• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Out of Context TVTropes Mafia Quotes Mafia

by the way, the mechanics thing on my trebek TR was said immunity abilities, he didn't go about it like he was informed like mafia probably are

i kinda think there is no cult because i'm starting to buy that the immunities are red herrings
but if there is one it would be anti-town by definition, wouldn't it
also, if a cult does in fact exist, is there anything stopping the cult and the mafia from being the same entity?
i would say yes
-m

'scum' gets used as shorthand for antitown but i don't really want to say that that extends to cults tbh
-m
or to the word 'mafia'

If it doesn't say in the wincon that town and cult wins are mutually exclusive then /shrug
i think skylar/koko/i were saying that stamping out cults would be fairly positive considering that cults sap town PRs + are fastmoving aiui
-m

'scum' gets used as shorthand for antitown but i don't really want to say that that extends to cults tbh
-m
yeah, if my rolecard said “scum” i would wonder if it also included cults, but it does actually specify “mafia”

i think i can vibe with at least some of the immunities being red herrings tbh

Wait, if town wins when all mafia are eliminated, does that make cults a non-issue?
hm? i don't think so, no. cults win when they're at majority, right? so they can win even if there are still mafia remaining.
If it doesn't say in the wincon that town and cult wins are mutually exclusive then /shrug
i can't know this without being a cult member, but i'm pretty sure town and cult wins are pretty much mutually exclusive as a rule. i don't think it makes a ton of sense otherwise—the only cases in which i can see it mattering are a) that the game doesn't end immediately when the cult achieves majority, or b) the edge case that the cult achieves majority when the final mafia is killed. otherwise a cult victory always precludes a town one as far as i can tell.
there's nothing saying mawile didn't use "mafia" as a shorthand for "antitown players"
mm, big doubt tbh. i don't think town has to kill every cult member to win, that seems really hard and is also just normal mafia but with recruiting and no kill power, in which case i'm not sure why both the terms "mafia" and "cult" would be in play.

i think skylar/koko/i were saying that stamping out cults would be fairly positive considering that cults sap town PRs + are fastmoving aiui
btw, just for full clarity, i don't think we should really ever use a lynch on the cult. i'm pretty positive there's a town vig to handle this and possibly other town killing powers, bc if there aren't, then town would have to balance taking out the mafia AND the cult with a single lynch per day in order to win, which seems a bit busted.

Back
Top Bottom