• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokkén Tournament Choice Mafia - Game Thread

Re: Pokkén Tournament Choice Mafia - Game Thread

Hmm. No deaths this night.
No synergy points, either.
This is quite a pickle.

Well, I was sure I was going to die because I was the most talkative person yesterday, so I figured I might as well use my only power I could afford (it cost 2 Synergy) and didn't get much of anything useful out of it. I won't go into detail in case using it again in the future can be of some kind of help, but suffice to say there was something in particular in the thread I was suspicious of and was hoping to be able to contradict, but the result of my action doesn't contradict it but also didn't confirm it as definitely truthful, either.

Now I have 4 Synergy left, so it seems no one targeted me last night. (I had 5, plus 1 for using a night action, minus 2 for the cost of the action I used.)

ILS: Chandelure
Zero Moment: Weavile
Negrek: Sceptile
Music Dragon: Gengar
VM: Braixen (Nightkilled N1, Innocent)
Stryke: Shadow Mewtwo
Superbird: Blaziken
Autumn: Pikachu Libre
Kratos Aurion: Garchomp
JackPK: Suicune
Butterfree: Charizarrrd (Nightkilled N0, Innocent)
Faorzia: Pikachu Regular
Wargle: Machamp

Up to 4 points now. I got a support Pokemon the night before. Don't know what it does, didn't see anyone else claim it so I didn't mention it.

So about support pokemon: they can be used for a night action in lieu of a regular night action, but you don't get any synergy for using it, and until something else happens, you don't know what it's effect will be.

That sounds questionable lmao like what is even the point if you can't tell what it does ._.

Hm... do you have absolutely no idea what the support pokémon do? Or is it just vague and you don't know for sure what it does? I remember the last time I ran an inventor role I only vaguely described what the various items did, although it was at least possible to guess at their use. I dunno/don't remember if not being up front about inventor items is standard, or if MF just has a reason to be sneaky about these.

Do you at least know whether you can specifically target another player or yourself with the supports, or is it just "hey here's a whimsicott holler if you wanna use it and we'll see what happens"?

Would you mind sharing what the support pokémon's species are? I know it's far from a guarantee in a mafia game, but maybe we could help you guess at what they do? I'm not really sure we have anything better to do today, honestly. If someone thinks they may have stopped the kill due to protecting another player they're probably not gonna come forward at this point, so unless someone would like to own up to having roleblocked their target, we're not getting the information MD was talking about.

Support pokemon target another living player (but you don't get synergy for using it) and do SOMETHING, though I don't know what. I haven't been given that information yet, so until I do, its effect could be anything

As for the next question, you can target any living player with it, though it might not take effect for some players. Whether this is cause if roles or the random effect the support pokemon has, I don't know.

And my support pokemon is a Magikarp.

Can you use it simultaneously to one of your normal night actions?

No, you use it instead of a night action.

Oh, so the effect is random? Interesting. I guess that'd explain it. Is yours random, too, Wargle?

Yea, I got a Farfetch'd. The description is the same. Don't know what it does, all support pokemon are used by targetting a different player, some might not effect. et cetera.

I assume that it isn't random, and that each pokemon has a certain use, the user just does not know. Or maybe it's random. Who knows.

Hmmm... It's Day 3 and we have no leads.
Should we go for an Abstain today, or go for a lynch? I know there's a couple players that haven't posted yet today.
For the support Pokemon, I think it'd be interesting if everyone who had one used them tonight, to see what they do.

The only lead we have to go on is that the murder scenes involved brute force, which could be half the people here, so we probably shouldn't lynch until we get some more stuff to go off of.

And regarding the support pokemon, I'm holding off. MF implied that I might get info on what my support pokemon does later, so I want to make sure I'm not causing an unintended negative effect on someone or wasting a potentially useful effect.

If we lynch, we have an X/11 chance of killing scum, where X is the number of scum left alive (probably ~3-4, for a game that started with 13 players total). But if we don't lynch, we have 0 chance of killing scum, and we have to rely on a healer or jail keeper (if they exist) targeting correctly, or the scum going AWOL and not sending in an action.

