• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Registration Office

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon Registration Office

Uh let's see.

[Z] Zangoose (F) $15
[Nan] Absol (M) $30
Ability: Super Luck
that comes to $45

the link

Last edited:

Your post in the bank must include a link to your approval post. Absol is $30, not $20, and you need to specify his ability.

my approval post for the entire thing? or what?

Your post in the bank basically needs to link to the post that says what you're buying here. That way, by looking at that bank post, someone knows exactly what you bought, and can check and make sure the monetary amounts are correct. Your post here also needs to link to the bank post that you made to take out the money, so that the people here know that you actually paid for your starters. It's a bit confusing, but not that hard. :3

do you want me to do it now? or

just in the future?

It was approved, so I assume you're good.

Also, I'd like to get a Signature Attribute approved. It's, uhm, unique. >:D

[Valor] phanpy (M)
Ability: Pickup
Signature Attribute: A Different Outlook

Well, Valor always was a different one. As a young phanpy, he never was interested in playing tag with the other children; actually, he liked to watch adult donphan fight, whether it was a Rollout contest, or a trunk-wrestling match. The other phanpy tried to get Valor to play along, but he never really wanted to. Even when the phanpy mating season came, he didn't participate, and for a very specific reason.

You see, Valor was never really into female Pokémon. He saw it as an awkward trait; the females never really were up to his speed. But the male Pokémon, well, that was a bit more.. his type. Because Valor wasn't interested in females, moves such as Attract (and others that involve gender-specific Pokémon) used by females have no effect on him. However, such moves used by male Pokémon work as if he were a female Pokémon. Also, Valor's Attract (and other gender-specific moves) only work on male Pokémon, not females.

Valor also has a special tendency when battling a male Pokémon. His trunk extends to the fullest length it can, and becomes as hard as rock. Because of this, and the similarity between his changed trunk and a bone, he acquires the ability to use the move Bone Rush. It also acquires the move Drill Peck, as long as it is able to jump into the air. However, battling a male Pokémon also makes him less focused. All attacks that require concentration (as defined by the ref in question; some attacks may require concentration in certain arenas, etc.) will have a fifty percent chance to fail, as if by Attraction.
---

So, to sum it up, Attract/Gender-specific moves only work when used from/against male Pokémon, Valor acquires a solidified trunk, the moves Drill Peck and Bone Rush, and has a fifty percent accuracy drop on moves that require some sort of concentration.

I think that should do it, but tell me if I did something wrong. D;

Edit: This is also the definition of Drill Peck if you don't think it fits here..
Negrek said:
The leaps into the air before diving at the opponent, spinning as it goes to deliver a drilling blow to its target.

Makes sense to me.

Last edited:

It was approved, so I assume you're good.

Also, I'd like to get a Signature Attribute approved. It's, uhm, unique. >:D

[Valor] phanpy (M)

Well, Valor always was a different one. As a young phanpy, he never was interested in playing tag with the other children; actually, he liked to watch adult donphan fight, whether it was a Rollout contest, or a trunk-wrestling match. The other phanpy tried to get Valor to play along, but he never really wanted to. Even when the phanpy mating season came, he didn't participate, and for a very specific reason.

You see, Valor was never really into female Pokémon. He saw it as an awkward trait; the females never really were up to his speed. But the male Pokémon, well, that was a bit more.. his type. Because Valor wasn't interested in females, moves such as Attract (and others that involve gender-specific Pokémon) used by females have no effect on him. However, such moves used by male Pokémon work as if he were a female Pokémon. Also, Valor's Attract (and other gender-specific moves) only work on male Pokémon, not females.

Valor also has a special tendency when battling a male Pokémon. His trunk extends to the fullest length it can, and becomes as hard as rock. Because of this, and the similarity between his changed trunk and a bone, he acquires the ability to use the move Bone Rush. It also acquires the move Drill Peck, as long as it is able to jump into the air. However, battling a male Pokémon also makes him less focused. All attacks that require concentration (as defined by the ref in question; some attacks may require concentration in certain arenas, etc.) will have a fifty percent chance to fail, as if by Attraction.
---

So, to sum it up, Attract/Gender-specific moves only work when used from/against male Pokémon, Valor acquires a solidified trunk, the moves Drill Peck and Bone Rush, and has a fifty percent accuracy drop on moves that require some sort of concentration.

