• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[Open] Super Smash Bros.: Conspiracy (OoC/Signups)

S. E.

I'm a crow, don't'cha know?
Pronoun
she
(Main thread here)

Their Home
Life: Reality Versus Fiction

Outside, the sun was rising in the east, casting a palette of colors in the sky. The wind was blowing, creatures were stirring, and the world around them was coming alive.

Inside, a world of stillness. Silence. The only light shone through from the window, a shaft ending in a shadowy cross on the wooden floor. An ordinary room, presumably that of a child's, only unlived in. Laden with toys, with posters, with mats and buildings. Quite a collection, really. But the vibrant colors of the playthings only further added to the lonely, depressing air. Someone must miss this luxury, surely. Of course, life in the real world goes on; the story behind this place, whatever it may be, is a mere triviality. And that's how its residents would have it, for it is not what it seems.

The figures, miniature Nintendo characters, scattered here and there, living in a city of fictional worlds collided, hold a secret. Why obey reality when none are there to bear witness? The lifeless have lives of their own, fueled by the imagination of their creators. Without conscience in their presence, life is theirs to bend. An abandoned room has become a forgotten world of its own, shrouded in mystery, in impossibility. In turn, they will fulfill their meaning.

So was the birth of their civilization, a birth repeated again and again as they rise in the morning, fight through the day, and fall still at night.

Survival
Civilization & the Warriors

To fight is to survive, according to the pattern of life. But what use is survival to false life? Why fight? "Why" is a question one can scarcely answer in the world of Super Smash Bros., named after the tournament on which this "civilization" is based. If one were to guess as to why battle is the reason for their existence, a likely conclusion would be that, as creations of true life, this fascination and desire is passed on. It's instinct. However, this does not mean that all of them are barbaric. Some are quite honorable and chivalrous, following an unspoken code. Those such warriors harbor no ill will towards one another, aside from age-old rivalries.

Those rivalries threaten to tear apart their world.

How it Began
Alpha & Omega, Heroes & Villains

In this world, there are two deities. The first, the original, is the manifestation of the creative spirit, Master Hand. His left-hand counterpart is the manifestation of the destructive spirit, Crazy Hand. The circumstances of their births are mysterious, but together they maintain the balance of this world.

In the beginning, there was only Master Hand. He gave life to the original heroes. This was the start of Super Smash Bros., which would go on to recruit more fighters from the world of Nintendo--and sometimes outside--throughout the course of the tournament.

Then, there was no conflict. Most of them were complete strangers to one another, the only relationships being friendly ones. Though they fought, it was completely impersonal, their only will to defeat their opponents. Life was simple.

Then there were newcomers. Among them were characters from new lands and new representatives of known lands. Some were heroes from their homelands, some just fighters--but some, however, were known for their menace. With them came Crazy Hand, Master Hand's equal and opposite. It was at that point that their world was fully established.

Since then, there have been more arrivals. Though there are some dangerous types, peace outside of the tourneys has been maintained. Perhaps two sides, with ideals as contrasting as black and white, can coexist for once?

Perhaps not.

The Threat
A Dark Deed

The fourth season of Super Smash Bros. is about to begin. All of the newcomers have finally arrived, and preparations for the tournament are being made.

But something is wrong. Crazy Hand has declared war on Master Hand, a power struggle between destruction and creation, believing that the latter is no longer necessary. It is not known what brought this on, but there is a theory that someone, a treasonous fighter, has been courting Crazy Hand in order to overthrow both deities. This notion spread like wildfire. Everyone was either suspicious of one another or suspicious themselves.

Meanwhile, the deed has been done, and the populace has become split based on ideals. Some, arguably extremist, completely support Master Hand, set on bringing down Crazy Hand now that he is no longer benevolent, and the one behind his turnabout if possible. Others, however, have begun to serve under Crazy Hand, hoping to reap the benefits of a world ruled by raw power, perhaps planning to backstab him in the end. Among these two sides are loners with their own views. Everyone is involved.

