• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémafia - Super Mystery Dungeon

a non-player on N1
no, I didn't get anything N1 because nobody died. I was Very Sad.
right yes, I got that, just meant like, the coincidence of an "odd one out" on the same night your passive didn't go off, combined with it matching up on the other night, just stood out to me. idk. it's seeming more like "probably nothing" the more i think about it (although then i'm curious where the "Herbe's rolecard was tampered with" actually did from...)

not much more to guess at without MF showing up but reminder that it's 3 hours to EoD, pls get your votes in people 🙏 would be bad to get this far and lose through apathy

I opted to not do anything n0, chained RNP n1, and protected qenya from Dark players' shared abilities n2. I was hoping to save my jailkeep for toNight as we're in or approaching LyLo, but got screwed out of that by my action changing >:(
actually no yeah there's one more thing i'm wondering... jack, why did you pick me to protect last night? at first i'd thought you'd picked up on my softclaims and realised i had a useful inforole, but with what's been said today, i've been wondering if i was being too subtle... was that it, or was there some other reasoning behind it?

not much more to guess at without MF showing up but reminder that it's 3 hours to EoD
i just checked telegram and realised that today is the brazilian general election so that might be why she's been a bit absent

as per usual i am open to an extension if it helps anybody with scheduling, doesn't make any difference either way to me

right, so, tell-all time it is. as I've mentioned, I am Ampharos, the dashing wanderer! ... but like, not as in the mafia role that apparently also exists and is called that. never heard of that one in my life previously. (although I sure as hell am stowing that list Herbe popped up with somewhere, I'm sure I'll be able to use it for many inscrutable and malicious GMing purposes-). no, rather, the thing is... well, let's be blunt, the whole Dashing Wanderer thing is a positive spin that Ampharos puts on the fact that he is, like a certain character that postcedes him in the Pokémon franchise, pants with directions. he is, in fact, so absolutely ditzy, that there's more than one scene in which he just sort of walks right into everyone around him while trying to figure out which way he's actually supposed to go

and that is the foundation of my role. each night, I can "bump into" a player, and then, if that player visited someone else or was visited by someone else, I "bump into" that other player as well, so and so forth but exluding repeats; at the end of the day, I'm informed of how many people I bumped into. nothing else, just the headcount.

I can also make some pretty goofy choices vis-a-vis who I can target with this power, incidentally, and I was informed of that upfront on my PM without even asking. N0, I put one of those goofy choices to use and targeted myself; however, I turned up a measily count of 1, presumably indicating that I visited a player, ie me (the fact that my target player was visited by me is not counted in the final number). N1, I considered checking out Herbe but it seemed like a crapshoot (if they were lying about the pseudo-oracle thing they would presumably avoid taking trackable night actions afterward if they possibly could), so I indulged my curiosity and tried out the other of my goofy options: checking out the discardee role. since that turned up a count of 0, I presumed that the public notification of "tampering" came from me; I wouldn't remotely describe what I was doing as "tampering" since it was a measly info check, but as best as my info held no one else targeted the discarded role on the same night.

... and then, this night, we have another "tampering notification", but I didn't target Herbe. so that's what's puzzling me, although having thought more about it, I suppose I should figure that the "tampering notification" occours anytime any role targets a role that isn't presently fully in the game, and it was just me checking out Shelmet last night, while tonight someone was snopping around Herbe's cadaver unbeknowst to any info my role pulls. and boy, my role has really not pulled much info of any use up until now, huh

all I can offer up is that I checked out qenya last night, eyebrows aheft about her weird wobbly EoD yesterDay, but as I'm walking in with another 0 in my hands, either she's telling the truth, or she took care to lie in a way that would match her night action patterns to a role like mine. which is why I've been taking my sweet time sorting through that claim, because it's so absolutely crucial to solve for toDay that I determine which of those two it is. but I suppose I'm just going to get pounded in the butt by the EoD again if I keep taking so long with shit, so, time to get decisive. ... just give me like, another couple minutes-

i just checked telegram and realised that today is the brazilian general election so that might be why she's been a bit absent
you would not BELIEVE the line at my polling place- I'm home now at least though!

unless otherwise claimed I'm just going to assume that Jack's weird role change superseded his night action N2, thus he didn't successfully target qenya after all

it's enough to be frantically ISOing two people already

I opted to not do anything n0, chained RNP n1, and protected qenya from Dark players' shared abilities n2. I was hoping to save my jailkeep for toNight as we're in or approaching LyLo, but got screwed out of that by my action changing >:(
actually no yeah there's one more thing i'm wondering... jack, why did you pick me to protect last night? at first i'd thought you'd picked up on my softclaims and realised i had a useful inforole, but with what's been said today, i've been wondering if i was being too subtle... was that it, or was there some other reasoning behind it?
I did not pick up on that, I just skimmed through a reread of the Day's posts and felt that you were being the most helpful/solvey, so I figured therefore there was a better-than-coin-flip chance that you'd be the nightkill target

unless otherwise claimed I'm just going to assume that Jack's weird role change superseded his night action N2, thus he didn't successfully target qenya after all
well, zori already laid out night action order for us, so it should be pretty easy to verify, right?

Dropping this here for general information:
I realized that this might not be intuitive for all situations, and that this could cause confusion or a different result happen than may be expected according to standard expectations.

Order of Operations:
Manipulative Actions (Roleblocks, Redirections, etc.)
Protective Actions (Doctors, etc.)
Miscellanea (Up to host discretion)
Killing Actions (Anything that kills people)
Investigative Actions (Anything that returns feedback to you)

All actions (with the exception of Manipulative Actions) are queued up to occur in a specific, predetermined order, and are then processed serially.
Passive abilities often take effect as soon as they are triggered and process immediately after the action that triggers them.
...honestly i am having trouble parsing this but i will get back to you. one sec

hm. i guess it depends whether whatever changed jack's role (...or so he claims) counts as a "manipulative action" or "miscellanea"

okay, so, here goes: I think the present situation makes me a little more sympathetic to qenya's strange choices in last night's EoD -- perhaps I should have picked up on it, too, as clearly exasperated as she was at the point when she went "ugh god fine let it rand". otoh, I keep seeing but so many small red flags with haneko. like "pressure voting" people at the ass-end of EoD and not moving off, or being weirdly hasty to proclaim that Jack sounds towny earlier today (don't we know that mafiosxs sometimes just... act like they're confused)

so, barring any extensions, park my ass on haneko and cross my fingers about it; although frankly I think I'd rather just get this poll done with today, I don't know if that'd be better for the game but I have a different poll to spend the rest of today worried about-

btw, jack, was your deceased jailer action "prevents the target from using or being targeted by night actions", or was it "prevents the target from targeting or being targeted by night actions"? or something else altogether?

because if your jailing was supposed to stop qenya's non-targeting night action from going through, it ostensibly didn't either

because if your jailing was supposed to stop qenya's non-targeting night action from going through, it ostensibly didn't either
no no, he said the jailkeeper was the one JOAT ability he didn't get to use

ah, I see -- basically healing, albeit apparently phrased specifically as protection against mafia factional actions. well, that still targets no matter how you look at it, I suppose, so back to square one

"protecting from dark players' shared abilities", which I take to mean basically "healing", yeah, assuming the mafia has a normal factional nightkill

which i guess they don't, necessarily. especially given herbe's cryptic first poem

yeah, my GMese tells me this is a way to hedge information about what exactly the mafia's action analogous to a nightkill is, but we seem to be shit out of luck wrt figuring out what it actually is unless someone makes a breakthrough on interpreting Herbe's poem, and frankly figuring that out doesn't really solve for toDay either

(although if Jack is scum too -- very plausible w/w with haneko -- he'd also have incentive to put on his own GMese to continue concealing the secret of what the mafia's got in their trunk, which he'd now, but not want us to)

so based on what you've said i'm thinking jack is probably looking sketchier than ZM, but just thinking about ways we could figure it out for certain...

obviously i am going to put through a more tightly worded question tonight, enabling us to actually solve the game, for real this time. so after we dispose of haneko (who seems to have gone into antispew? valid tbh, i would in her shoes) the remaining mafioso needs to off or roleblock me in order to stay alive, thus needing to visit me.

so MF, you can target one of either Jack or ZM (don't say which), and the two of them can promise not to use any night actions (at least not any night actions targeting anyone). that way, if i die, you'll know whether your target is innocent or guilty based on whether or not they come back as having targeted someone. right?

the only way this doesn't work is if the remaining mafioso can simultaneously kill/roleblock me and also visit the other suspect. or if they can somehow kill/roleblock me without visiting me. i'm not quite sure how to get around that possibility.

Back
Top Bottom