• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Painful nostalgia.

OH GOD DID SOMEONE SAY MEW'S HANGOUT

MEW'S HANGOUT WAS THE BEST

LIKE NO ONE EVER WAS

I was like 9 or 10 when I joined. And my favorite Pokemon is STILL Plusle what the hell is wrong with me.

MEW'S HANGOUT WAS THE SHIZZLES man I loved that place. :'D I was absolutely gutted when it died its untimely death.

I joined on 26th December 2004. I only remember the date because I'd just gotten Zelda: The Minish Cap for Christmas and decided to call myself Minish. :3 My e-mail address at the time was... brace yourself... tribalwolven@aol.com. I know. This was when I roleplayed wolves using words like "wolven" (wolves), "orbs" (eyes) and "fea" (female). Oh dear.

oh shit that was you?
haha oh wow, i remember really liking you when i was like 12. i was really upset when you got banned (or am i thinking of someone else...?)

Yep.

...wait, who were you on the old forums? Were you Starmaster or whatever the hell his name was?

how's the place going nowadays?
It's... decent. Small community now, but it's still going, still alive. Master_Chef's the other admin, do you remember him? A couple old members have come back, even just for visits. It might not be the way you remember (it's not Pokemon-centered anymore because discussion in those subforums just kinda... died), but if you ever wanted just to visit...

... yes. xD it's been a while but yes.
Ah... that's good. ^^

Well that was only my understanding of what happened. Izz was still in charge when the change happened, so knowing the way he had been for a long time before he finally up and left, he probably decided he hated that too and got rid of them.

I'll consider it. xD
It would be an honor. ^^

This thread is full of nostalgia and awesome and i love it.

Which is weird, considering that i started it by being horribly embarrassed at my younger self.

(another thing i did was start a thread in the art section, even though i am a TERRIBLE artist, only drawing one thing, and saving it as a .doc! WHY THE HELL WOULD I DO THAT)

Holy crap, Leafpool, G-Mew used to get on my nerves so much. God.

Well. In 2002 I hung out in the Mew's Hangout guestbook, where I shamelessly told everybody to visit my new awesome website. At one point I had this huge rant about how MY CHRISTMAS PRESENTS WERE NOT GOOD ENOUGH AND THIS IS SO UNFAIR. Then the first Mew's Hangout forums were made, and I migrated over there while thinking I was totally edgy for lying about my age and pretending I was thirteen instead of twelve. We made endless threads about pie and smilie parades (man, those were all the rage) and the Pokérap. Actually, this bit isn't really painful, because we were having so much fun and there was nobody else there to find it annoying.

Meanwhile, I registered at the Serebii.net forums, where I insisted in some thread that no, Ghost/Dark Pokémon are totally weak to Bug, and you're all wrong. And then I stumbled into the Fan Fiction forum, realizing once I was in that ooh, this "fan fiction" thing means like stories about Pokémon, and read my first fanfic, From Rookie to Champion. Then, once I finished it, I felt inexplicably compelled to use the Butterfree icon smilie, so I wrestled it in after a sentence that went something like "I've finished reading the whole story now! I feel as free as a Butterfree!"

Then I visited Mewtwofan's Pokémon Page, and I immediately thought Mewtwofan was the COOLEST PERSON EVER because she was nineteen. And that site introduced me to ANTI-ANTI-POKÉMON and of course I realized immediately that THIS ANTI-POKÉMON MENACE MUST BE FOUGHT and went spamming up random dead Anti-Pokémon guestbooks with lengthy arguments for why the Pokémon games are totally good really. As well as creating a monstrously huge section of counters that among other things took Landoverbaptist completely seriously, contained the phrase "In your face" and tried to make martyrs of us poor Pokémon fans who must forever live in fear because of YOU, that's right, YOU, so you should FEEL BAD.

Also, I made a section called "22 ways to kill Pokéhaters". Which was one of those silly "22 ways to kill Pikachu" lists, except I'd outlined clever methods in which the Pikachu in these scenarios could actually kick the Pokémon hater's butt, so clearly these lists are fallacious! Ha! Take that, APers!

Oh, and I went through a long phase of ending nearly every sentence I wrote in an ellipsis. Reading it now feels quite bizarre; it sounds like I'm high or half-asleep or something. A bunch of people at the time told me it was weird, and I think eventually I stopped doing it after getting a wtf reaction from enough people to realize they had to have a point somehow.

Let's not even get into all the silly drama over the stupidest things like that random member awards thread and my tendency to make new threads for each of those stray sprites I was making. Or Nidokingu.

...Then I visited Mewtwofan's Pokémon Page, and I immediately thought Mewtwofan was the COOLEST PERSON EVER because she was nineteen. And that site introduced me to ANTI-ANTI-POKÉMON and of course I realized immediately that THIS ANTI-POKÉMON MENACE MUST BE FOUGHT and went spamming up random dead Anti-Pokémon guestbooks with lengthy arguments for why the Pokémon games are totally good really. As well as creating a monstrously huge section of counters that among other things took Landoverbaptist completely seriously, contained the phrase "In your face" and tried to make martyrs of us poor Pokémon fans who must forever live in fear because of YOU, that's right, YOU, so you should FEEL BAD. I remember the scores and scores of "anti-anti pokemon!" stuff that used to be up on the site. it struck as weird, even then, becuase i'd never actuall met anyone who hated pokemon. I do remember you linked to a website that was called like "pokemon SUCKS" and it was SCREAM that when you went to the webpage, and how it actually had no reasons why pokemon sucked. also, the what do you think of me? threads

Let's not even get into all the silly drama over the stupidest things like that random member awards thread and my tendency to make new threads for each of those stray sprites I was making. Or Nidokingu. oh god the awards thread. I remember those.

Anybody remember that tcod newspaper thing that somebody tried to start up, we got one issue out, then it died utterly?

Last edited:
Dude, if it wouldn't sputter and die out instantly, that would be so cool.

But we all know how things work around here.

Sometimes I look at posts I made back when I didn't exist and I wonder why I thought I was so awesome. o_o

Sometimes I look at posts I made back when I didn't exist and I wonder why I thought I was so awesome. o_o

this doesn't really have to do with the forums, but i remember way back when you set your MSN background to a picture of lavenders and for some reason that made ALL of my contacts have lavenders. >:I

FU FU FU FU

all part of my evil plan to make EVERYONE smell like a granny >:3

Holy crap, Leafpool, G-Mew used to get on my nerves so much. God.

I was going to say that too but decided to err on the side of tact. So... I offer my congratulations on improving immeasurably?

Does anyone remember AgentChronon? That was me.

I am... fairly certain I was the worst of everyone here. :O

Back
Top Bottom