• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Out of Context TVTropes Mafia Quotes Mafia

yeah i don’t want to write it all off just yet bc the possibility of a cult existing is still spooky but like

there’s a lot ™ happening

anyway, yeah, as i said. i don't want to go down the GM Is Lying path as a working theory anytime soon really but this is all, intriguing,
-m

in recent memory i have had my house burned down and not died

which could imply arsonist? i suppose the distinction between having a house set on fire or a person set on fire could vary between games
sorry to do a 180 but quite frankly i think this points towards the rolecards being red herrings
most cards seem to mention specific roles/powers (at least mine does)
-m

anyway, yeah, as i said. i don't want to go down the GM Is Lying path as a working theory anytime soon really but this is all, intriguing,
-m
i'm not sure i'm willing to go all in on the idea either, but i do think it's something we should consider. i'd rather start thinking about it early and end up wrong than suppress my skepticism and get side-tracked by something that turns out to be smoke and mirrors. if all this is indeed real we'll almost certainly find out before long.

for what it's worth, i have an immunity to roleswapping.

Not quite caught up yet, but FWIW, I also have an "immunity" that nobody's mentioned yet, and it is a clearly-defined mechanical thing rather than Trebek's "house burning down" thing.

i think it's like, distinctly possible that bastard-gm-mawile gave everyone immunities but gave trebek/some people a non-mech one for shits and giggles
-m

currently it seems we're looking at:
  1. a cult leader
  2. a masonizer
  3. a neighborizer
  4. a role swapper
  5. an arsonist
  6. whatever koko is immune to
  7. [insert your role here]
if all of this is true, that's close to half the roles in the game. if cult/masons are a thing then they probably have some idea about a few more, too.

Back
Top Bottom