Of course, the fate of this world is a mere triviality.
---

Rules & Things of Note

1. Basic role-playing rules apply--read the stickies, please!
2. Two characters per person max.
3. This RP is mostly nonlinear. The ending and its means will be influenced purely by the actions of all the players.
4. Newcomer characters must have certain qualifications. Said character must either be from a series already part of SSB as of Brawl (including series with no playable characters attributed to them) or a series with at least a handful of appearances on a Nintendo console (you needn't confirm this; I will do the research myself if need be). I will be lenient with the latter. Aside from that, as long as you complete the form to my satisfaction, you should be accepted.
5. Established characters (usually) have established personalities. Try to stay as on-target as possible.
6. This should be obvious, but you can't play a character already taken by someone else. Even if you really, really wanted them.
7. On that note, reservations are allowed.
8. Remember the standard rules of battle, they probably won't go amiss. Fights against two player characters are carried out in this fashion: Character 1 acts, Character 2 determines outcome (hit/miss/other) and acts, Character 1 determines outcome and acts, and so on. Basically, don't make your own character do too much in one post, and don't "auto-hit" as I've heard it called, or make your attack hit in the same post you attempt. Or miss, for that matter. In a fight where several characters are against one larger, DM-controlled foe, every character can attempt one action before the DM posts. Then they can take another action until the encounter is over.
9. No one-sentence posts, even if it's a long one. That's called a run-on sentence, which doesn't fly.
10. Thank Exo-Raikou for the conception of this RP. I probably wouldn't have bothered if I didn't have him to bother over whether I should bother. Also, he is the part-DM; appease him. Thank you.
11. Have... fun. Kekeke.

List of Characters (by Alignment)

Master

Luigi (Blastoise)
Yoshi (Blastoise)
Megaman "Rock" Light (Ketsu)
Lloyd (Xaldin)
Yuri Sakazaki (Storm, Earth, and Fire)

Loner

Meta Knight (Shining Eevee)
Red (Pokemon Trainer) (ParaBob-omb)

Crazy

Bass (Ketsu)
Mecha Sonic (Exo-Raikou)
Saturn Magnus (Exo-Raikou)
Duftmon (Shining Eevee)
Xemnas (Xaldin)

Forms

Returning Characters

Name:
Alignment: (Master, Crazy, or Loner. Go in-depth, especially if Loner.)
Other:

Newcomers (read Rule 4)

Type 1: Established Character

Name:
Series:
Alignment:
Other:

Type 2: Established Species

Name:
Series:
Alignment:
Bio: (opt. but would be nice)
Personality:

When we have a sufficient amount of members, a thread will be posted on the main board. All questions, comments, and signups go here.
---
After a long ("Long" being a few months or so. How long did The Outsiders last again?) absence, the SSB RPs are back. I am entirely uncertain of how this will go. Should this be a total flop, no worries; this will be the last you see of these.

Now that I'm done wallowing in despair, the thread can take its course! Yay!

Last edited:
Posting my character...

Name: Meta Knight
Alignment: Loner. Meta Knight is opposed to having either Hand overthrown, mostly as not to act rashly. If the rumor is true, he is instead trying to figure out who Crazy Hand's manipulator is. Should it become the only clear way, Crazy Hand must be defeated.
Other:

And accepting myself.

Name: Luigi
Alignment: Master Hand, mostly to rid the area of such characters as Waluigi, whom Luigi has an unusually strong dislike towards.
Other: I hope I get to freak out background characters with my humongous gold coins again.

Name: Yoshi
Alignment: Master Hand, if only because he's following Luigi around.
Other: I'd totally be willing to give this one up if someone wanted to play as Yoshi, but otherwise...

Name: Phoenix Wright
Series: Ace Attorney
Alignment: Master Hand. The famous lawyer is trying to bring down Crazy Hand for justice. He believes that if Crazy Hand wins, the world as they know it will completely fall. What he really wants to know, however, is why Crazy Hand had a turnabout in personality and find the person behind it.
Other: The lawyer joins the fray!

Name: Luigi
Alignment: Master Hand, mostly to rid the area of such characters as Waluigi, whom Luigi has an unusually strong dislike towards.
Other: I hope I get to freak out background characters with my humongous gold coins again.

Name: Yoshi
Alignment: Master Hand, if only because he's following Luigi around.
Other: I'd totally be willing to give this one up if someone wanted to play as Yoshi, but otherwise...
Accepted & accepted.
Name: Phoenix Wright
Series: Ace Attorney
Alignment: Master Hand. The famous lawyer is trying to bring down Crazy Hand for justice. He believes that if Crazy Hand wins, the world as they know it will completely fall. What he really wants to know, however, is why Crazy Hand had a turnabout in personality and find the person behind it.
Other: The lawyer joins the fray!
And accepted.

