• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Special Manga Being Re-Released in the US

Negrek

busy dizzy lazy
Staff member
Pokémon Special Manga Being Re-Released in the US

Source: Pokébeach

Viz is going to be re-releasing its translations of the Pokémon Special manga this summer, with the first volume slated for release June 2nd and the second August 4th. At this point, it is unclear whether further volumes will be released (Viz originally marketed the first seven volumes of the manga). Each volume should sell for $7.99.

I'm a big fan of the Pokémon Special manga, so I'm really excited by this news! I remember reading the first four volumes of the manga at my local library when I was still in elementary school, but I only recently rediscovered it with scanlations on the internet. I could import English versions of the manga from Singapore, but I'm excited to be able to buy them here in the US, and I hope that they'll earn wider exposure here and encourage further English Pokémon manga releases.

Anybody else excited? I'm definitely buying these volumes as soon as they're released, and hoping for more.

Re: Pokémon Special Manga Being Re-Released in the US

I have never read the manga. I actually like a lot of manga so heres a good place to start.

OMG OMG OMG OMG!

I have ALWAYS wanted to read Pokemon Special, and would prefer an official release in America rather than scanlations, so this is great news! Maybe they'll go past those first volumes this time.

...Now all that needs to happen is a GOOD english dubbing of Hoshi no Kaabii and I'll be extremely happy next year.

now... what remains to be seen is whether it will be the ACTUAL manga, or that 'best of' BS they've released previously.

Awesome! I'd bought the first volume of their translation a long time ago; I had no idea they'd previously released as many as seven though. I could only find like the first three. D:

I hope they do translate more of them.

now... what remains to be seen is whether it will be the ACTUAL manga, or that 'best of' BS they've released previously.
No, it's the real manga, or at least the two volumes whose release has been announced are.

Apparently I owned one of these English comics for years and had no idea that it was the same thing people were talking about when they said "Pokémon Special". 'S gone now, don't know where. Oh, well.

I've never been an especially huge fan of manga and the one issue-volume-book-dunno-what-it-was I did own for however long always struck me as weird, but after learning a bit more about it it does sound interesting. Might check it out again when they rerelease it.

No, it's the real manga, or at least the two volumes whose release has been announced are.

YES. I've always wanted to read Pokéspecial, and seeing as One Manga really only goes to Yellow...

YES. I've always wanted to read Pokéspecial, and seeing as One Manga really only goes to Yellow...
Mangafox goes to chapter 327, which is all the way through volume twenty-eight, if you're interested.

Hey, Special! Awesome.

... but... it's still Viz. Viz is freaking retarded. :( You can get better translations by rewriting babelfished text. D:

[MIXED FEELINGS]

i long for a manga series to hit the UK, but sadly America gets all the glory and they gte the english releases >:(

Oh man! I love pokemon special! A little while ago I was copy and pasting the manga from One Manga onto my computer so I could put it on my Zune. But I'd much rather get the real manga!

YES. I've wanted to read Special for so long. I first found out about it when I started going on Serebii, then found the Best of Red and Best of Yellow in bookstores, but was disappointed when they only included random chapters. I'm definitely picking these up.

ZOMG WANT NOW

Been waiting forever for this to come out. I only got to the end of the yellow series...

Yellow is awesome, by the way.

I like what I've read of the manga online, so I think I will go out and buy them at some point.

Back
Top Bottom