• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Oh dear god....

And they have to limit their ambitions. If you play computer games, do heavy-duty video or picture editing, or need any kind of specialized software, then you'll return to the shelves heaving with Microsoft powered PCs or Apple Macs.

Doesn't sound that great to me. :/

PC gamers are tools and there is almost always an excellent (if not better) alternative to your favorite commercial program. This is precisely why Linux kicks so much ass.

Doesn't sound that great to me. :/

Google Chrome OS was made to be a fast and simple operating system for netbooks, which are mainly used for internet use and basic programs. Thus, a more complex operating system for a simple platform would be bloated and unnecessary (like Windows).

PC gamers are tools

2heca37.png

What did you just call me?

2heca37.png

What did you just call me?

Nah, it's true. The only reason I still use Windows, and not Linux, is because most of, if not all of the games I play don't support anything but XP, or Vista. That and because I'm still living at home, and for some ass-backwards reason, as long as I'm living with my Mom, I'm not allowed a computer or laptop of my own, so I have to share with her and my sister until I leave for military. But even then, I don't play any shitty or half-assed FPS games, so I wonder just how much of a PC gamer I am...

Seriously though, Google already has taken over the world, but regardless, I couldn't even give two shits about it.

I'll kill myself if Google starts making hardware.

Why should Google quit? They're marketing their stuff very well and making fuckloads of money. It's an ingenious businessplan.

Oh, great. A Google operating system. Who didn't expect this?

I wish them well, but I think I'll stick with Ubuntu for the time being.

Why can't google be happy with just a browser and a search site.

Because they're making money?

Also this doesn't really affect you unless you buy it, so what's there to complain about?

When's the last time you bought a Google product?

Sure, but it's not as if they're suddenly charging you to use Google.com or something.
Matters even less now anyway if it's going to be open-source and free.

Back
Top Bottom