• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokkén Tournament Choice Mafia - Game Thread

Re: Pokkén Tournament Choice Mafia - Game Thread

This is my first-ish mafia (I was in the April fools 2016 one, but that doesn't really count), so my reliance on the flavor text is based on my understanding that it's the only lead we are given each day from the game master. I'll stop relying solely on the flavor text now, I didn't know it's generally frowned upon, but you gotta admit: there's usually one helpful thing in the flavor if you look hard enough.

Given the opportunity to investigate under less pressure than usual... the Ferrum trainers instead continued to focus on their physical training, and the few who didn't changed the subject to some other old thing -- Superb Polkadots? Rapport Polygons? Whatever the case, their repertoire for a real crisis continues sparse.

Despite the little effort, however, the investigation still led to a suspect being caught and hanged, in a way. A wary trainer came to be suspicious of an eerie, skulking one... And before that one could ever make ready, his body had already been pulled into a whirlwind of deadly attacks.

Perhaps, if that had been it, his rapidly coming death would have been regarded as another tragic blow to the group. However, with his final breaths, Superbird choose to do a little more than bid his partner Blaziken farewell: cursing his luck, he left the Ferrum battlers with one last admonishment, telling them of how their precious little Synergy Power was rapidly draining even then and they wouldn't be able to stem the downard flow of it this time...

The trainers, scattered in the night, were left to ponder this goblet of information. Could the source of their woes be infiltrated among them? Could they still trust anyone whatsoever, aside perhaps from their partner Pokémon?

Superbird, Blaziken's trainer, is dead. He was mafia.

72 hours for night actions.

Sorry for the long night, folks, it's been one excessively hectic pair of weeks. We proceed now, though!

-----

Still searching for answers, the trainers decide to launch a thorough investigation. Even if their trust in one another is shaken and stirred, they feel closer to the answers they seek, and they feel confident that sticking together will make it harder for the traitors possibly among them to act freely. And so, sights set on a remote location in the ocean, they hitch a ride with a hook-and-line Magikarp fishing vessel. Although some people in the group rue the boat trips, others are entertained by the pathetically flopping fish and the overwhelmingly enthusiastic Hariyama who stands on the bow, waving a flag at each catch.

One sun down and one sun up later, however, the tone of the travel changes, as JackPK is absent from the daily headcount. His remains are nonwhere to be found, but it's rather painfully obvious how one would go about disposing of a corpse in the current circumstances. The irony of a Water-type's trainer meeting this end is not lost on the trainers, and they briefly consider that the missing among them could easily have left of his own accord if he'd suddenly chosen to -- and yet, the state of his lodging quarters, rife with the signs of a struggle, leaves little doubt as to what story precedes his disappearance.

Could the group purge the murderous amongst them before they must show themsevles to Nora, or must they disappoint the legendary trainer?

JackPK, Suicune's trainer, is dead. He was innocent.

72 hours for discussion.

Oh my, another murder! How exhilarating! Who will die next? Will it be me? Will it be you? The tension is exquisite...

I'm not surprised that Jack was targeted, since he was doing a pretty good job of organizing the investigation. Kratos, I suppose you'll have to take over; that lucky mafia kill all but proves your innocence, so I'm sure everyone trusts you now. That puts you in charge, hehehe! I like the bloodthirst, by the way. Looks good on you.

As for me, I'm just going to casually dump Jack's and Superbird's corpses into this blue IKEA bag and haul them off. Nothing to see here, move along!

I will actually participate today, but for now I'll just congratulate Kratos on being a badass.

Just a heads up: I probably won't be able to participate this day session. I'll do what I can, but no guarantees. I will be on for the next one though.

Our secretive support supplier seems to have gifted me a pet magneton. I can corroborate the claims that MF's PM didn't explain exactly what it does, only how to use it.

Not sure what you mean. The PM just says that supports are used by targeting another living player, just as Stryke said earlier.

Oh, I thought by 'how to use it' involved some other conditions beside what Stryke said.

I haven't. Tried to get some info about it, all I got is that each Pokemon has a specific action, but I can't know it "right now"

ILS: Chandelure
Zero Moment: Weavile
Negrek: Sceptile
Music Dragon: Gengar
VM: Braixen (Nightkilled N1, Innocent)
Stryke: Shadow Mewtwo
Superbird: Blaziken Lynched Day 2. Mafia)
Autumn: Pikachu Libre
Kratos Aurion: Garchomp
JackPK: Suicune (Nightkilled N2, Innocent)
Butterfree: Charizarrrd (Nightkilled N0, Innocent)
Faorzia: Pikachu Regular
Wargle: Machamp

...sigh.

MF, can I request an extension? I know you've given them before when no decisions have been made by end of day, but I'd just like to be sure we get one if possible—I actually do have an idea to float around and would like people to actually discuss it, but due to computer issues I can't type it all up right this moment.

In the mean time I'd also like to say that MF clarified that support pokémon are single-use, in case anyone else was wondering about that.

i'm sorry i just... i've been in so many mafia games that i'm getting a bit burnt out on talking :(

Well, either way it's been 72 hours and the vote's tied, so, 24-hour time extension.

Oh yeah, I just remembered Zero Moment exists! I roll to lynch him.

Now hold on, I'm not just saying that because I like murder! Here's my reasoning:

First of all, we (or rather Kratos) lynched Superbird because he wasn't saying anything, and that worked out splendidly, right? And Zero Moment has been pretty quiet too, so there you go. Correlation equals causation, my B!

Now, you might object that Zero Moment never says anything anyway. To which I say: right, that's just one more reason to lynch him! I mean, someone who doesn't talk is unlikely to be helpful later on anyway, right?

And thirdly, which is what struck me just now: there's the Synergy Points, right!? I mean, he's saying he's got zero synergy points. That would mean he hasn't used any powers and hasn't been targeted by anyone for the whole game! Seems weird to me that he'd have a power that he can't use for several days in a row, so maybe he's hiding something. Kind of suspicious!

Now, you might object that we don't know what Zero Moment's powers are, so he could very well be telling the truth when he says he has no Synergy Points. To which I say: right, that's just one more reason to lynch him! I mean, someone who has no Synergy Points whatsoever is unlikely to be helpful later on anyway, right?

So, basically: even if Zero Moment is innocent, he's probably not a very useful innocent, so that makes him a low-risk target. If we're gonna lynch anyone at all, I suggest him! N-nothing personal, I assure you - it's just tactically sound...!

... That being said, let's maybe wait and see what Kratos has to say first. That sounded even more promising. Hehehe!

Back
Top Bottom