Crazies, anyone?

Name: Megaman "Rock" Light
Series: Megaman
Alignment: Master Hand. Hey, a hero's gotta do what a hero's gotta do, right?
Other: No idea how I'm going to make the VWS (Variable Weapons System) work at the moment.

Name: Bass
Alignment: Crazy Hand. More killing that way, and he can prove that he is the most powerful Bioroid alive! Plus, he'll have a chance to take out Megaman! Of course, only he is allowed to kill Megaman...
Other: Whee, insane characters!

And this is my first time writing anyone from the Megaman series. It will be... Interesting.

EDIT: I solemnly swear that I will not drag my slashing tendencies into this.
EDIT2: And if there's too much Foe Yay, you are allowed to track me down and hit me over the head for it.

Last edited:
Other: No idea how I'm going to make the VWS (Variable Weapons System) work at the moment.

Alignment: Crazy Hand. More killing that way, and he can prove that he is the most powerful Bioroid alive! Plus, he'll have a chance to take out Megaman! Of course, only he is allowed to kill Megaman...

And this is my first time writing anyone from the Megaman series. It will be... Interesting.

Accepted & accepted.

If you mean what I think you mean in regard to the VWS, I imagine it would work in a fashion similar to Inhale. Copies the enemy's standard special. Though it would have to work under different circumstances than usual.

Kekeke. Of course. Foe Yay is fun, though, isn't it?

Last edited:
That's what I was thinking after I posted it. I can't just leave it out because you're not a playable Megaman character if you can't copy the bosses abilities.

Unless your name is Zero, that is.

Just keep in mind that the rules of this RP are more flexible than the rules of Brawl, so I'm certain it'll work.

Name: Lloyd
Series: Tales of Symphonia
Alignment: Master. Will do anything if it meant saving people from a tyrant or anyone creating a threat to his friends or anyone around him.
Other: I'm sure this will work, and should I bring in Kratos his Father?

Name: Lloyd
Series: Tales of Symphonia
Alignment: Master. Will do anything if it meant saving people from a tyrant or anyone creating a threat to his friends or anyone around him.
Other: I'm sure this will work, and should I bring in Kratos his Father?
Accepted, and that's up to you.

Will start once we get a few more Crazies. By that I mean Crazy Hand supporters, not crazy members. We've plenty.

Name: Mecha Sonic
Series: Sonic
Alignment: Crazy. Being a ruthless killing machine, Mecha Sonic intends to use this confusion Crazy Hand has caused as an excuse to get rid of the "inferior biologicals"
Other: Who's going to play Crazy Hand anyway?

Name: Saturn (Full Name Saturn Magnus)
Series: Officially, Sonic
Alignment: Crazy. Saturn believes that he has a right to power and superiority, and aligning himself with Crazy Hand will allow him to attain that right at any and all cost.
Species: Mechanical Being
Bio: Long Ago, Seven guardians known as the astrologous existed. The job of these guardians was as simple as it was obvious: protect the people of Earth. However, the sixth guardian, Saturn, who was also the only machine, began to question why they were protecting humans when they had the greater power. Eventually, he came to the decision that this was because the other six were too weak to claim power. He rebelled against the others, and in that rebellion, two of the guardians were killed. The other four were able to defeat Saturn, and they sealed him away. This legend was passed down for years in various forms; one such form was the story of how the god Saturn tried to kill his own children. It is believed that at some point in his life, Gerald Robotnik saw the true appearance of Saturn, and attempted to replicate that form, but failed, and discarded everything except the memory core.
Personality: Saturn is similar to Mecha Sonic in that he believes in the total destruction of anything that stands in his way, and that he believes he is a superior being. Unlike Mecha Sonic, his ideas are based on his own "righteous morals," as opposed to what was programmed into Mecha Sonic. In his eyes, those who oppose him are merely doing so because they are too deluded to see what he could do for them. In battle, he is sometimes considered even more ruthless than Mecha Sonic, though this could be on account of the fact that all of his weapons were not made with precise shooting in mind.
Other: If need be, I'll alter him to make him a MegaMan character. 1000 points to whoever can find out what I based him on

Name: Mecha Sonic
Series: Sonic
Alignment: Crazy. Being a ruthless killing machine, Mecha Sonic intends to use this confusion Crazy Hand has caused as an excuse to get rid of the "inferior biologicals"
Other: Who's going to play Crazy Hand anyway?