I think that should do it, but tell me if I did something wrong. D;

Edit: This is also the definition of Drill Peck if you don't think it fits here..

Makes sense to me.

Drill Peck I don't have a problem with (good luck trying to gain sufficient diving height with a Phanpy, though), but Attract--specifically, Valor's use of Attract--I'm not buying. Just because Valor prefers males does not automatically mean that someone else's male Pokémon also prefers males, and in most cases I would imagine that Valor using Attract would either freak them out, make them angry or have no effect at all. Either change Valor's Attract effect to one or more of the choices I listed above or don't change it at all--he can just pretend that he's interested in females to distract them with the move as he normally would if he were straight. After all, I'd imagine that most other people's male Pokémon would only be pretending to be interested in Valor if they were to try Attract. You can add an additional chance of Attract working on male Pokémon *if* you already know that that individual Pokémon would be affected that way, but it most certainly would not work on all males by default. Otherwise Valor wouldn't be very "different", would he? ;)

Repost with the suggested changes and try again.

Buying:

[Adaption]Eevee(F)
Ability: Adaptibility

&

One Water Stone

Bank

Approved.

[Valor] phanpy (M)

You see, Valor was never really into female Pokémon. He saw it as an awkward trait; the females never really were up to his speed. But the male Pokémon, well, that was a bit more.. his type. Because Valor wasn't interested in females, moves such as Attract (and others that involve gender-specific Pokémon) used by females have no effect on him. Such moves used by male Pokémon work as if he were a female Pokémon. However, because not everyone else in the world around him is the ..same way as he is, the only way he can actually use Attract properly (y'know, to attract Pokémon) is by pretending to be have an interest and using it on a female Pokémon. Of course, that's not to say he cannot try to Attract males from time to time.. ;)

---

So, to sum it up, Attract/Gender-specific moves only work against Valor when used by male Pokémon, Valor acquires a solidified trunk, the moves Drill Peck and Bone Rush, and has a fifty percent accuracy drop on moves that require some sort of concentration.

Okay, I think I got it this time. Thanks, Kratos.

[Valor] phanpy (M)

You see, Valor was never really into female Pokémon. He saw it as an awkward trait; the females never really were up to his speed. But the male Pokémon, well, that was a bit more.. his type. Because Valor wasn't interested in females, moves such as Attract (and others that involve gender-specific Pokémon) used by females have no effect on him. Such moves used by male Pokémon work as if he were a female Pokémon. However, because not everyone else in the world around him is the ..same way as he is, the only way he can actually use Attract properly (y'know, to attract Pokémon) is by pretending to be have an interest and using it on a female Pokémon. Of course, that's not to say he cannot try to Attract males from time to time.. ;)

---

So, to sum it up, Attract/Gender-specific moves only work against Valor when used by male Pokémon, Valor acquires a solidified trunk, the moves Drill Peck and Bone Rush, and has a fifty percent accuracy drop on moves that require some sort of concentration.

Okay, I think I got it this time. Thanks, Kratos.

There we go. Approved.

Well I'd like to submit a Signature Move for Twitch the Zubat~ Man she's getting a lot of attention, but hey may as well follow the theme.. x3;;

[Twitch] Zubat (Female)
<Insomnia>
Sig. Attribute: Caffeine Addiction

Signature Move: Coffee Break
Type: Coffee (Of course it's a type!) / Stat: Supportive / Base Damage: N/A / Accuracy: 100% / Target: Self / Energy: Varies / Duration: Varies
Effects:
Just as the name may suggest, Twitch takes a turn for a breather and a nice cup o' joe. She simply flies back to her trainer for access to the thermos she will undoubtedly have on hand for a shot of whatever delicious treat may be inside. Depending on what she receives (On choice of trainer on use) she will receive one of various effects. Unfortunately, it's impossible to carry more than one serving at a time, thus she may only access this move once per battle - but the effects are generally strong.
Strong Brew: A nice, basic cup of strong, black coffee; unimpeded by fillers and wonderfully energising. Restores 50% Energy.
Ice Mocha: A cold, creamy, refreshing chocolatey blend sure to melt the worries of the world away. Restores 30% Health. (May not be used in matches with Direct Healing banned; counts for limited direct healing counter)
Espresso: A sharp and super-strong shot of condensed caffeine; even the most attuned individual will get a jolt from this stuff. Gives an immediate +6 Speed; This speed works like a normal stat-up and will not fade unless forcibly dispelled some how.
Espresso Latte: A slightly toned down and slower effect double-shot of Espresso; still packs a major punch, but not all at once. Grants the Speed Boost ability in addition to all other abilities for the duration of the match, causing Twitch to slowly speed up over time up to the normal cap. (Remains through switches) However, Sleep-Inducing moves have the ability to cancel the Speed Boost ability at their normal success rate. (They will still not put Twitch to sleep) Twitch will keep acquired boosts in this case, but not gain any more and lose existing ones on switching or through normal dispelling methods.
Vanilla Latte: A hot, yet refreshing and creamy blend sure to make one feel ready to take on the world with it's comforting vibes. Grants +6 Defence and Special Defence at the cost of -4 Attack and Special Attack.
Exotic Brew: A bracing, strong brewed blend hailing from a remote region. It has a rare flavour and texture, and a balance of caffeine that has the strange tendency to make one feel confident and aggressive; traditionally consumed by native warriors in it's home land. Grants +6 Attack and Special Attack at the cost of -4 Defence and Special Defence.
Usage Gap: Once per battle

Last edited:

[Ares] Nidoran (M)
Ability: Poison Point
Signature Move: Inferno Horn

Ares was once part of a great herd of Nidoran and their evolutions. Each year, the herd would travel from the plains where they made their home up into the mountains to train. Within these mountains lived a lost tribe of Charmander, Charmeleon and Charizard. When the herd had first discovered the tribe hundreds of years ago, they made a treaty, which stated they would not hurt each other. The peace remained for many years, until a Nidorino fell in love with a Charmeleon. The Charmeleon also fell in love with the Nidorino. Both the herd and the tribe objected to this. However, eventually the pair managed to convince the tribe and the herd to reconnect. They made a new treaty that would involve the clause of Pokemon from the tribe and the herd falling in love.

As more Pokemon from the herd and the tribe began to fall in love, they began to breed. Since those days the tribe and the herd have bred. Ares is the result of many years of Nido-legacy being bred with Char- Pokemon. In fact, even his father is a Charmeleon.

Due to the extraordinary amount of Fire-type Pokemon blood flowing through his veins, Ares can summon small amounts of fire for a short period of time. He had managed to form a barrier of fire around his horn, which he then rams into the opponent.

Type: Fire / Stat: Physical / Base Damage: 5% / Accuracy: 90% / Target: Single / Energy: 5%
Ares summons a barrier of fire around his horn temporarily. He then charges at the opponent, and slams his horn into them. The barrier of fire then disappears. There is a 5% chance that the target will become burned if it is possible for that species.
Usage Gap: 5 Rounds

(Catastrophic) Absol (F)
(Diggz) Diglett (M)
Ability: Sand Veil
(Head-Shot) Remoraid (M)
Ability: Sniper

Link

[Safria] Chikorita (Female)
Ability: Overgrow
Move Mod: None
Body Mod: None

[Fanta] Growlithe (Male)
Ability: Flash Fire

[Pepsi] Rattata (Male)
Ability: Run away

Paid for.

Heavy, you put 43$ again. And Lil' you need percentages i think, that'd make em more...appealing i guess...

(Catastrophic) Absol (F)
(Diggz) Diglett (M)
(Head-Shot) Remoraid (M)

Link

By my math, it comes to 45$, not 43.

[Safria] Chikorita (Female)
Ability: Overgrow

[Fanta] Growlithe (Male)
Ability: Flash Fire

[Pepsi] Rattata (Male)
Ability: Run away

Paid for.

Approved

(Catastrophic) Absol (F)
(Diggz) Diglett (M)
(Head-Shot) Remoraid (M)

Whoops, sorry, I linked to my bank post that was mistake, made a new bank post, but forgot to link my post here to the fixed post, if you see what I'm saying. Anyway, fixed.

Link

(Catastrophic) Absol (F)
(Diggz) Diglett (M)
(Head-Shot) Remoraid (M)

Whoops, sorry, I linked to my bank post that was mistake, made a new bank post, but forgot to link my post here to the fixed post, if you see what I'm saying. Anyway, fixed.

Link

It;s okay. :3 Approved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom