• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[OR/AS] ORAS Progress

I don't really see how she has any less of a personality than pretty much most other gym leaders.

Anyway!
I'm in Sea Mauville.
Lois and Hal make a return.

There's apparently a "Hi Skitty" doll. Did you know that it isn't actually a Skitty but is based off of a schoolgirl whose name is Skitty?

In room 2 there were a couple of girls who were surprised you got in because they locked the door. One of them is blushing. I call yuri on that.

I'm really liking all of the things you can read in this place. It really expands the world, I'm glad they used the abandoned ship which was pretty un-noteworthy in the originals and used it to do this. Apparently Cozmo's parents didn't like each other and Wattson used to work for the company who owned Mauville and is somehow a traitor?
I suppose it's a bit inconsiderate of the people who maintain the place as a nature reserve to let anyone just come in and read ex-employee's personal stuff.

I'm curious as to what this "infinite energy" stuff is.

I like the idea that Mauville the city used to belong to a company. To be honest I don't like Mauville's new look all that much. It's nice on the inside but I expect it's an eyesore from the outside. But it being owned by a company sort of explains that. A city that square and entirely inside one building wouldn't arise naturally.

I don't know, she just stood out to me as being completely devoid of any personality whatsoever. Gen 5's gym leaders spoiled me. :p

Anyway, made it to the route outside the ashy route! Can't wait to see it in 3D! Now for the highlights...

* First of all, holy crap Mauville City! You're a completely different place now! I have to say though that I feel that THIS is how Lumiose City should have been handled, big, but not a confusing clusterfuck of a city that is a pain to navigate.

* What happened to the Game Corner was depressing. Ah well, at least Voltorb Flip didn't come back, always hated that game.

* So Wally's Ralts knows Magical Leaf. Guess you can't cheese the fight with a level 2 Poochyena anymore. :(

* So Voltorb was moved to the Route between Mauville and Slateport, eh?

* Speaking of that Route, I can't find Minun there anywhere. Has their rarity been boosted up the wall or something?

* The Itemfinder or whatever it's called now looks silly. I love walking around with googly antennae.

* Can't be bothered with contests, so I skip 'em all.

* I'm so happy Wattson's team was his manageable R/S team instead of his nightmarish Emerald one. I swear, in Emerald if you didn't start with Mudkip, he is without a doubt THE hardest Gym Leader in the game... or not, Flannery gives him some solid competition.

And that's all. I for one absolutely love the new Mauville City, though I find it a bit funny how back at Slateport apparently Pokémon Black and White haven't happened yet according to the Royal Unova's model. Ah, messy timelines, I can never hate ya. So anyway, my team at the end of the day:

Cass the Marshtomp (Female, lv. 24)
Lazy Kong the Vigoroth (Female, lv. 23)
Fatman the Voltorb (lv. 23)
Ivan the Machop (Male, lv. 19)

* Speaking of that Route, I can't find Minun there anywhere. Has their rarity been boosted up the wall or something?

If you're playing Alpha Sapphire, Minuns can only be found in Horde battles. I had to check Serebii on that one.

I myself am currently in Mauville city, which I absolutely love. I've also made a habit of catching every Pokémon in an area, because DexNav is amazing. My team is as follows:

Maka the Mightyena (Got it with Thunder Fang!)
Mike the Wingull
AAAAAHHHHHHH the Whismur
Teeko the Grovyle
Shiny Beldum (from the Mystery Gift that I almost forgot about)
Lisara the Pikachu (who I got from Lisia)

Really happy with my team, though I probably wouldn't be using Pikachu if it hadn't been given to me in a skirt.

I'm currently making my way towards Fortree. I'm glad that they've adjusted the random encounter rates during surfing so that you don't have a goddamn Tentacool in your face every 5 seconds :D

Badges: 5
Pokemon:
Olmio the Swampert, male, level 36
Nuhru the Nuzleaf, female, level 36
Sulo the Swellow, male, level 35
Kilpiki the Torkoal, female, level 35
Riippuliidin the Latios, male, level 30 (not sure if I'm gonna keep him as a permanent member of the team yet)

Currently on Mt. Pyre's summit, trying to DexNav for a cool vulpix. The music here is amazing. Although after tossing it around I think I'll go for a Bagon instead. Or maybe an elgyem, as that would be cool.

6 badges, about to finish the Mt. Pyre plot. Also have about 13 secret base flags.

Pokemon:

Halley the Latias, F. Lv. 38.
Neil the Breloom, M. Lv. 38
Tycho the Swampert, M. Lv. 37.
Kepler the Gardevoir, M. Lv. 37.
Eddington the Duskull, F. Lv. 39.

I caught Eddington through dexnav, and as you can see she surpassed everyone else. She has great IVs, too.

I got mine this Saturday and oboy was I excited to start! I never did RSE really, so this is a whole new experience to me!

Since I tend to use the same Pokémon which I like over and over and over again, I decided this time I'd try to use Pokémon which I like, but have neglected in favour of other Pokémon, or Pokémon which I've never considered using before.

Trainer stats:
Claude
- 3 badges
- 28 Pokémon Caught
- 55 Pokémon Seen
- Playtime is 9h53m
- Current location: Mauville City, due to head north!

My current team:
Marowak - (L31, m) - obtained from Wonder Trade!
Piccolente - (Ducklett, L29, f) - also obtained via Wonder Trade!
Petra - (Gloom, L26, f)
Marsha - (Voltorb, L24, n) - ...might swap this one out later. :D
Firenze - (Combusken, L28, m)
Flatfist - (Hariyama, L25, m)

I already wiped out all of Wallace's groupies, now I'm gonna go challenge Wallace.

I've played pretty much the whole game with only five team members; the last one I dropped was my level 16 Lombre (the lowest level on my team right now is 42). I'm trying to pick Pokemon I haven't trained before so, besides Swampert, Gardevoir and Swellow, the other two are new for me. I have no idea who else to pick, but I'm thinking Bagon or anything interesting that lives in Victory Road. (edit: maybe I'll get that shiny Beldum instead. Hmm)

I found a shiny Tentacool using DexNav; thank God I hadn't caught a Tentacool before that.

Also Secret Bases! *_* I absolutely love them. And what about all those hints for D/P remakes?

I don't know, she just stood out to me as being completely devoid of any personality whatsoever. Gen 5's gym leaders spoiled me. :p

I was actually going to add "except for the ones in gen 5" but I decided against it since maybe I was just imagining it due to my love for gen 5. Although, the fact that the gym leaders in gen 5 actually do things other than be gym leaders is probably one of the reasons why I love it so much.

I'm currently making my way towards Fortree. I'm glad that they've adjusted the random encounter rates during surfing so that you don't have a goddamn Tentacool in your face every 5 seconds :D[/SIZE]
I thought so! Not sure if I was imagining it or not.

I'm currently at the elite four. I haven't tried to beat them yet. My team right now is:
Chester the Blaziken, named after a Blaziken I used in either Sapphire or Emerald)
Ludo Bagman the Lombre, named after a Harry Potter character in anticipation of it being a Ludicolo. I haven't found any water stones anywhere though :(
Roe the Skarmory
Dr. Agon the Salamence
Mirai the Gardevoir
Mandy the Mightyena

I originally had a female Lombre and I kept leveling it up thinking it would learn Giga Drain but it didn't so then I went around everywhere on the map trying to find a TM of it (I thought I remembered it being a TM) but couldn't find one. Then I finally gave up and looked it up and apparently it can only learn it via breeding so I used Edinbirgh the Oddish to breed.
Then I spent ages getting the baby Ludo up to level to fight Wallace but it turned out I didn't need to since Mirai swept his entire team.

Also: to contests increase amie happiness? I haven't used amie once yet but my Gardevoir has already started doing that little jump at the start of battle and is gaining extra xp. Or maybe it's just pokeblocks and not the contests themselves?

current team:

swampert (f) Peach
crobat (f) Blackberry
sableye (f) Merlot
cradily (f) Ginkgo
manectric (f) Hazelnut
torkoal (f) Salsa

Just arrived in Lilycove, currently beating the snot out of Brendan

Dar said:
If you're playing Alpha Sapphire, Minuns can only be found in Horde battles. I had to check Serebii on that one.
oohhhh. that explains a lot.

Professor Wesker said:
She's still a lot more interesting than Winona, who basically says 1. i'm a graceful bird lady and 2. wow you beat me, so graceful. at least the remakes are true to the originals!!

that being said i love Fortree. so much. Steven sure is a weirdo though! I don't remember him being so obsessed with rocks in the original. sometimes i feel like breaking to him like 'dude, did you know there are rock type pokemon' and it'll blow his mind

I'm glad that they've adjusted the random encounter rates during surfing so that you don't have a goddamn Tentacool in your face every 5 seconds :D
On the flipside, it seems to be nearly impossible to take 5 steps near water without a Pelipper popping out and expecting you to sneak up on it.

I haven't found any water stones anywhere though :(
Head to Route 124 and look for Shards underwater. You should be able to pick up a Water Stone by gathering Blue Shards. (in Route 124 there's a treasure hunter's house; he's the one you exchange the Shards for Stones with)

Also: to contests increase amie happiness? I haven't used amie once yet but my Gardevoir has already started doing that little jump at the start of battle and is gaining extra xp. Or maybe it's just pokeblocks and not the contests themselves?
It's the contests. That also tripped me up at one point, specially the contests seem to contribute to Affection without contributing to the amount of it you have to raise in Pokémon-Amie -- so, for example, you could raise it by one level in a Contest, and then try to raise it another level in Pokémon-Amie, only to find that when you did enough patting, feeding, playing and funny faces for the next level, nothing happened and you have to keep at it for another level.

As for my progress: beaten the E4 twice by now (the second was incredibly close -- I was out of cash for Full Restores so I went in with nothing but the many leftover Revives from the first run, and my Pokémon were quite a bit underleveled compared to Steven's final team so I had a lot of trouble getting anything in the squad to survive Mega Metagross while at half health). Team is now:
-Jade (Lv75 M Sceptile @ Sceptilite) - Leaf Storm/Dragon Claw/X-Scissor/Pursuit
-Diamond (Lv76 M Slaking @ Silk Scarf) - Retaliate/Focus Punch/Shadow Claw/Reversal
-Quartz (Lv75 M Hariyama @ Black Glasses) - Close Combat/Belly Drum/Fake Out/Knock Off
-Ruby (Lv75 F Aggron @ Aggronite) - Double-Edge/Rock Slide/Heavy Slam/Earthquake
-Sapphire (Lv75 F Altaria @ Altarianite) - Dragon Pulse/Hyper Voice/Flamethrower/Cotton Guard
-Emerald (Lv75 X Rayquaza @ King's Rock) - Dragon Pulse/Thunderbolt/Ice Beam/Dragon Ascent

Yes, I have four Mega Evolvers. It's a disgrace.

Recently, I've been catching up on my Master Rank Contests -- I'd beaten Beautiful Master Rank earlier, but now I've cleared them all with some specialized Pokémon.

-Iron Opal (Lv20 F Cosplay Pikachu) - Quick Attack/Electro Ball/Light Screen/Meteor Mash
-oil (Lv30 M Psyduck; actually an HM slave) - Aqua Tail*/Disable*/Surf/Rain Dance*
-Ring Fingers (Lv39 F Aipom) - Covet/Hone Claws/Baton Pass/Nasty Plot
-Keystone (Lv50 M Spiritomb) - Dream Eater/Nasty Plot/Sucker Punch/Memento
-Igneous (Lv38 M Donphan) - Magnitude/Roar/Rock Polish/Giga Impact

*Now respectively replaced by Flash, Dive and Waterfall as the Pokémon has gone back to full HM slave duty.

Also, the Aipom is undefeatable. She completely rocks every single Cuteness Contest.

God, that was quick. Have you been doing nothing but playing since the game's release? :p (I shouldn't talk, I have 7 badges...)

Lmao. I'm in the Aqua hideout for the second time now. There's a grunt here that basically says the same thing as the first trainer in Brock's gym but says years instead of lightyears.

Also loving these postgame stories! The one in XY was nice and I liked Emma's character and the return of Looker but this one does some serious worldbuilding.

Anyway, I've got seven badges. Doing some cursory Dive exploration before I actually go bother with the plot. My team is:
Scorch (Blaziken M) - Sassy - Blazikenite - Blaze Kick/Dig/Ember/Double Kick
Portobello (Breloom M) - Impish - Miracle Seed - Mega Drain/Sky Uppercut/Stun Spore/Leech Seed
Mimzy (~shiny~ Exploud F) - Mild - Silk Scarf - Strength/Rock Smash/Surf/Crunch
Nicki (Gardevoir F) - Lonely - Brightpowder - Secret Power/Psychic/Dazzling Gleam/Grass Knot
Swellie (Swellow M) - Bashful - King's Rock - Aerial Ace/Fly/Steel Wing/Quick Attack
Drew (Manectric M) - Lax - Manectite - Thunder Wave/Discharge/Fire Fang/Quick Attack

All level 43, except Drew, who's 44.

We should all share our secret bases! Here's my QR code:

pokemans_zps12019b7e.jpg

Um... does anyone know how to upload these to the Global Link site...? Do you just need to Game Sync?

I found it funny that you get that Poochyena with the elemental fang. It's supposedly based on your starter. I picked Torchic, and I get one with Ice Fang. They really don't want you to struggle against Roxanne...

Just beat Brawly, total cakewalk with Beautifly...

About to challenge Norman, kinda scared since he's probably using his two Slakings + Vigoroth team from Ruby and Sapphire.

* I don't know why, but I absolutely love the designs of the Ninja Boy trainers.

* I haven't mentioned it yet, but I really like how Brendan and May are more involved with the story in the remakes. They actually feel like friends instead of these people who only show up every now and then. Better rivals than your posse of pals in X and Y I have to say.

* Speaking of changes, I also like how Team Aqua's plan makes a lot more sense in Alpha Sapphire, since they're wanting to expand the seas in the name of giving water Pokémon more places to live.

* Lanette's redesign is kinda cute. :3

* Speaking of redesigns, I'm not afraid at all to say that Shelly and Flannery are HOT.

* And speaking of Flannery, I have to admit I genuinely like her as a character thanks to the whole struggling newbie tryhard personality she has.

* I'm disappointed that you can't use those warm sand beds in Lavaridge Town anymore, though being able to ride your bike in the hot springs more than makes up for it.

* Mt. Chimney's theme is the first remade theme in the game I don't like. The disco-ish feel it has kind of kills the intense atmosphere.

* I'm impressed that Team Aqua actually uses something that ISN'T Carvanha, Zubat, or Poochyena. Since they use Grimer, does Team Magma use Koffing?

* I. Hate. The. Desert. Route. Too many trainers have Sandslashes, and they're a pain to fight thanks to their great defenses and Sand Veil!

* Cacnea is a pain to train up. Why does it have to be so fragile?

Team

Cass the Marshtomp (Female, lv. 30)
Lazy Kong the Vigoroth (Female, lv. 28)
Fatman the Voltorb (lv. 28)
Ivan the Machoke (Male, lv. 28)
Whaddapr!ck the Cacnea (Male, lv. 27)

Last edited:
Since they use Grimer, does Team Magma use Koffing?
Yes, actually.

Anyway, I've already beaten the main story, the E4 and the Delta Episode and now I'm just sort of flying around legendary-hunting. I should probably beat the E4 a second time around but eh.

oh yeah! in case anyone doesn't know, you can snag Lucky Eggs from wild Pelipper.

oh yeah! in case anyone doesn't know, you can snag Lucky Eggs from wild Pelipper.

And Life Orbs from wild Absol (I just snagged one while chaining them).

I haven't made much progress since my last post (because I got caught up decorating my secret base) but I did evolve Nuhru into a Shiftry. She's been kicking ass significantly harder than her RSE-era version. :P

And Life Orbs from wild Absol (I just snagged one while chaining them).

I haven't made much progress since my last post (because I got caught up decorating my secret base) but I did evolve Nuhru into a Shiftry. She's been kicking ass significantly harder than her RSE-era version. :P

Do you have a QR code!

I'm on that route all covered in volcano ash and stuff now. Ralts evolved on the way to Mauville and I caught a Skarmory with a critical capture, which I'm now considering using as my flier in lieu of Flygon because I used Flygon all the damn time in Ruby and Emerald. I'm planning on filling my team with shit I never use (Blaziken excluded) in general, but given the amount of Emerald I've played I'm pretty sure I've used just about everything in Hoenn at least once. Maybe I'll bring on the Grimer I caught on Fiery Path and figure out spot 6 as I go.

also jesus christ mauville's different i was all where the fuck is this

Back
Top Bottom