Name: Saturn (Full Name Saturn Magnus)
Series: Officially, Sonic
Alignment: Crazy. Saturn believes that he has a right to power and superiority, and aligning himself with Crazy Hand will allow him to attain that right at any and all cost.
Species: Mechanical Being
Bio: Long Ago, Seven guardians known as the astrologous existed. The job of these guardians was as simple as it was obvious: protect the people of Earth. However, the sixth guardian, Saturn, who was also the only machine, began to question why they were protecting humans when they had the greater power. Eventually, he came to the decision that this was because the other six were too weak to claim power. He rebelled against the others, and in that rebellion, two of the guardians were killed. The other four were able to defeat Saturn, and they sealed him away. This legend was passed down for years in various forms; one such form was the story of how the god Saturn tried to kill his own children. It is believed that at some point in his life, Gerald Robotnik saw the true appearance of Saturn, and attempted to replicate that form, but failed, and discarded everything except the memory core.
Personality: Saturn is similar to Mecha Sonic in that he believes in the total destruction of anything that stands in his way, and that he believes he is a superior being. Unlike Mecha Sonic, his ideas are based on his own "righteous morals," as opposed to what was programmed into Mecha Sonic. In his eyes, those who oppose him are merely doing so because they are too deluded to see what he could do for them. In battle, he is sometimes considered even more ruthless than Mecha Sonic, though this could be on account of the fact that all of his weapons were not made with precise shooting in mind.
Other: If need be, I'll alter him to make him a MegaMan character. 1000 points to whoever can find out what I based him on
Accepted & accepted. I could play Crazy Hand as well as Master Hand, but then, perhaps you would be better for the job? After all...

How close is the latter character to actual cannon? I've been out of touch with the series for some time.

Accepted & accepted. I could play Crazy Hand as well as Master Hand, but then, perhaps you would be better for the job? After all...

How close is the latter character to actual cannon? I've been out of touch with the series for some time.

Unless Sonic Team actually created a cosmic robot from millions of years ago and I missed it too, it's pure fan-made.

Or at least, the history and personality. Everything else was based on... something.

And I'll be Crazy Hand if it's okay with you

Unless Sonic Team actually created a cosmic robot from millions of years ago and I missed it too, it's pure fan-made.

Or at least, the history and personality. Everything else was based on... something.

And I'll be Crazy Hand if it's okay with you
Hm. Well... I've already accepted it. This sort of thing isn't what I meant for Established Series, though. I'm sure it will be fine.

That's more than okay with me. It works out well.

Now I'm a Crazy, too!

Name: Duftmon (Jp. name)
Series: Digimon
Alignment: Crazy Hand. Duftmon values power above all else, and so he serves under Crazy Hand.
Species: Leopardmon
Appearance: A tall, slender figure clad in armor modeled after a wildcat, in addition to white, feathery, angel-like wings, wavy blond hair, and a red sash tied around his waist. When his helmet is up, his face is blue and his eyes are green. He carries a rapier and can Mode Change into a quadruped form, called Leopard Mode, for quick maneuvering.
Personality: Duftmon is cunning at best and arrogant at worst, a tactician who prides himself on his power and brilliance. Being a knightly character, he is loyal to those he considers powerful and god-like. He has extreme methods of upholding what he considers "justice," and shows no mercy towards those who oppose him or his master.
Other: I am seriously stretching my own rules by playing a Digimon, but I'm playing to technicalities, and there were games first. If anyone's actually interested in my justifications, ask. This is not the Duftmon you're thinking of.

Accepted. And now, the RP can begin. I shall create the thread. If there's a delay, it's either due to the server or real life.

Name: Yuri Sakazaki
Series: Art of Fighting, The King of Fighters
Alignment: Master, as much as Yuri would prefer a state of independence, she is more concerned about maintaining the status quo, rather than letting destruction rule the land, which would not be cool.
Other: Appearances on Nintendo platforms, you ask? Art of Fighting 1 & 2 were on the SNES, King of Fighters EX on the GBA, Capcom vs. SNK 2 EO on GameCube, and various KoF games re-released on the Wii. What will happen when a proper 2D fighter character steps into the SSB arena?!

Somehow, I'm in a 2D fighter mood... I'll try and think of a crazy character, because I have nothing right now except Xenosaga, which is a stretch, but Episode I & II have been remade on the DS, with plot alternations to 2...

Back
Top Bottom