Mathematically, I feel even a random lynch is favorable in the long run over not lynching at all.

I really don't think the flavor text means anything.

Agreed.

for the record im gonna be unavailable most of tomorrow and then saturday through monday

Speaking of absences, a couple of exams this week have led to missed events that apparently all need to be handled on Saturday.

( idk man I'll probably be reading the thread anyway. not like I post much to begin with :D )

The only lead we have to go on is that the murder scenes involved brute force, which could be half the people here, so we probably shouldn't lynch until we get some more stuff to go off of.

And regarding the support pokemon, I'm holding off. MF implied that I might get info on what my support pokemon does later, so I want to make sure I'm not causing an unintended negative effect on someone or wasting a potentially useful effect.
Ooh how? Did you ask? I didn't get told anything, I don't wanna be left out :c

I asked what my new magikarps effect was on other players, and he said I havent been given that info YET.

Eesh, slow game.

Okay, let's see. I think by now most living players have posted something today (although a bunch of people are apparently going to be busy/traveling? that's inconvenient).

I'd rather not put anyone on the chopping block entirely at random, so I'm gonna take a minute to put together some salient information about everybody and see if that can at least tell us something about usefulness, if not actual scumminess.

Here're all the not-dead-yet-type-people and how many times they've posted thus far:

Stryke 20
Wargle 19
JackPK 11
Autumn 11
Kratos Aurion 11 (including this post)
Music Dragon 8
I liek Scythers 7
Negrek 6
Zero Moment 6
Faorzia 5
Superbird 4

Based solely on posting activity, Superbird has been the least active during the day (and by my reckoning is the only person who hasn't posted "today", correct me if I'm wrong), followed by Faorzia. Faorzia's mentioned being busy, while Superbird's just been quiet. I can't honestly say I blame him, given that the game has been pretty slow, but it's there, I guess.

A few other general thoughts:

As Jack noted earlier, MD wasn't up for cooperating with the whole synergy point reveal thing, which is a hair odd when everyone else was. That said, I'm sure there are valid reasons not to reveal synergy totals, including the one I mentioned yesterday (not broadcasting that you have a ton of points and might be able to use a very potent power, which could cause the mafia to target you before you can actually use said power), so that in and of itself isn't enough to make me hugely suspicious of him.

...I suppose it's worth mentioning the possibility that perhaps he is an alien and the mafia targeted him at Jack's suggestion, but he wasn't actually active the night before and thus is active now. It's also possible that he was just protected by a healer/jailkeeper/whatever who didn't believe he was an alien, and of course if he is an active alien we shouldn't be lynching him anyway. So yeah, all that really does is reaffirm that there's no reason to attempt to lynch him at the moment, but I figured I'd talk it through anyway.

Stryke, meanwhile, has been the most active. Which is great! I love talkative players! But I do also wonder about how often he's been leaning on the flavor text. I won't say that the flavor is entirely meaningless, because not being MF I can't know that for sure, but I do also agree that it's not going to point any fingers directly at any mafiosi (or, more importantly if he were mafia, it's not going to point fingers at any innocent players in any way other innocent players will actually believe). It is kind of pointless to keep harping on about it without a more solid lead... but at the same time, again, slow game, and we barely have anything else to talk about anyway. To be fair, I'm pretty sure Stryke is a relatively new player, at least here, and therefore he wouldn't necessarily know that placing too much weight on flavor is generally a waste. I don't want to default to calling it "scummy" or "overeager to point fingers at other players" when it's also easy to explain as inexperience.

No one else has really... done enough of anything notable to talk about? Everyone has either been busy or as helpful/quiet as they typically are, iirc. Unless I've missed something, in which case feel free to remind me.

So, uh. We have no major solid leads, MD isn't worth lynching at this point and I'm willing to give Stryke a newbie pass for a little longer (plus I am curious as to what this magikarp he's pulled in might be able to do)... all I've got to go on personally is inactivity. And since he hasn't posted at all today and has been the least active in general...

If he's able to make some kind of case that will prove his usefulness then we'll see what happens, but for now, lynch Superbird.

Back
Top Bottom