• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémafia - Super Mystery Dungeon

oh, btw there is technically one other possibility... which is that Novae, who we don't have any information about at all, was the second mafioso and we'll all just win as soon as we elim haneko

i haven't really been considering it seriously, firstly because it doesn't seem very likely when the "petrification" death flavour sounds mafia-coded (esp based on herbe's first poem), and secondly (and more pertinently) because it doesn't affect what the correct course of action should be. but i thought i would mention it for completeness.

that seems reasonable, yeah; the good ole coinflip. wish there was a better thing we could do to coordinate these powers, but, well, yours is plainly more useful than mine by a long shot, which is why we're probably looking at a dead you tomorrow

and I mean, if we win with this lynch, then cool, we won and there's nothing else to be done; we have to make plans specifically for if the game is still rolling after this

man, I thought this was going to be a lot more frantic of an EoD. is it really just me and qenya in here?

I agree with haneko for today

I was hoping to use my new night action's announcement-to-the-target side effect as a verification method for my new role, but your plan seems better qenya! so I will refrain from using my night action

(of course your plan is predicated on M&F being town -- have I overlooked a confirmation/pseudoconfirmation that she's telling the truth about her role? I recall somebody was sus about her early on, and I just know if she's indeed scum, graveyard chat is going to be absolutely bemoaning this plan. scum!M&F easily kills qenya, says she pinged either me or ZM doing it, and gets the other to vote with her to hit parity...)

(brain frantically panicking worrying town is about to lose this game. what if qenya/M&F are scumteam and qenya's questions being posted in the thread is not an oracle role at all but instead a scum broadcaster role whose night action is to give zori a message to be posted in the daypost. we have had a role like that in tcodfia in the past, I forget which game, but I remember it. I have (checks watch) 5 minutes to shower before I have to start work so I absolutely cannot ISO and figure out whether this is a possibility. godspeed I hope this panic attack is wrong)

(of course your plan is predicated on M&F being town -- have I overlooked a confirmation/pseudoconfirmation that she's telling the truth about her role? I recall somebody was sus about her early on, and I just know if she's indeed scum, graveyard chat is going to be absolutely bemoaning this plan. scum!M&F easily kills qenya, says she pinged either me or ZM doing it, and gets the other to vote with her to hit parity...)
yep, my last question (well, question-component) was asking whether there was a Light-aligned Ampharos role, and I got told that there was. I think the flavours are pretty ironclad now that everybody has claimed theirs and nobody has counterclaimed anybody

(brain frantically panicking worrying town is about to lose this game. what if qenya/M&F are scumteam and qenya's questions being posted in the thread is not an oracle role at all but instead a scum broadcaster role whose night action is to give zori a message to be posted in the daypost. we have had a role like that in tcodfia in the past, I forget which game, but I remember it. I have (checks watch) 5 minutes to shower before I have to start work so I absolutely cannot ISO and figure out whether this is a possibility. godspeed I hope this panic attack is wrong)
oh this is a fascinating idea... gonna admit, that didn't occur to me as an accusation i might have to defend against, and i'm not sure how i even would, it seems inherently unfalsifiable. i guess you could ask me to ask a question that i would have no other way of knowing, and confirm that i got the right answer back? but that would take a whole extra day/night cycle, which we don't have if both mafia are still left... mrgrgr. maybe i should have claimed yesterDay after all

well, yeah, it is a good question; I too am putting my faith on qenya here without anyone else's claims or mechinfo to go off of -- just that her claim doesn't contradict my knowledge and I've made the final executive decision to believe her over haneko. I didn't even properly catch the part where her claim clears me, but what can I say, it's hard to complain about that when I almost got halfway afk lynched last time-

it might help to consider that I was probably going to look like the scumteam of whoever I backed here no matter what

but yeah, it's just, like -- you should consider every possible scenario, but at some point you're going to have to decide which one your find more or less likely, because there just isn't a risk-free choice to take. wouldn't be much of a game if it consisted of risk-free choices, y'know?

(quickly popping back in in between work)

yep, my last question (well, question-component) was asking whether there was a Light-aligned Ampharos role, and I got told that there was. I think the flavours are pretty ironclad now that everybody has claimed theirs and nobody has counterclaimed anybody
incredible, I love it, wonderful. I had forgotten about that

oh this is a fascinating idea... gonna admit, that didn't occur to me as an accusation i might have to defend against, and i'm not sure how i even would, it seems inherently unfalsifiable. i guess you could ask me to ask a question that i would have no other way of knowing, and confirm that i got the right answer back? but that would take a whole extra day/night cycle, which we don't have if both mafia are still left... mrgrgr. maybe i should have claimed yesterDay after all
let me quickly think this through -- if we yeet haneko and the game continues, there will only be four of us left, so there can't be two scum left after that (2v2 would be parity), and you've already confirmed Ampharos/M&F, so therefore you only need to check me and ZM. "Add 1 if Deerling is light aligned, add 2 if {ZM's flavor that I don't have time to go check} is light aligned," and then you still have the add-4 question available, right?

what if you say "add 4 if Deerling's original role PM includes the word 'three' ". granted this only works if you survive to toMorrow to give a result and I survive to toMorrow to tell you if you got it right, but still

or am I overlooking a third question that you need to ask tonight?

let me quickly think this through -- if we yeet haneko and the game continues, there will only be four of us left, so there can't be two scum left after that (2v2 would be parity), and you've already confirmed Ampharos/M&F, so therefore you only need to check me and ZM. "Add 1 if Deerling is light aligned, add 2 if {ZM's flavor that I don't have time to go check} is light aligned," and then you still have the add-4 question available, right?

what if you say "add 4 if Deerling's original role PM includes the word 'three' ". granted this only works if you survive to toMorrow to give a result and I survive to toMorrow to tell you if you got it right, but still

that works fine except for the fact that if you're the second mafioso, you can just lie about what the correct answer is in order to cast doubt on me

it occurs to me though that we don't actually need to check both you and ZM? because if one of you is town, the other must be mafia

so i could do something like: add 1 if Deerling is light-aligned, add 2 if Deerling's original role PM includes the word 'three', add 4 if [something that only ZM knows]. that way either of you could confirm it. does that work?

that works fine except for the fact that if you're the second mafioso, you can just lie about what the correct answer is in order to cast doubt on me

it occurs to me though that we don't actually need to check both you and ZM? because if one of you is town, the other must be mafia

so i could do something like: add 1 if Deerling is light-aligned, add 2 if Deerling's original role PM includes the word 'three', add 4 if [something that only ZM knows]. that way either of you could confirm it. does that work?
yeah! that seems like it works to me!

all we need is a yes-or-no question about your role PM that i couldn't possibly know the answer to

Back
Top Bottom