• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokemon Go

JackPK

blame telegram
Pronoun
he/him
So according to various fandom sources (Bulbanews, Serebii, Reddit), Pokemon Go appears to be available now in a small number of areas (Australia, Japan, and the West Coast of the US, as far as I can tell) on Android, but not iOS as far as I've heard.

Anybody have it yet? How are you liking it?

Meanwhile I'm sitting here in Texas, twiddling my thumbs, waiting for it to be available over here...

Do you know which site it was on?

If you visit the Pokemon Go subreddit, it shouldn't be too hard to find a link to the APK. But be warned: nobody's sure at this point whether people who downloaded the APK will get banned for doing so. Also, last I heard the servers have been down worldwide for the last few hours, and there's speculation that perhaps Niantic is keeping the servers entirely until they're ready to roll things out for everyone, everywhere.

We need not wait any longer: pokemon go has been officially released as of an hour ago!!

If you visit the Pokemon Go subreddit, it shouldn't be too hard to find a link to the APK. But be warned: nobody's sure at this point whether people who downloaded the APK will get banned for doing so. Also, last I heard the servers have been down worldwide for the last few hours, and there's speculation that perhaps Niantic is keeping the servers entirely until they're ready to roll things out for everyone, everywhere.

Yeah, right now I can't access anything - I don't know if it's because they region-locked it, or if I'm banned because I pirated it.

For a bit the servers were down so that might be it?

I got a bulbasaur and an eevee!!! :o

I managed to get it from the iPhone's App Store just fine! It got released when I was sitting in the theater watching Wicked, so I downloaded it/set up my Trainer during intermission and then started catching Pokemon on the way to the car, then again when I got back home.

There were a shit ton of Poke Spots and stuff downtown (I got at least five in the single block between the theater and the stairs down to the underground parking garage), but there's only like two within a half-hour's walk of my apartment 40 minutes out in the suburbs :(

But I've got it sitting on my lap at home in power save mode and it's vibrating whenever a Pokemon randomly shows up, and now I've got Charmander, a few Pidgey, a few Rattata, Eevee, Venonat, Ekans and Spearow! :D

EDIT: Oh, and there's an unclaimed gym at the hardware store across the street from me for some reason. I'm only at level 3 but I'll have to claim it once I reach level 5!

Before I got locked out, I had a Bulbasaur, a female Nidoran, and a Staryu. There are four Pokespots near my house: at the vet's office, two in a church, and at the tennis courts, as well as a few at the park a little farther down the road.

I got it right before I had to go to bed, so all I have right now is a Bulbasaur...

Anyway, there are more pokespots than I expected to be by me, and there's even a gym (at least, that's what assume that giant gold marker to be). I've got a lot of exploring/catching up to do...

Last edited:
When it actually comes out there won't be any Pokémon around me since I live in the Pit of Nothingness. I could just pretend the sheep are Pokémon and throw tennis balls at them...

EVERYONE I KNOW KEEPS TALKING ABOUT THIS GAME AND I WANNA PLAY BUT MY PHONE DOESN'T HAVE A FUCKING GYROSCOPE SO I CAN'T AR

sulks in a corner

Back
Top Bottom