• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokemon Desert Moon and Forest Sun

Icalasari

YAY! NEW AVATAR! :D
Story

BEWARE: I did NOT refine the plot in this case! If someone wants to do that, then I would be happy if they did so:

There is an ex-military psychopath who trains dark types. He has a very small (as in 10 or so grunts and a couple admins. Heck, all of them will have names! :D) team to help him with his operations in the desert. You first encounter his team in Sunny Woods (The route just after the town you start in), although you don't battle them there. All you hear is something about birds, so you assume they are bird collectors and go on. About one or two badges later, you start getting entwined in their affairs. You slowly learn of their plan, piece by piece, to capture the Legendary Lugia (Desert Moon. Forest Sun involves Ho-oh instead), which is being revealed by the clues they seek for to find the location of said bird. After the fifth gym, you intercept them in their desert base. Before you can even face the leader though, he gives a speech, then, just as he goes to a door, says, "Oh, and the base is about to blow up" (or something to that extent). The door seals shut behind him, and it shows a quick scene of your character running like hell. You just barely make it. You then assume the crazy ass blew himself up with the base... Until after the seventh gym, when you see a glimpse of them running towards the lake. You give chase, kick the butt of one of the three admins for the second time (Two major operations before the base, and the base itself, is where you face each admin for the first time. There are also many minor scuffles with the grunts along the way. No rival in the game :O). You then are about to catch the leader... At which point, he grins, and says something to the extent of, "So, Lugia (Ho-oh) is resting near your home town...", and then the fly animation takes him away. There is a gate near your home town that blocks off part of the forest, which is filled with powerful ghost types. Seven Badges are needed to get in. When you get there, you go through a few grunts, and then go into a double battle with the remaining two admins (your ally would be the Ghost Gym Leader). You then catch up with the bad guy, who just made it to the bird. The bird does the following:

Lugia: GYAAGH! *Animation comes up where the screen flashes a few times, then water cascades up. It switches to the main animation, where it shows the forest and the mountains in the back. Watery twisters appear, going up. They then stop and crash down. Return to the field, where there is now a small lake with a shrine in the center. The Whirl Temple*

Ho-oh: SCREEAH! *Animation comes up where the screen flashes a few times, then rainbows shoot up. It switches to the main animation, where it shows the forest and the mountains in the back. Rainbows shoot down to the forest, then the screen flashes and reveals a huge crystal tower. Return to the field, where there is now a huge crystal tower. The Rainbow Tower*

You go to the Bottom/Top (Lugia: Wild Pokemon are strong Psychic, Water, and Dark Types. Ho-oh: Wild Pokemon are strong Psychic, Fire, and Flying Types), and see the guy finishing off the bird. Different Animations depending on bird time:

Lugia: Gy...Gy... Aghah... *Looks at you. Screen flashes and it says, "Lugia used the last of its strength to heal your team!". Lugia then faints*

Ho-Oh: Scra... Ech... *Looks at you. Screen flashes and it says, "Ho-oh used the last of its strength to heal your team!".Ho-oh then faints*

The guy looks at you and forces you into a battle with his COMPETITIVE TEAM! When you win (miraculously, of course), the bird wakes up, having had time to heal. The guy goes to it, about to handle it himself. The bird blasts him, and you presume him to be gone for good. You then are given the gift of a wing before the bird disappears. You are then allowed out. After beating the final gym leader, he tells you about how he believes the bird may return when you prove yourself... By beating the E4. You then are given HM 08 along with the usual Badge and TM. After beating the E4, you hear of a Crystal Tower (Or a Stone Temple in Forest Sun) appearing in a lake north of the E4, which is where the other bird lies. You need the other wing, of course.

Team

Me - Story, Teams, Pokedex, Region Design, Regional Pokedex, Map, etc...
Fluffy Clouds - Events Programmer, Script Writer
Blastoise428 (Possibly. Not sure if somebody else swiped the username on here) - Spriter

Still room (ALOT of room...) for people who want to help... :D?

Also, the rom being used for the hack is Emerald for two reasons:

1) Battle Frontier
2) Gym Leader Rematches :D Yes, I like them too! :D

Gyms and Elite Four

Grass (Female)
Bug (Male)
Rock (Male)
Ground (Female)
Fire (Male)
Flying (Female)
Ice (Female)
Ghost (Male)

Elite Four:

Electric (Female)
Fighting (Male)
Psychic (Male)
Steel (Female)
Champion (Female)

Special Features

-A mysterious Island not on the map, with a small city on it that defies reason. Missingno. calls this place home. Will you find the beast and tame it?

Last edited:
I am hoping to find somebody willing to script the ability to trade with D/P via using the internet to gain a direct link to Nintendo WiFi (Making it use the, "Came from a distant land" or "Arrived from Kanto" tag if necessary). It would have a block causing it to not register on D/P if the other game had a Pokemon not recognized on it. Also, it would prevent the glitch Pokemon from being traded (yes, Missingno. (All forms), Bad Egg, Charizard'M and a few others will be available... Everybody who replies to this, please give input as to which Glitch Pokemon from Red/Blue/Yellow/Green will be added. Only three others will be added). The game would be released before that with the script you described, EvilCrazyMonkey, so they can trade any valuable Pokemon to an updated version with that ability...

Yes, it will be a programming nightmare. Good thing I have no clue how to program, requiring somebody else to do it for me! :D *shotshotshot*

I am hoping to find somebody willing to script the ability to trade with D/P via using the internet to gain a direct link to Nintendo WiFi (Making it use the, "Came from a distant land" or "Arrived from Kanto" tag if necessary). It would have a block causing it to not register on D/P if the other game had a Pokemon not recognized on it. Also, it would prevent the glitch Pokemon from being traded (yes, Missingno. (All forms), Bad Egg, Charizard'M and a few others will be available... Everybody who replies to this, please give input as to which Glitch Pokemon from Red/Blue/Yellow/Green will be added. Only three others will be added). The game would be released before that with the script you described, EvilCrazyMonkey, so they can trade any valuable Pokemon to an updated version with that ability...

Yes, it will be a programming nightmare. Good thing I have no clue how to program, requiring somebody else to do it for me! :D *shotshotshot*

Ugh.... I think the only way for DP to connect to the GenIII games is that it reads/writes hex data from the cartridge. So, you don't have to script anything on the ROM; you just need to leave the save data untouched. But you probably will cause a crash if you use the free Pokémon spots and try to port them over.
And plus, you'd have to have that on a flash cartridge to do it anyway :/.

I'm in charge of that. So don't worry.

Ugh... I don't think that there's a "special 0xHEX#" command to set up a connection. And you'd have to do that from the hex line, which would kill.

Huh. And anyways, the free Pokemon slots would likely be read as 4th generation Pokemon (E.G. Since Missingno. would have Turtwig's Pokedex Number in the game, well, it would turn into Turtwig)

Also, people CAN port glitches over to D/P without crashing it. Since they have no spots programmed for them to be in Pal Park, though, it makes Pal park useless then

I just want to know, is trading between a fake game and a real game even possibly?

I can help you with some of this like Beta Testing and whatnot and getting pictures and stuff too. I can also edit the Gym Leaders but I would need the sprites. I forgot how to edit the images in the game but I know how to change the Pokemon drastically. I can also help with Advance Map. But I do have one question. Do you have a scripter? I can't script for crap and even if I tried, ScriptED doesn't work for my computer. Do you have a scripting program that is easy to use? I really want to learn how to script.

EvilCrazyMonkey said:
Ugh... I don't think that there's a "special 0xHEX#" command to set up a connection. And you'd have to do that from the hex line, which would kill.
I think you do need a flash cartridge to link up with D/P. I think EvilCrazyMonkey was right there. A flash cartridge is a GBA cartridge that you can put ROMS on. As long as the ROM code is the same, I think you can still use Pal Park.

Oh, and Stryke, use XSE for scripting.

I do have a scripter. And yes, it is possible. It would recognize this game as Emerald Version, though.

And sure, you can be a Beta Tester... Once we have something to beta test XD First, i am waiting on somebody, anybody, to add extra room to total attacks and the Pokedex so Missingno. and the others don't crash the game.

EDIT: Maybe... Oh well, if nobody can program a way for it to weasel its way into Nintendo's WiFi Connection, then I guess we will have to include instructions in the game somewhere on how to upload it to a flash cart...

Are you talking about connecting maps? You can already do that in Advance Map. Who'd be dumb enough to connect maps with a hex editor?

I don't know. Its already simple enough with ADV Map.

EDIT: Oh cool. Please, can someone please figure out how to do that because then you can program gitf pokemon into the game!

Oh, btw, the bad guy is called Sullivan...

Not sure if that will fit, though, so if somebody knows a name that is shorthand for Sullivan, then that would help x.x

Only the player's name has to hit the 7-character limit. Giovanni is 8 characters, just like Sullivan; there was also a Lass Zaborowski in the Crystal Battle Tower (10 characters). I'd say 10 is your limit for NPC names, so you'd probably be fine.

...Wonder why they impose a seven letter limit on Players then?

Well, why don't you ask... well... maybe Nintendo doesn't know either.
Meh, it could have something to do with the memory left or something. :/

EDIT::
Oh, and for the connection thing, I meant with each other, as in a connection between Desert Moon and Forest Sun.

I'd like to point out that even if you DID get onto Wi-Fi, you'd get a cease-and-desist, and, if it was already in circulation, a block. You'd be working for about a day.

Back
Top Bottom