• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pal Park (v 3.0)

Skeletons
Not just bears, either. All kinds of dangerous animals can be made more compliant by making them terrified of humans when they're small so they never think to fight back once they're large enough to trivially kill people. Fun fact: That's also my theory as to how Ghetsis trained his team in BW/2.
Snover-f
[Catch / Ignore]?
Inventory: Park Balls x1, Sableye (Female), Bronzor, Hawlucha (Female), Absol (Male), Hydreigon (Female), Lairon (Male), Shelgon (Male), Hippowdon (Female), Weavile (Female), Bronzong
Points for Encounter: 45
Total Points: 3870
Partner Pokémon: Blastoise

Stryke
Magnemite
Tynamo Male
[Catch Magnemite / Catch Tynamo / Ignore]?
Inventory: Park Balls x3, Ferroseed (Male), Hippopotas (Female), Snorunt (Male), Aerodactyl (Male), Magnemite, Beheeyem (Male), Elekid (Male), Drifblim (Female), Torkoal (Male), Ghost Gem, Magby (Male), Krookodile (Female), Charcoal, Snorunt (Female), Hitmontop (Male), Black Belt, Electric Gem, Vanillish (Male)
Points for Encounter: 105
Total Points: 8370
Partner Pokémon: Probopass

Skeletons
Yup! Ghetsis isn't a very nice person. And people in general aren't very nice people. (Orginal Black and White also, though I can see how the abbreviation might have been unclear.)
Litwick Female
[Catch / Ignore]?
Inventory: Park Balls x1, Sableye (Female), Bronzor, Hawlucha (Female), Absol (Male), Hydreigon (Female), Lairon (Male), Shelgon (Male), Hippowdon (Female), Weavile (Female), Bronzong
Total Points: 3915

Stryke
Dwebble Female
[Catch / Ignore]?
Inventory: Park Balls x3, Ferroseed (Male), Hippopotas (Female), Snorunt (Male), Aerodactyl (Male), Magnemite, Beheeyem (Male), Elekid (Male), Drifblim (Female), Torkoal (Male), Ghost Gem, Magby (Male), Krookodile (Female), Charcoal, Snorunt (Female), Hitmontop (Male), Black Belt, Electric Gem, Vanillish (Male)
Total Points: 8415

Skeletons
Yup! Ghetsis isn't a very nice person. And people in general aren't very nice people. (Orginal Black and White also, though I can see how the abbreviation might have been unclear.)
Litwick Female
[Catch / Ignore]?

Stryke
Dwebble Female
[Catch / Ignore]?

I'm pretty sure Ghestis is the worst out of all the main series villains. Giovanni was just a stereotypical villain, and even got a nice backstory and wasn't even that bad (he cares for his minions and his son a lot) and was just corrupted by greed and power, Maxie and Archie were just overly passionate, Cyrus had the right cause, but went about it in the wrong way, and Lysandre was the same. But Ghestis was rotten to the core, and even tried to freeze the player to death with Glaciate. To be fair, though, I think he was insane, for lack of a better word.

Stryke
Magnemite
[Catch / Ignore]?
Total Points: 8265

Wargle
To the best of my knowledge bears don't generally do tame. More like "respects a brightly-colored rope and a few rules as long as you don't provoke it, seem tasty, or look at it too hard", or else "mortally afraid of humans due to treatment as a cub".
Deino Female
[Catch / Ignore]?
Inventory: Park Balls x1, Zweilous (Male), Alakazam (Male), Hariyama (Male), Dawn Stone, Klinklang, Black Belt, Black Belt, Lucario (Male), Vanilluxe (Female), Charcoal, Steel Gem, Picture of a Weavile, Krookodile (Male), Rock Gem, Golurk, Bastiodon (Male), Black Belt, Conkeldurr (Male), Bug Gem, Electric Gem, Hawlucha (Male), Zoroark (Male), Psychic Gem, Hippopotas (Shiny) (Male), Charcoal, Charcoal, Poison Gem, Darmanitan (Male), Goodra (Female), Charcoal, Monferno (Male), Noivern (Female), Picture of an Excadrill, Fighting Gem, Angry Picture of a Shelgon
Points for Encounter: 60
Total Points: 41075
Partner Pokémon: Golem

Skeletons
Sandshrew Male
[Catch / Ignore]?
Total Points: 3825
Bears, like most other animals can do tame, it just takes raising them from birth. You can't exactly tame an adult.

Pass, but ask it to get a parent

Stryke
Indeed. And yet he somehow commands obedience from a team including but not limited to seven feet of electric lamprey, Blades: The Pokémon, and a dragon explicitly known for being indiscriminate and furious in its destructiveness. So you see why I think what I do about his training methods.
Rhyhorn-f
[Catch / Ignore]?
Total Points: 8460

Wargle
Even the ones that have been raised from birth you tend to have to be very careful around.
Slugma Female
[Catch / Ignore]?
Inventory: Park Balls x1, Zweilous (Male), Alakazam (Male), Hariyama (Male), Dawn Stone, Klinklang, Black Belt, Black Belt, Lucario (Male), Vanilluxe (Female), Charcoal, Steel Gem, Picture of a Weavile, Krookodile (Male), Rock Gem, Golurk, Bastiodon (Male), Black Belt, Conkeldurr (Male), Bug Gem, Electric Gem, Hawlucha (Male), Zoroark (Male), Psychic Gem, Hippopotas (Shiny) (Male), Charcoal, Charcoal, Poison Gem, Darmanitan (Male), Goodra (Female), Charcoal, Monferno (Male), Noivern (Female), Picture of an Excadrill, Fighting Gem, Angry Picture of a Shelgon
Total Points: 41120

Skeletons
Litwick Female
[Catch / Ignore]?

Stryke
Dwebble Female
[Catch / Ignore]?

ignoring

Good point, but I think I can see Cyrus doing something like that. I mean, he has Gyarados, which is the original destructive pokemon, and Weavile, which in addition to looking plain malicious has blade-like objects sticking out of its hands. His team isn't exactly giant floating lamprey or destruction dragon, but it's admittedly a bit unstable.

Last edited:
Skeletons
Elekid Male
[Catch / Ignore]?
Total Points: 3960

Stryke
True enough. Though on the other hand, Cyrus seems like he'd be more emotionally absent than outright abusive, and given that he's at least hinted to have been a good kid once it's possible he caught and trained his Pokémon before he got all supervillainish. Come to think of it, doesn't his Golbat evolve between the first and second battle?
Aron Female
[Catch / Ignore]?
Total Points: 8505

Deino Female
[Catch / Ignore]?
Points for Encounter: 60
Total Points: 4020

Yeah, I guess he does seem like that. And I never thought about his Crobat...

This is a bit off-topic, but doesn't it seem like Maxie and Archie are like extreme environmental activists? Like in the vein of PETA or something like that?

Skeletons
Machop Female
[Catch / Ignore]?
Total Points: 4065

Stryke
Isn't that basically the point? Team Plasma is kind of PETAish too, at least as far as the rank and file are concerned.
Hippopotas
[Catch / Ignore]?
Total Points: 8550

Helioptile Female
[Catch / Ignore]?
Total Points: 4110

Stryke
Indeed. And yet he somehow commands obedience from a team including but not limited to seven feet of electric lamprey, Blades: The Pokémon, and a dragon explicitly known for being indiscriminate and furious in its destructiveness. So you see why I think what I do about his training methods.
Rhyhorn-f
[Catch / Ignore]?
Total Points: 8460

Wargle
Even the ones that have been raised from birth you tend to have to be very careful around.
Slugma Female
[Catch / Ignore]?
Total Points: 41120
But they're still tamed.

Skeletons
Hippopotas-f
Bonsly Male
rockgem.png

[Catch Hippopotas / Catch Bonsly / Take Rock Gem / Ignore]?
Points for Encounter: 90
Total Points: 4200

Wargle
Which I'm sure will be a tremendous comfort to you when one takes your head off with a casual movement of its paws.
Makuhita Female
[Catch / Ignore]?
Total Points: 41165

Back
Top Bottom