• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Registration Office

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon Registration Office

One sec...Here we are!

I'll take these Pokemon's!

[Snort] Swinub [M]
Ability: Oblivious
Rarity 2 (£7)

[Bubbly] Azurill [F]
Ability: HUGE POWER
Rarity 4 (£13)

[Weeder] Oddish [M]
Ability: Chlorophyll
Rarity 1 (£5)

[Shielded] Bronzor [-]
Ability: Heatproof
Rarity 1 (£5)

[Pathe] Magikarp [F]
Ability: Swift Swim
Rarity 1 (£5)

[Wormed] Wurmple [M]
Ability: Shield Dust
Rarity 1 (£5)

[Cottony] Swablu [F]
Ability: Natural Cure
Rarity 1 (£5)

Phew!
That should do it!

One sec...Here we are!

I'll take these Pokemon's!

[Snort] Swinub [M]
Ability: Oblivious
Rarity 2 (£7)

[Bubbly] Azurill [F]
Ability: HUGE POWER
Rarity 4 (£13)

[Weeder] Oddish [M]
Ability: Chlorophyll
Rarity 1 (£5)

[Shielded] Bronzor [-]
Ability: Heatproof
Rarity 1 (£5)

[Pathe] Magikarp [F]
Rarity 1 (£5)

[Wormed] Wurmple [M]
Ability: Shield Dust
Rarity 1 (£5)

[Cottony] Swablu [F]
Ability: Natural Cure
Rarity 1 (£5)

Phew!
That should do it!
Team approved.

Buizel is too awesome. Gotta have one!

[Floatie] Buizel (Male)
Price: $10

Also are we allowed to purchase shinies? Because if Floatie were shiny, that'd be awesome. If you can, but it's over $14, then I'll just have him regular!

Oh look a link~

Buizel is too awesome. Gotta have one!

[Floatie] Buizel (Male)
Price: $10

Also are we allowed to purchase shinies? Because if Floatie were shiny, that'd be awesome. If you can, but it's over $14, then I'll just have him regular!

Oh look a link~

Shiny Pokémon can be purchased just the same as regular ones and don't cost anything extra. You could even make up your own random color schemes (like my red Salamence), patterns or other changes. As long as it doesn't affect the way a Pokémon actually performs in battle (giving it extra-muscular arms, giving a Pikachu wings, armor or magic tattoos that make it immune to freezing, etc.) and the change is purely cosmetic, you can do whatever you want. Changes like the wings/tattoos/whatever would need to be approved as signature attributes, but shininess doesn't affect the way the Pokémon battles and so is no big deal.

Approved, anyway.

Oh! Then, can I change his flotation sac thing to black, but the rest of him is shiny? I think that would look cool!

[Leo] Shinx (Male)
Ability: Intimidate
Move Mod: None
Body Mod: Blue fur is orange.
Money: $7

[Raider] Budew (Male)
Ability: Poison Point
Body Mod: None
Money: $5

45-12= $33

Last edited:

Oh! Then, can I change his flotation sac thing to black, but the rest of him is shiny? I think that would look cool!

That's fine. You don't need permission for purely cosmetic changes, though.

[Leo] Shinx (Male)
Body Mod: Blue fur is orange.
Money: $7

[Raider] Budew (Male)
Ability: Poison Point
Money: $5

45-12= $33

A simple color change is not a body mod; the body mod slot is reserved for changes that will have an actual effect in battle. If you just want to change the Shinx's color then make an extra note about it and leave the body mod slot alone. Your team is approved, but fix that when you post your profile.

[Venom] Ekans (M)
Ability: Shed Skin
Price: $5

[Storm] Shinx (M)
Price: $7

Paid for here.

Last edited:

Grimdour the Desecrater

Denied.

The only body mod you can receive for free is a signature attribute. You'd have to buy them from the appropriate businesses if you want anything else.

A simple color change is not a body mod; the body mod slot is reserved for changes that will have an actual effect in battle. If you just want to change the Shinx's color then make an extra note about it and leave the body mod slot alone. Your team is approved, but fix that when you post your profile.

Ah, OK. Thanks. ^_^

Grimdour the Desecrater

Repost everything; don't edit.

Also, shinx is $7. lalala didn't miss that the first time, nope.

I would like to purchase a Meditie for $13

A Mudkip for $25

And a Poochyena for $5

Which leaves me with $2.

:)

A Mudkip for $25

And a Poochyena for $5

Which leaves me with $2.

:)

First of all, your Pokémon need genders and abilities (or, at least, Poochyena needs an ability; Mudkip and Meditite only have one ability each, so they're obvious, but Poochyena can have either Quick Feet or Run Away and you need to state which one you want). Second, since you are purchasing a starting team, you only have to pay $10 for one traditional starter Pokémon (Mudkip). You also need to link this post to the bank post in which you pay for them and link the bank post to this one. Look at the other purchase posts in this thread for examples.

EDIT: Actually, now I look at it you didn't even make a payment post in the bank at all; you only made a "thank you" post which, while polite, is unnecessary. Whenever you purchase something you need to actually post in the bank about it so the staff can update your account and keep accurate records of how much money you have. In that bank post you need to include a link to the post in which you spend the money (in this case, the post in this thread where you ask for your team); the post in this thread needs to have a link to the relevant post in the bank. This gives the approval staff proof that you have the money and gives the bank staff proof that you actually spent what you said you did. Again, look at what everyone else in the bank has done.

Make a new post with your team, including the changes I've mentioned, and then make an actual payment post in the bank and link the two posts to one another. Do not edit the old posts because we will not notice that.

Last edited:

First of all, your Pokémon need genders and abilities (or, at least, Poochyena needs an ability; Mudkip and Meditite only have one ability each, so they're obvious, but Poochyena can have either Quick Feet or Run Away and you need to state which one you want).
Oh! I'm sorry... I guess Poochy will have "Quick Feet", then.
Second, since you are purchasing a starting team, you only have to pay $10 for one traditional starter Pokémon (Mudkip). You also need to link this post to the bank post in which you pay for them and link the bank post to this one. Look at the other purchase posts in this thread for examples.
I saw somethying about that in the First Post, but I didn't understand, so thank you for clearing that up! Now I'm less broke. *or will be*

EDIT: Actually, now I look at it you didn't even make a payment post in the bank at all; you only made a "thank you" post which, while polite, is unnecessary. Whenever you purchase something you need to actually post in the bank about it so the staff can update your account and keep accurate records of how much money you have. In that bank post you need to include a link to the post in which you spend the money (in this case, the post in this thread where you ask for your team); the post in this thread needs to have a link to the relevant post in the bank. This gives the approval staff proof that you have the money and gives the bank staff proof that you actually spent what you said you did. Again, look at what everyone else in the bank has done.

I saw that in the First Post, too, but I didn't quite understand; I thought I had to get my Pokemon confirmed, first, then alert the bank!

Make a new post with your team, including the changes I've mentioned, and then make an actual payment post in the bank and link the two posts to one another. Do not edit the old posts because we will not notice that.

A Mudkip for $25, but I actually get it for $10, because of the Traditional Starter Discount...

And a Poochyena for $5

Which leaves me with $2.

http://www.dragonflycave.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1965&page=38

Okay, a little better, but still not there yet.

You still haven't given any of your Pokémon genders, and it is preferred that you post in a format similar to this:

[Nickname] Species (Gender) <Ability>

to make things easy to check at a glance.

Second, link to the actual post in each thread, not just the page in the thread, so we/the bank staff don't have to crawl all the way to the bottom of the page to find the right post. After you make the post, click on the little number in its upper-right hand corner; it'll give you a link to just that post, removed from the rest of the thread.

And third, while it's really the bank staff's job to point this out, you need to follow the proper format while posting in the bank. You need to post an equation starting with the money you currently have, minus the money you are spending, equals whatever you are left with (45 - 43 = 2, to use your first example).

Your math is also wrong; you noted that you're only paying $10 for the Mudkip, but your equation still treats it as though you're paying $25. You will actually have $17 left, not $2.

Make another new post in this thread and go ahead and make a new post in the bank that fixes all of these things.

Okay, a little better, but still not there yet..
Aaaargh! Oh, darn! So close...!
You still haven't given any of your Pokémon genders, and it is preferred that you post in a format similar to this:

[Nickname] Species (Gender) <Ability>

to make things easy to check at a glance..

My mistake! I looked at the first posts and didn't notice the format! Sorry...
And,... I don't really want to choose the Gender... Is there a way to randomise that?

Second, link to the actual post in each thread, not just the page in the thread, so we/the bank staff don't have to crawl all the way to the bottom of the page to find the right post. After you make the post, click on the little number in its upper-right hand corner; it'll give you a link to just that post, removed from the rest of the thread..

Urf! Why did it do that? I intended for it to go to my post...! XS

And third, while it's really the bank staff's job to point this out, you need to follow the proper format while posting in the bank. You need to post an equation starting with the money you currently have, minus the money you are spending, equals whatever you are left with (45 - 43 = 2, to use your first example)..

Okey, I'll get on that.

Your math is also wrong; you noted that you're only paying $10 for the Mudkip, but your equation still treats it as though you're paying $25. You will actually have $17 left, not $2..

Oh, wow, I'm smart! I forgot to change that...

Make another new post in this thread and go ahead and make a new post in the bank that fixes all of these things.

It'll be good this time! :grin:

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
************************************************************************************
I would like to purchase a
[Matsuko] Meditite (Male)for $13

[???] Mudkip (???) for $10 *Traditional Starter Discount*

[Wyatt] Poochyena (???) for $5[/B]

Which leaves me with $17.

My Bank Account is; http://www.dragonflycave.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1965 *Or Ought to Be*

************************************************************************************
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom