRANZISKAAAA~
I knew she was in the game but I didn't expect her to turn up so soon hell yeah ;_;
She's just as awesome as ever and she still lapses into her FOOLISH FOOLS rants every now and then and she whips Gumshoe all the time and <33
Cammy was an awesome character. I've seen a lot of people say they disliked her but I thought she was adorable the whole way through. She also proved that falling asleep sprites can work just fine (as Yanni Yogi failed to do). Honestly, I loved her sprites, especially that one with the huge grin. Her breaking down sprites were awesome as well; bubblesssss. Not to mention her freak-out with all the bubble explosions. It was awesome considering how stubborn she was and how long it took to finally take her down xD
It's a shame she was the murderer though; I had a nasty feeling it was her when I first saw her but oh well~
The concept though, that being, a closed circle, is one of my favourite settings ever (If you couldn't tell by my obsession with Mitadake High) so I really enjoyed this case.
The contradictions were really awesome though, especially the one about the statue not being there. It was so epic when Edgeworth figured out exactly what happened all in the space of a few seconds while the Borginian guy (I didn't like him much, so I've forgotten his name) was falling. Speaking of which, I wasn't expecting Borginia to show up. I guess that, like the Steel Samurai, the Blue Badger, etc, it's going to be something that Capcom like to bring up whenever possible. Not that that's really a bad thing though.
Sal Manella's cameo had me by surprise xD. I wasn't expecting him, or a new meme density record in one conversation in a video game,
And oh god I loved Edgey's "The clouds...they tell me nothing" line. Similarly, his "You fail" in the first case which I forgot to mention. Fuck I love the writing in this series so much ;_;

Case three, wheee~
Fuck
No
NO
NOOOOO
OLLLDBAAAAAAAGGGGGG D:
Fgsdfsgs why must she continue to haunt me ;_;
Bah, anyway, I love what they did with the Badger costumes. It made some brilliant contradictions and added a huge layer of mystery to the whole thing. And we now have an explanation as to why Wocky, a Mafia son, has a Blue Badger on his shirt. BAD BADGER. Am I the only one who thought the picture of the good Badger team's confrontation with the Bad Badger was utterly awesome? And Proto Badger...christ, they have to add one every game, don't they xD
Ok, I know Proto was there from the beginning but he was just the Blue Badger until now.
...I want to know who was in the Proto-Badger suit you learn about the performance from xD

I find it amusing that Capcom is taking every opportunity possible to use Edgey's bondage sprites.

Kay's an awesome character so far. It's a little worrying that she's flaunting the fact that she's the Yatagarsu around everywhere during a Police investigation and nobody seems to care. Edgeworth lampshades it at one point so whatever xD
Little Thief was nifty, if extremely ridiculous. Still, it was much better than the crime scene recreation mode that was in Apollo Justice. I loved the conversation with Gumshoe where Kay says she'll let him play with it after the case. Oh god I lol'd xD

Aside from that though, this case felt weak in certain areas. I didn't really like the murderer that much, and his Dad was a bastard >:l
Lauren was hilarious though, with her constant "Must not fall in love with Edgeworth" lines. Oddly enough, when I first saw her, I thought two things. One; "Damn, with my luck this is probably the killer,"
Two; "Hey she's licking an over-sized ring. Is it one of those ring pop things that were around when I was a kid or something?"
I didn't expect to be right xD
And then I figured out the pun in her name. Even before anyone referred to her with her nickname.
I have an IRL friend called Lauren, who's also a rabid PW fan, so I'm looking forward to her reaction when she gets to this case xD

Ema's reappearance felt sort of forced, to be honest. All she did was find a set of footprint and then did nothing else at all (despite that they had a perfect chance for her to do something at the end when they needed a luminol test on the sword ;_;)

As for our Interpol friend, he's fairly cool, although his constant being an ass to Edgey started to get irritating. Is it me, or are people with a grudge against lawyers starting to get old?
(I don't agree that Not-so-fast is an appropriate substitute for Objection :'( )

Yes I am aware that that was completely unorganized and disjointed, not to mention unecessarily wrong but SHUT UP I MUST FANGASM ;_;

And it's over. I beat the game.

Case-breaking Samurai Dogs. As well as a Scooby-Doo reference in the middle of a case-finishing sequence.
I suppose the Ace Attorney series insists on being amusing regardless of the moment.

Hee, I beat the last case like two hours after I was supposed to be asleep last night.

God Alba was a bitch to cross-examine. I swear he came up with an objection like TEN TIMES before the end

Also, I read AAI stuff on TV Tropes a while back. When the game came out, the only thing I could remember was that someone named Kay Faraday committed murder. Then when I remembered reading that in the middle of the third case I was all "What. No. Kay wouldn't kill anyone :<"

then she got accused of murder and I was all "aaaa nooo Kay can't have done iiiit ;~;" but she didn't so.

Random facts:
-I guessed that Shih-na was Calisto a while before it was revealed.
-I guessed that Alba did it a while before any of them thought about it.
-I had a suspicion that Lang's accusation of Franziska was so far-fetched that maybe it was only done to get the group back into Alba's office... and then dropped it once Lang kept accusing Franny. Turns out I was right anyway. xD

God Alba was a bitch to cross-examine. I swear he came up with an objection like TEN TIMES before the end
Damn straight. Those constant "excuse me now i'm gonna leav-" "HOLD IT!" were kinda tiring. This guy's probably the new recordist for most persistent AA criminal.

Random facts:
-I guessed that Shih-na was Calisto a while before it was revealed.
-I guessed that Alba did it a while before any of them thought about it.
-I had a suspicion that Lang's accusation of Franziska was so far-fetched that maybe it was only done to get the group back into Alba's office... and then dropped it once Lang kept accusing Franny. Turns out I was right anyway. xD
I had my share of lucky guesses as well. I suppose it's not that hard; since this franchise has a lot of surprising twists, whatever far-fetched guesses you may come up with are likely to turn out true. I wasn't looking straight at Alba since he first appeared, but I guess the most epic of my wild guesses was to figure Lance Amano out because I suddenly remembered Dahlia Hawthorne.

And I shut up for now because everybody else will probably get sick of the tempting spoiler-talk.

Very. D: Why can't my copy have gotten here yet?

(Not that I won't be indulging in the tempting spoiler-talk the moment I've beaten it, but...)

I'm still part-way through the fourth case and it's shaping up to be one of my all-time favourites already =D
Young-Fran, first appearance of Manfred since the first game, Edgey's awesome suit, YoungKay, same daft old judge, GETTING TO PUT EDGEY IN THE JUDGE'S SEAT? Bloody hell just the concept of the case is awesome 83

(I facepalmed at Deid Mann)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom