• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Registration Office

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon Registration Office

Zennyo Ryūō;183675 said:
Link to post in bank, which this time, is new.

I'd like to have this team, please.

[Hiderigami] Baltoy (N)
Ability: Levitate
Move Mod: None
Body Mod: None

[Kodama] Bellsprout (F)
Ability: Chlorophyll

[Ungaikyō] Bronzor (N)

[Yosuzume] Starly (M)
Ability: Keen Eye

[Senpoku-Kanpoku] Poliwag (F)
Ability: Water Absorb

[Ashiaraiyashiki] Diglett (M)
Ability: Sand Veil

[Yato-no-kami] Ekans (M)
Ability: Intimidate

[Gangi-kozō] Lotad (F)
Ability: Rain Dish

[Kasha] Spearow (M)

[Umibōzu] Spheal (F)
Ability: Thick Fat

*eaten*

Much as I hate to drag this out, the bank post needs to link back to the post you just made here. Normally you'd need to repost this post again, but this time I'll just let you edit it in. Go ahead and do that and we're all set.

[Hiderigami] Baltoy (N)

[Kodama] Bellsprout (F)

[Ungaikyō] Bronzor (N)

[Yosuzume] Starly (M)

[Yato-no-kami] Ekans (M)

[Gangi-kozō] Lotad (F)

[Kasha] Spearow (M)

[Umibōzu] Spheal (F)

Surely this is right, now. X3

Zennyo Ryūō;183679 said:

[Hiderigami] Baltoy (N)

[Kodama] Bellsprout (F)

[Ungaikyō] Bronzor (N)

[Yosuzume] Starly (M)

[Yato-no-kami] Ekans (M)

[Gangi-kozō] Lotad (F)

[Kasha] Spearow (M)

[Umibōzu] Spheal (F)

Surely this is right, now. X3

Perfect. Team approved.

Signature moves and abilities are free to make, right? So, here are my signature things. Be very afraid.

[Valour] Spraylet (Female)
Ability: Torrent
Signature Move: Featherstorm

Valour, living out on the ocean, has run into a few tropical storms, but one day, she encountered a hurricane. Valour was flying home after traveling over the ocean, and saw a dark cloud in the distance. It seemed like a regular rain storm, but even rainstorms could be dangerous over the sea. Valour flew faster, to get back to her home in time, but she ran into the storm. It was even worse than she thought, it was a hurricane. She tried to keep together, and felt like her wings were about to be ripped apart. Valour nearly fainted, but luckily, she got to the eye of the storm. Being battered and completely worn out, Valour found the eye of the hurricane to be the most relaxing and calm place she had ever seen. It was like taking crack, and Valour was addicted. Soon, the hurricane passed and Valour recovered. She wanted to experience the eye of a hurricane again, and as soon as rumours of another one started, she went after it. Valour was nearly torn apart again, and just barely made it to the eye of the hurricane. She wearily waited the rest of the storm out there.

After recovering, Valour washed up on the beach close to a nearby town, and was caught by Dragon (XDragonFireX). She experimented with the idea of hurricanes, and came up with an attack that used the same idea of a hurricane. She ended up with the attack she calls Featherstorm.

Featherstorm is a two turn attack, that can be directed at up to two separate (or not) targets. It’s strongest if directed at just one target. When Valour uses Featherstorm, her wings glow a barely visible light blue, and feathers shoot from them like bullets. Vicious winds whip around her, and Valour floats a few feet off the ground. She’s high enough to dodge Ground attacks, but if an Electric attack hits her, it’s an instant KO.

When Valour is done using Featherstorm, she is tired, and can’t fly for another two rounds, after using up her feathers. Valour can use Featherstorm up to twice a battle.

Type: Flying/ Special / 10% / 100% / Up to two targets / 10% Energy / Lasts Two rounds
Effects: While Valour is using Featherstorm, she can’t do anything else, and is instantly KO’d by electric attacks in this time. Physical attacks are ineffective, the winds tearing around Valour knock the attacker back, and do minor damage (1-2%). When Valour is finished using Featherstorm, she can’t fly for another two turns, while she recovers.
Usage Gap: Five turns, twice a battle.

Signature Attribute: Hurricane Chaser

Valour, being an ocean bird, has lived most of her life at sea, or around the sea. One night, when she tried to fly back over the ocean, a storm hit. But this storm was even stronger than the normal sea storms, this was a hurricane. Valour tried to fly back to land, or find a piece of drift wood, but to no luck. She did her best to keep alive in the hurricane, and eventually came to the eye of the storm. Valour was tired and wounded, and so found this to be the calmest and most enjoyable thing in her life, and waited the rest of the storm out in the eye. When the hurricane passed, Valour wanted to see the eye of a hurricane again and idiotically went after another hurricane. She was nearly torn apart in the winds, and just made it to the eye of the storm.

After just barely surviving these two hurricanes, Valour recovered and found she had a higher stamina for flying, most likely from braving the storms. She avoids hurricanes now, and tries to see the world with Dragon, her Trainer.

She is 2% more likely to get confused, becuase Confusion reminds her of hurricanes, and she was confused in the storms.

Effects: Valour has a 2% increase in resistance to flying type attacks, and uses 1% less energy for flying and flying type attacks. She is 2% weaker to electric attacks and gets confused 2% more easily.

That’s it for now, I guess. Is it too short?

Last edited:

Signature moves and abilities are free to make, right?

Yes.

Signature Attribute: Hurricane Chaser

Valour, being an ocean bird, has lived most of her life at sea, or around the sea. One night, when she tried to fly back over the ocean, a storm hit. But this storm was even stronger than the normal sea storms, this was a hurricane. Valour tried to fly back to land, or find a piece of drift wood, but to no luck. She did her best to keep alive in the hurricane, and eventually came to the eye of the storm. Valour was tired and wounded, and so found this to be the calmest and most enjoyable thing in her life, and waited the rest of the storm out in the eye. When the hurricane passed, Valour wanted to see the eye of a hurricane again and idiotically went after another hurricane. She was nearly torn apart in the winds, and just made it to the eye of the storm.

After just barely surviving these two hurricanes, Valour recovered and found she had a higher stamina for flying, most likely from braving the storms. She avoids hurricanes now, and tries to see the world with Dragon, her Trainer.

Effects: Valour has a 2% increase in resistance to flying type attacks, and uses 1% less energy for flying and flying type attacks. She is 2% weaker to electric attacks and gets confused 2% more easily.

That’s it for now, I guess. Is it too short?
Not bad, although no explanation is given for the electric weakness or the confusion increase. I understand that you're trying to give it a drawback, and it's a pretty fair drawback, but it does still need an explanation in the bio. I think I know what you're getting at with the confusion, but I'm not exactly sure how it's relevant to most confusion-inducing attacks. If I am correct in assuming that it's because she got dizzy in the hurricanes, what does that have to do with, say, Water Pulse or Chatter?

Also a 2% increase in confusion chance is weird. I guess there's nothing wrong with it, just an observation. It could be just a little bit higher (perhaps up to 5%), seeing as most attacks that might confuse (as opposed to causing confusion 100% of the time, which wouldn't trigger this attribute) only have a 10-20% chance in the first place.

So in the end, what it really needs is more explanation as far as the drawbacks are concerned. Unless Negrek has anything else to add, that should be all you need to fix.

You'll have to wait for someone else to look at the sig move, 'cause I don't get paid to do that.

Signature Move: Featherstorm

Valour, living out on the ocean, has run into a few tropical storms, but one day, she encountered a hurricane. Valour was flying home after traveling over the ocean, and saw a dark cloud in the distance. It seemed like a regular rain storm, but even rainstorms could be dangerous over the sea. Valour flew faster, to get back to her home in time, but she ran into the storm. It was even worse than she thought, it was a hurricane. She tried to keep together, and felt like her wings were about to be ripped apart. Valour nearly fainted, but luckily, she got to the eye of the storm. Being battered and completely worn out, Valour found the eye of the hurricane to be the most relaxing and calm place she had ever seen. It was like taking crack, and Valour was addicted. Soon, the hurricane passed and Valour recovered. She wanted to experience the eye of a hurricane again, and as soon as rumours of another one started, she went after it. Valour was nearly torn apart again, and just barely made it to the eye of the hurricane. She wearily waited the rest of the storm out there.

After recovering, Valour washed up on the beach close to a nearby town, and was caught by Dragon (XDragonFireX). She experimented with the idea of hurricanes, and came up with an attack that used the same idea of a hurricane. She ended up with the attack she calls Featherstorm.

Featherstorm is a two turn attack, that can be directed at up to two separate (or not) targets. It’s strongest if directed at just one target. When Valour uses Featherstorm, her wings glow a barely visible light blue, and feathers shoot from them like bullets. Vicious winds whip around her, and Valour floats a few feet off the ground. She’s high enough to dodge Ground attacks, but if an Electric attack hits her, it’s an instant KO.

When Valour is done using Featherstorm, she is tired, and can’t fly for another two rounds, after using up her feathers. Valour can use Featherstorm up to twice a battle.

Type: Flying/ Stat / 20% / 100% / Up to two targets / 10% Energy / Lasts Two rounds
Effects: While Valour is using Featherstorm, she can’t do anything else, and is instantly KO’d by electric attacks in this time. Physical attacks are ineffective, the winds tearing around Valour knock the attacker back, and do minor damage (1-2%). When Valour is finished using Featherstorm, she can’t fly for another two turns, while she recovers.
Usage Gap: Five turns, twice a battle.

Just say NO to hurricanes.

First of all, you’re going to have to lower the damage significantly – 20% is way too high for a basic pokemon. You should probably think about lowering the accuracy a bit, as well.

Completely negating Physical attacks also seems too strong an effect for a basic pokemon. Having the effect instead decrease the power of Physical attacks or give them a higher miss chance, or something similar, would be more acceptable.

How often does the minor damage occur? Once every action? Every round?

I don’t really see why this move would give Valour such a huge vulnerability to electricity. How exactly does that work?

Other than that, change “turns” to “rounds” or “actions,” and specify whether this uses the Physical or Special stat.

Edited a bit. I'll fix more later when I can think of a few more reasons.

Shazzam!

I'll take these Pokemon's!

[Snort] Swinub [M]
Ability: Oblivious
Rarity 2 (£7)

[Bubbly] Azurill [F]
Ability: HUGE POWER
Rarity 4 (£13)

[Weeder] Oddish [M]
Rarity 1 (£5)

[Shielded] Bronzor [-]
Ability: Heatproof
Rarity 1 (£5)

[Pathe] Magikarp [F]
Ability: Swift Swim
Rarity 1 (£5)

[Wormed] Wurmple [M]
Ability: Shield Dust
Rarity 1 (£5)

[Cottony] Swablu [F]
Ability: Natural Cure
Rarity 1 (£5)

Your bank link should go to where you paid for the pokémon, not your registration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom