• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Oranges and Lemons - Reborn

I just must say that I really like the Electric-type Torterra, the tree on its back is so awesome and the colours are really good. I really do get that Electric-type vibe. :D

Rock-type Charizard is really good too, the colours and rocks on it are great! There's one problem though, the wings. It just doesn't seem right for a Rock-type to have wings. Unless it's supposed to be Rock/Flying...?

Grass-type Slowking's nice~ I like its leafy tail and the vines it has all over its body. The only thing that bothers me is that you kept it pink. The pink and green sort of clash.

So now Arylett has a request! Could you maybe make a custom trainer sprite that looks like this lovely young lady? Except with glasses on the face instead of the head. :D

Critiiiique~ :D This never happens; thank you. That's a good point about the Charizard's wings - I have to admit that I forgot that generally rock-types don't fly. And I guess the Sloking is a little clashy... I was never very good at matching colours. :P I'll get on the request... just as soon as I finish the others, which I'm moving through abysmally slowly. I do have one, though.

For Ambipom:

abipom_overworld.png

Can I request a Rhydon overworld and a Rhydon repose. Rhydon in Rampardos's pose please. The repose might be a little difficult. At least it would be for me. =)

EDIT: I forgot I requested an electric Quilava. You can forget the Quilava if you want.

Last edited:
A-whoops, seems I've let the requests get piled up again. I'll, um, close requests for a bit while I get these finished.

Tropiking, I finished it just before you said I could skip it. :P Oh, well:
quilava_electric.png

And for Hikari:
milotic_dark.png

Dark types need to be more interesting. :(

I sincerely apologise for being a very slow worker x_x

Arylett, your trainer edit (wasn't she a mage?):

arylett_mage.png

One of my favorite trainers out of the one's I've done :3

And, um, one of Tropiking's (the other one's... half finished):

rhydon_overworld.png

Requests are still closed '~'

Absolutely brilliant~ Yep, she's a mage! Whoo, I love it! It is awesomenocity, Kinova, pure awesomenocity! Thank you for making it for me! :D

Um, requests are actually still closed, so no.

And I have no idea when those others are going to be done - I'm in somewhat of a spriting slump and anything I come up with looks awful. So, erm, sorry to those who're still waiting on requests.

I just wanted to save a place for a request...

I mean, I know that you're really busy and I respect your time... considering the fact that I take forever to do requests myself for dragon art... So I'll try to keep it simple...

Can I get a... Lugia/Latias splice, with lugia as the base, and recolored purple & light blue?

And I am in absolutely no rush, so take your time and feel free to decline. I'm just hoping that you'll take my request whenever you decide to open them again. Thanks so much for your time.

I'm not a spriter myself, but I am an artist, so I suppose I'm at least semi-qualified to give a bit of criticism, right? Okay, I couldn't help but notice that your overworld sprites looked a bit... off. They're slightly off in proportions to me, even in overworld-sprite terms... At least that's how it seemed to me.

</too long post>

Last edited:
I just wanted to save a place for a request...

I mean, I know that you're really busy and I respect your time... considering the fact that I take forever to do requests myself for dragon art... So I'll try to keep it simple...

Can I get a... Lugia/Latias splice, with lugia as the base, and recolored purple & light blue?

And I am in absolutely no rush, so take your time and feel free to decline. I'm just hoping that you'll take my request whenever you decide to open them again. Thanks so much for your time.

I'm not a spriter myself, but I am an artist, so I suppose I'm at least semi-qualified to give a bit of criticism, right? Okay, I couldn't help but notice that your overworld sprites looked a bit... off. They're slightly off in proportions to me, even in overworld-sprite terms... At least that's how it seemed to me.

</too long post>

Um, requests are actually still closed, so no.

She was only asking to save a place for a sprite, Mewtwo, so I guess it's okay.

Denri, thank you for the crits and for the too-long post~ X3 I was half-hoping this place was just going to disappear and die, but your post might just have kicked me back into action... we'll see. I will do your request, uh, once I do the others.

Back
Top Bottom