• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Out of Context TVTropes Mafia Quotes Mafia

Well, if this is all a gambit, it makes sense that he'd want to claim early anyway, I guess? idk I'm just not really feeling it.

Let's talk about that logic then, rari, because it is what I genuinely believe in, and I'd like to bridge that gap if we can. What doesn't make sense to you about both mafia and town wanting to hunt cultists, if the mafia win condition is indeed something like "eliminate all threats to mafia"? You can say that that's a big "if" considering the town win condition, I wouldn't dispute that.
my point is precisely that that is a very big if considering the town win condition.
also i figured i wouldn’t be able to catch up before EoD, so consider that i’m ignorant about 31-38
- rari

Oh I think I dropped a clause, if RNP's town and DM is mafia.

Not really on board for Despicable Meme being wagoned, I think RNP is town and so they'll resolve by themselves this EOD.
how will they resolve, exactly?
If RNP's town, RNP said because of his role they'll get modkilled if they don't claim mafia before EOD, right?
meh, if dm is mafia then rnp probably is too, the whole thing was a bullshit gambit, and nothing will happen anyway.
Yeah that's what I think too, hence "if RNP is town", which I think he is.
i’d agree, but i don’t agree that it’ll resolve itself since we don’t KNOW rnp is town.

i think the odds that we mislynch today are good no matter what. if we go for dm and it’s a mislynch, it’ll at least clear rnp; if they flip mafia, it’ll clear rnp. it does seem like a decent infolynch at least. it would clear seshas too imo.
however i’m not sure how i feel about an info lynch myself, not really advocating this atm. just thinking aloud.

Not really on board for Despicable Meme being wagoned, I think RNP is town and so they'll resolve by themselves this EOD.
RNP claimed to have forced hmf to truthfully claim in ~37, says that if hmf doesn't do so by EoD it'll result in modkill
so they're tied up enough that i don't want to spend d1 lynch on them
-m
i don't understand how this... resolves anything though?

if they're w/w and the role is completely made up it doesn't prove anything, and if they're v/v well then yeah nothing is going to happen

if we yeet dm and they flip scum, we have another scum, and if they flip town we have a virtually cleared town in rnp
i think theyre considering the edge case where RNP is town and HMF is scum, in which case voting HMF rn is sorta a wasted yeet?

RNP claimed to have forced hmf to truthfully claim in ~37, says that if hmf doesn't do so by EoD it'll result in modkill
so they're tied up enough that i don't want to spend d1 lynch on them
-m
i don't understand how this... resolves anything though?

if they're w/w and the role is completely made up it doesn't prove anything, and if they're v/v well then yeah nothing is going to happen

if we yeet dm and they flip scum, we have another scum, and if they flip town we have a virtually cleared town in rnp
i think the point is that if EoD passes without H&M&F saying anything else weird, it eliminates the v/w possibility, which for a couple of people has been a concern (personally I think it's unlikely but it's technically possible)

quick in da moment note about how hydreigon pushing onward with their reads while not engaging with me is kind of >:( for me right now
-m

Oh, I see... I guess I'd just not really like to go for an infolynch in general, particularly when I'm figuring both of them are likelier town anyway so it wouldn't actually give me much info beyond strengthening that belief.

so like, I'm not inherently opposed to being science-lynched, but I don't think it yields remotely as much as some of y'all are assuming it yields. like, you'll get RNP clear and... do exactly what with that

This might not get resolved by EoD1
but what does everyone think about these 3

JackPK

Ysabel

Trebek

I'm kinda thinking at least 1 might be worth looking into if not all 3 by N1/D2
omg did you literally just pick out the three of us bc [redacted] in 2R1B lmaoooooooo

rand in one game has no effect on rand in another game friend

hmm

emmy coming into thread asking "I'm not dead yet right" is...clearing? or at least a decent look

inb4 3p
I think that's just how Emmy posts lately, I don't think it's an indicator IMO

Oh, I see... I guess I'd just not really like to go for an infolynch in general, particularly when I'm figuring both of them are likelier town anyway so it wouldn't actually give me much info beyond strengthening that belief.
Big lol keldeo moment if RNP/HMF are actually w/w tbh, cause I do agree with Skylar that I think that makes Seshas v.

the more i think about it the more it really just seems like a gambit to me, and i wouldn't put it past those two to do something risky like that

also i may or may not have tenuous info related to my role that would make sense if dp was scum

Back
Top Bottom