• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokemon Online (RMT)

Ether's Bane

future Singaporean
Pronoun
he
Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Knock Off
- Counter

Swampert (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 Atk / 80 Def / 172 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Aqua Tail
- Focus Punch
- Yawn
- Ice Punch

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Aromatherapy
- Thunder Wave
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Starmie @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Scald
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Dragon Pulse
- Psychic
- Recover

Volcarona (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flame Body
- Quiver Dance
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Water]
- Bug Buzz

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Knock Off
- Counter

It's different than I usually run, but this is neat. Maybe go the counterpart of Calm (I forget what it is off the top of my head, but go for +SDef, -SAtt) as you won't be using the Sp. Attack stat, so you can stunt its growth without regret. And the one thing I don't get is if you're going to run Taunt, why have Counter as your main Damaging move? I would go with EQ over Counter, if only so you can do decent damage while Taunt is in effect.

Swampert (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 Atk / 80 Def / 172 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Aqua Tail
- Focus Punch
- Yawn
- Ice Punch

First, how do you expect to use Focus Punch without Substitute to any effective means? I mean, if you get hit your attack is negated. I highly suggest Brick Break over Focus Punch for this reason. And as someone once told me, (I believe it was either Mustardear or sresservoir) you will find it is more beneficial to boost Hp as opposed to split over defenses because look at Blissey; if you hit her with a weak enough physical attack, she'll survive it due to Hp alone. Also, I feel like Damp will work effectively enough on her over Torrent because you can send him out to keep common Explosion users (a.k.a. Bronzong) in check. And you may find that Waterfall is better over Aqua Tail because you trade away 10 power, you gain the ever relevant and important reliability.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef
- Aromatherapy
- Thunder Wave
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Now, I've never used Blissey, and I know this is a very common set, but I would like you to consider running Seismic Toss and Softboiled over your Boltbeam combo there, for one main reason: while boltbeam may provide more coverage, this wall set gives you the ability to stall for longer. Also, it might benefit you to switch your EV spread (for either) and your nature for the wall set. I say this because while Blissey has absolutely abysmal defense, that doesn't mean you should flat out abandon it. In fact, Blissey's defense almost deserves to be aided in all and any manners you can find.

Starmie @ Life Orb
- Scald
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

This is kind of funny, because I was just talking to a friend about this. Even though Natural Cure is really neat, I would suggest you run Analytic on Starmie because even though it might not seem like it, Starmie untrained in speed will get outrun by a bunch of things, including Scarfed Heatran, so getting that extra boost is always appreciated.

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
- Ice Beam
- Dragon Pulse
- Psychic
- Recover

Unless this is purposely an Uber team, you might want to run Latias instead, but. I'm not too familiar with Latios, but I'm looking at it on Smogon, and yours is very unconventional. While Recover is almost always there, Ice Beam and Psychic are not, and Dragon Pulse is occasionally. Now, I understand Dragon Pulse over Draco Meteor or something else, so I'll let that be. Ice Beam even makes good sense to me (even though it seems more common to run Thunder or Grass Knot), but the only thing I don't get it Psychic. Yes, it is really powerful, coupled with STAB and Latios's incredible Sp. Attack, but the psychic type has its downsides. One, Dark is immune to it (not really and issue, though), and two, if you keep Psychic, you will have no way to effectively battle Steel Types with him, which is a shame considering he has the ability hit every pokemon neutral. Both combos Dragon/Electric and Dragon/Fire hit all types neutral, so its a shame not do that if you have the ability. If Thunder isn't your cup of soup, then I suggest Hidden Power (fire), as this will increase your potency by an extremely helpful amount.

Volcarona (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flame Body
- Quiver Dance
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Water]
- Bug Buzz

Again, I know nothing of Volcarona, because I have never used one. I enjoy the randomness of Hidden Power (water) because no one will ever expect it, much like Flamethrower on Slowking. While Heat Wave is nice because of its 5 extra power, Flamethrower is almost too much better because of its 10 extra accuracy. Now, I know I've talked of reliability and its importance before, but think of it this way: evasion increase is banned. Let's say its your last pokemon against your opponent's last pokemon, and you both have super effective moves, but you're definitely faster. Wouldn't you rather know for a fact that your last chance to win is a definite hit? That's all I'm saying.

Over all, I'm not a huge fan of how all of your pokemon either have leftovers or a Life Orb, bar Gliscor. I always build teams with Item Clause in mind, and while its not always there, many people run it, to deter those who use nothing but Life Orbs in an attempt to make their entire teams really OP. At least, that's why I use it.

Last edited:
Run an Eviolite Chansey instead, it may not have as much HP but it's defenses will be higher than Blissey's.

I agree with pretty much everything Sizz-lorr said, except a few things.

1. For Gliscor, USE MAX HP. ALWAYS. Then, If you want it more inclined on taking special hits, I suggest maxing Sp Def BUT conserving a defense-increasing nature, as the more a stat is high, the more its gonna be boosted by the nature, and Gliscor's def is amazing. Aslo Counter is a bad idea as people will want to hit it with special attacks considering his awesome def. Use EQ.

2. Fighting type moves are near useless on Swampert. Use EQ for much more power and similar coverage.

3. Starmie with Natural Cure is better imo. Analytic only works if you move last, and when Starmie moves last, with its poor uninvested defense, it is likely its going to take a huge amount of damage. Natural Cure, on the other hand, lets you absorb all statuses aimed at your team, which is a godsend when Blissey / Chansey is down. However, LO Starmie won't be able to last long with LO and crappy defenses, so I would consider either running wish on blissey / Chansey or replacing T-Bolt or Ice Beam by Recover.

4. Ice Beam on Latios is useless, Thunder / Grass Knot / Surf / HP Fire are all other, better options that all have their own merits. Also, Psychic is now ridiculously useful because of all those fightings running around, and as an ok move coverage.

5. Hidden Power Water on Volcarona is rarely used because Water and Fire have redundant coverage, being both walled by Water-types and Dragon-types, both of which are extremely common in OU. I would seriously consider HP Ice instead.

Hope it helped.

Flamethrower/Heat Wave is practically always outclassed by Fiery Dance or Fire Blast. Fiery Dance can nab you that ever-useful sp. atk boost and is still reliable at a decent 80 BP and 100% accuracy, and Fire Blast is for immediate power.

how frequently is heat wave used on things that get flamethrower anyway? the extra 5 BP is only really useful if you have something specific in mind, and the difference between perfect and imperfect accuracy is huge.

(ice/electric/water is resisted by lanturn... and lightningrod seaking ??)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom