• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Poképhiles

Re: Poképhiles

Jet watched as everyone moved around the city, mostly aiming for shops selling food. He glanced sideways at Ty and said shortly, "Everyone is eating. You want something too?"

Amy leaned casually against a wall nearby, but her eyes continued searching the city. Her hand slipped absently into her pocket and closed around something small, bringing a faint smile back to her anxious face. She gently squeezed the object before withdrawing her hand and moving toward Typhlosion. Noticing that the Fire Pokemon was busy burning ants, Amy stopped a short distance away; having a Steel type partner, she had never felt quite safe around fire of any sort.

"Um... Typhlosion? I think we're the only ones left over. We should probably stay together."

"Any luck finding a burger stand?" Josh asked, "I'm so hungry."

Stop whining.... Pureheart said.

(Who is Pureheart with?)

Ty shrugged his shoulders, looking at Gardevoir, and then back to Jet to reply. If you're hungry I'll go. Don't mind if I eat or not. Though, I prefer something that serves vegetarian.

Now that he was thinking of it, he was hungry. He hadn't eaten since... well, he never kept tabs in when he ate, but he was sure it hadn't been for a while.

((Pureheart is with Calim, he addressed her in a previous post))

Typhlosion bowed her head towards Amy.
"What would you like to do then? I'm up for anythign that kills the time while we're waiting to board."

Milanda adapted quickly to the role, her skin doing it's part. Though the whispers had stopped, new ones quickly took their place, people questioning if it was safe to get near her. Quickly buying and paying for their food, using up the small amount of money she had, Milanda sat down, pretending to need help, then focused her thoughts on trying to have a psychic conversation with the pokemon sitting across from her.
'I'm sorry about that... I'm really nervous... I never did react well to people talking to me behind my back.'

Jet cast about the town for a moment, thinking about the money obstacle. He was starving, but neither he nor Amy had any money. For a moment the thought of stealing something entered his mind, but one glance at Amy banished the thought immediately. He would never defy the wishes of the one who had taught him that stealing was wrong.

"I don't have any money," he told Ty. "I'll have to ask Calim for some."

Amy considered for a moment. "I'd suggest getting something to eat, but I don't have any money and we can't keep using the money Siyavash-" She bit her lip, on the verge of saying the word 'stole'. "Obtained," she finished carefully. She shrugged offhandedly and said dully, "We could always dumpster-dive, Jet and I used to do that a lot."

Ty sighed and pulled out two twenty dollar bills from the front pocket of his hoody and gave one to Amy. This is all I got from my old home, tell your human to use it wisely, he thought to Jet. He placed back the second bill back in it's pocket. Then he looked around, taking in what he saw of the city. The open space made him uneasy; afraid, if his dignity let him say so. Anti-claustrophobia. Great.

Eventually through his scans of the city, he saw a fast food restaurant. He pointed it out, and thought, Looks like that place has some salad and whatever, want to go there?

Amy blinked in shock. "Thank you!" She looked down at her hand, almost unable to believe that she was holding money for the first time in over a year. She turned back to Typhlosion. "Are you hungry? What would you like to eat?"

Jet followed Ty's finger and noticed the restaurant. He shrugged. "Why not? It's better than just standing around here."

Amy's eyes followed Jet as he walked away toward the shop. She knew that he was only acting casual so that Ty didn't think he was soft. Once again she reached into her pocket, her fingers closing around the hard object there.

"Jet... I love you."

Jet glanced back, hearing the distant strain of telepathy, and smiled fondly. "I love you too."

Typhlosion smiled, glad that, even under the circumstances, Amy still wanted ot be sure others had their needs met, as well as her own.
"Not that hungry, Amy. You get yourself something. All I'd like is a bowl of water, or something like it. You lead the way, I'll just follow, I'm up for anythign that kills time."

Siyavash, after helping Milanda into her seat, sat in a manner supposed to reflect chivalry that instead made him look prim and effeminate. "I understand. I remember when we first met, Calim didn't understand what normal society was like and he punched someone in the face for laughing at his hair," the Gallade told her wistfully. He looked off into the distance for a moment before coming back to his senses. "The point is, people are going to be looking at you strangely all the time from now on. You can either take it all personally or you can hold your head up. What matters is not what they think of your demeanour but what your pack thinks. Right now, like it or not, your clan doesn't give a damn about much as long as you can pull your weight and act calm in a crisis," he told her.

"Good. Thanks for fnding a fast food resturaunt. I'm starving!" Josh said.

Well, hello, Calim. We might have to be together for a while. she whispered, Are you sure we're safe?

Amy paused for a moment, torn between the shop Siyavash had gone into and the one Jet was heading toward. For some reason she felt as safe around the Gallade and his partner as she did with Jet. Eventually she followed Jet toward the fast food restaurant, deciding that she would only stay long enough for a quick snack. She was suddenly anxious to get on board the ship and leave Sinnoh - and her past - behind.

Ty followed in with Jet, glance only once back at Amy. Deciding he wasn't going to eat something anyway, he nodded at Jet. I'll find us a table to eat at.

And without waiting for a response, he walked away to a vacant table and sat down, noticing a guy who was gawking at him. He give him the middle finger, and then crossed his arms, looking like he was in a pouty mood in his teen girl exterior. Like I need more of those.

Jet approached the counter, ignoring the strange looks he drew. He stared up at the menu list on the back wall and felt his stomach plummet; it was comprised entirely of words. His ears flicked back slightly and his breathing became shallow.

I knew I should have paid more attention... Amy tried so hard...

He attempted to swallow the lump in his throat as he stared wildly up at the board, trying to find a word he recognized. He knew his greatest fear was about to come true. For a moment an image filled his mind; the entire restaurant laughing at him and mocking him, and Ty's expression of disgust when he realized Jet could not read.

Jet drew a shuddering breath and reached out with telepathy. "Amy... help!"

Amy froze as she heard his silent plea, then began to hurry toward the restaurant, temporarily forgetting Typhlosion. She broke into a run and pushed through the doors, immediately spotting Jet at the counter. He turned to her, his eyes full of terror, and without caring what the many onlookers would think she ran to him and gathered him close.

"It's all right," she breathed. "I'm here."

Noticing that they were drawing stares and mutters, Amy let go of Jet and turned to look at the menu. Jet took a deep breath to calm himself. "Ty wants a salad," he told her.

Amy nodded, glanced up at the prices again and quickly ordered the cheapest food she could see, along with a bowl of water for Typhlosion. With Jet trailing behind her, clinging to her arm like a lost child, she carried the food to the table Ty had chosen.

So, what was with your human running in? Ty asked, looking down at his salad. Although, already he knew the answer. It was hard not to when a pokemon was starring at a menu freaked out, then calling on his human for help.

Then his stomach grumbled, and he once again looked at the salad. So much for not wanting to eat... He shrugged his shoulders. Maybe he did need to eat...

Calim smiled down at Pureheart. "Well, we can go get something to eat, if you like. I don't have any money, though. I gave it all back to Siyavash before we split up. I was thinking of going and reserving close rooms on the ship before everyone else gets there, though whatever you feel like doing is fine," he said. "I think we'll be fine if we try to be inconspicuous."

"Sorry about drawing attention to us," Amy told Ty. She could not hear his thoughts like Jet could, and the Lucario wasn't about to pass on the message; he sat hunched over in his seat, picking unenthusiastically at a burger.

Amy glanced toward the door. "I wonder if Typhlosion is coming?"

"She can look after herself," Jet murmured dully.

Amy gave her partner a sympathetic look and reached for his paw, squeezing it gently. "It's all right," she told him. She looked at Ty, and knew that even though he had probably figured it out, she couldn't tell him the truth. "Jet has problems handling money," she lied. "He didn't want to order anything too expensive and he wasn't sure what to do."

You know, it's nice your human is lying for you, or that she doesn't want be knowing for some reason, but I can already tell. Don't expect me to go all 'supportive' or whatever but...

Ty thought for a moment on what to think, trying to make sure his inner thoughts weren't heard by Jet, while at the same time, opening his salad box and grabbing the plastic fork that was included.

You'know, if you think that I'd care weather you can read or not, I don't. It's not like I expect you to be able to read, although it was stupid of me to leave you there. I only assumed. Don't expect me to say sorry.

Looking at his salad again, he put down the fork without eating and and stood up from the table.

I'll go grab the Typhlosion.

Sunny looked around at the fast food restaurant. He ordered a salad and went and sat down with the others, Aguro following him. "I'm not having one of those disgusting burgers," he told them, "D you know what goes into those things? Once they've finished making meat out of the Miltank they just scrape off whatever left - eyelids, lips, ears - and turn it into a 'burger'."

He glancedwith distaste at a burger someone nearby was eating. Aguro wasn't looking at him; she seemed to be avoiding his eyes.

"What?" he whispered.

"Oh nothing. Only you've probably put off half the restaurant now. You weren't exactly speaking quietly." she told him telepathically..

Back
Top Bottom